Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's Little Creative Spot [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oooooh....so pretty! Prettiness everywhere!

Thank you, sweet T! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yiiiiipppppeeeee skiiiiippppppy!
    On an inkling, I decided to check the post this afternoon - and guess what I found jammed in the letter box tighter than a can of sardines?
    You guessed it - IP! I HAZ IP!

And what have I been doing all afternoon? BUILDING! :shock: *slaps wrists*
    I need to play more!

So, since I wasn't playing, I thought I'd share what I worked today. Now, I don't know how I feel about it as of yet. I don't LOATHE it, but I don't LUUUUURVE it either. It is s'pose to be a gym, but it's just too big, I think. Perhaps I'll build it on a smaller scale some day.

Anyway...I'm rambling!

Screenshot-1029.jpg

Screenshot-1036.jpg

Screenshot-1030.jpg

Screenshot-1032.jpg

Screenshot-1031.jpg

Screenshot-1033.jpg

Just to note that I was taking pictures as I was recoloring, so that's why all the colors are different. And the darn thing is so big that I didn't finish recoloring either.

There I go rambling again! *slaps wrists*
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your WIP looks great. :) It looks good how you are using the skylights and the glass windows. It is great how you are building it on the water.
    Enjoy playing, building in and exploring all the features of Island Paradise! :) I am pleased that you now have it!
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your WiP looks very groovy!!!

Coooool......

T
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your WIP looks great. :) It looks good how you are using the skylights and the glass windows. It is great how you are building it on the water.
    Enjoy playing, building in and exploring all the features of Island Paradise! :) I am pleased that you now have it!

Thanks, rose! I've been having fun with the skylights - it's great trying to figure out what works and what doesn't!

I might put this on the back burner and actually enjoy IP today :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Your WiP looks very groovy!!!

Coooool......

T

Thanks, T! I'm still at a loss with what do with it. I think the first thing is to strip it of the paint! We'll see... :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Welp, it's 2:30am and I finally finished the gym which I have named Serenity Sanctuary. I'm only posting a sneak peek because I'm a sleepy bunny.
    Now that I've built in Isla Paradiso, I believe I've earned the right to PLAY! :mrgreen:
    Stay tuned for more pictures...

Screenshot-1089.jpg

Screenshot-1088.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited July 2013
    Serenity Sanctuary looks very nice. :) Very nice way you have done the flowers, rocks and sign at the front. The way you have used the skylights, glass windows and arches looks great! I had a look at some more photos of it on the exchange and it looks good. It is a nice place to come to for relaxing, working out and enjoying having something to eat or drink. Great balcony and decking areas. Great way you have set up the food area with the barista bar, the new tropical food décor bowl and the hanging fishes. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seats under the umbrellas. Nice shades of colours you have used for the interior and exterior furnishings and walls. The surfboards on the wall and the model ship and nautical shelf cabinet in in the pool table and bubble blowing room looks good. Great way you recoloured the tops of the pillars, and nice photo of the seats set up near the pillar with the view of the ocean and land. Great that there is a variety of things for sims to do here, from relaxing outdoors on the seats or in the sauna or working out on the gym equipment or doing rock wall climbing or eating/drinking. A great build!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Serenity Sanctuary looks very nice. :) Very nice way you have done the flowers, rocks and sign at the front. The way you have used the skylights, glass windows and arches looks great! I had a look at some more photos of it on the exchange and it looks good. It is a nice place to come to for relaxing, working out and enjoying having something to eat or drink. Great balcony and decking areas. Great way you have set up the food area with the barista bar, the new tropical food décor bowl and the hanging fishes. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seats under the umbrellas. Nice shades of colours you have used for the interior and exterior furnishings and walls. The surfboards on the wall and the model ship and nautical shelf cabinet in in the pool table and bubble blowing room looks good. Great way you recoloured the tops of the pillars, and nice photo of the seats set up near the pillar with the view of the ocean and land. Great that there is a variety of things for sims to do here, from relaxing outdoors on the seats or in the sauna or working out on the gym equipment or doing rock wall climbing or eating/drinking. A great build!

rose, I don't think there is any way to thoroughly thank you for your kind comments. You are always so supportive of not just me, but everyone else in the forums. You're such a sweetheart and I really appreciate what you give back to the community! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh WOW! :D What a lovely Sanctuary! It is build on water and it has skylights! YAY! :D Love your new build Ari! Can't wait to see it in the exchange. :D
  • Options
    GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wowza! Your gym looks phenomenal! I love the new performaning arts set and it looks absolutely amazing in your build!

Can't wait to download, Isla Paradiso needs a better gym! Great Job Arica :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Oh WOW! :D What a lovely Sanctuary! It is build on water and it has skylights! YAY! :D Love your new build Ari! Can't wait to see it in the exchange. :D

Thanks, yanti! It's the fastest that I think I've ever done a build! 2 days - that's gotta be a record for me! :D I'm so happy you liked it! I'm about to update with the exchange link. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wowza! Your gym looks phenomenal! I love the new performaning arts set and it looks absolutely amazing in your build!

Can't wait to download, Isla Paradiso needs a better gym! Great Job Arica :mrgreen:

I've not had a chance to check out the gym that came with IP, but I'm thrilled that you will be using mine in your game! It always gives me warm fuzzies when people like my builds. Cheers me dears! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Serenity Sanctuary

Whether you want to break a sweat or just relax, Serenity Sanctuary has something for you! Practice martial arts, hit the treadmill, enjoy the spa, or take a dance class - this gym/spa has it all. After you burn off those calories, sip a herbal tea on the terrace while looking over the ocean. If relaxation is really what you're after, hit the sauna, try the bubble machine or the outdoor jacuzzi. Serenity Sanctuary is the place to sweat profusely, be graceful as a swan, or put up your feet while soaking in a mud bath.

Features:
    Rock Climbing Wall
    Dance Studio
    Weight room
    Martial Arts room
    Sauna room
    Outdoor jacuzzi
    Relaxation area

357k9oo.png

bf687231-7d2a-46c6-996e-8daec5ed21b3.jpg

Screenshot-1039.jpg

Screenshot-1040.jpg

Screenshot-1042.jpg

Screenshot-1041.jpg

Screenshot-1060.jpg

Screenshot-1047.jpg

Screenshot-1045.jpg

Screenshot-1055.jpg

Screenshot-1056.jpg

Screenshot-1057.jpg

Screenshot-1053.jpg

Screenshot-1058.jpg

Screenshot-1054.jpg

Screenshot-1079.jpg

Screenshot-1049.jpg

Screenshot-1063.jpg

Screenshot-1064.jpg

Screenshot-1078.jpg

Screenshot-1061.jpg

Screenshot-1062.jpg

Screenshot-1074.jpg

Screenshot-1075.jpg

Screenshot-1093.jpg

Screenshot-1092.jpg

41a84198-101c-4fbf-904f-70dc2c12d73f.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited July 2013
    Beautiful :D It looks so serene :] I just love your color
    palette as well ^__^ Very nice use of those skylights too :thumbup:

Rec and download :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Manssom wrote:
    Beautiful :D It looks so serene :] I just love your color
    palette as well ^__^ Very nice use of those skylights too :thumbup:

Rec and download :mrgreen:

Thank you my sweet! It was a speed build for me - I was super surprised that it only took me 2 days! Those skylights sure took some figuring out, but that set is absolutely amazing! I'm uber stoked that you have downloaded and rec'd it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ooooh, Serenity Sanctuary is beautiful Arica! I adore all the colourful interiors and great use of the new skylights/windows! :thumbup: Already caught and rec'd it when it flew by me on the mypages. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    Ooooh, Serenity Sanctuary is beautiful Arica! I adore all the colourful interiors and great use of the new skylights/windows! :thumbup: Already caught and rec'd it when it flew by me on the mypages. :)

Hello darlin'! Thank you so very much - it is nice to see you here! Uber happy that you're diggin' Serenity Sanctuary. For some reason as soon as I loaded up IP, the building bug hit me and I had to build! :D

I've been keepin' an eye on your thread too. Really love the houseboat that you're working on! :mrgreen:

• Options
    KosmopolitKosmopolit Posts: 602 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looks great - greetings Kosmo
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2013
    What a stunner! :D You should be proud of yourself Ari! Love Serenity Sanctuary! Lovely architecture and those skylights make the build stand out. Loving the spa area, the hot tub area, the bathroom, the coffe shop and the martial art area. Well done Ari! Left you a very well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Kosmopolit wrote:
    Looks great - greetings Kosmo

Thank you so very much, Kosmo! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    What a stunner! :D You should be proud of yourself Ari! Love Serenity Sanctuary! Lovely architecture and those skylights make the build stand out. Loving the spa area, the hot tub area, the bathroom, the coffe shop and the martial art area. Well done Ari! Left you a very well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aww, yanti! You're making my blush with your lovely comments :oops:
    Thank you so much! It makes me so very happy when others like and give me feedback on my builds. You're a sweetheart! THANK YOU! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited July 2013
    Serenity Sanctuary looks great - I like how you used the new roof-pieces too, and also the nice colours. :)

re-checked, but I remembered well - I've already recommended it on the exchange

One thing I don't understand - why that shower is a premium content, and why it's in the store at all, it would have to be in the base game for everybody to be able to build a custom shower-cabin, as they did it in sims2...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    imoger wrote:
    Serenity Sanctuary looks great - I like how you used the new roof-pieces too, and also the nice colours. :)

re-checked, but I remembered well - I've already recommended it on the exchange

One thing I don't understand - why that shower is a premium content, and why it's in the store at all, it would have to be in the base game for everybody to be able to build a custom shower-cabin, as they did it in sims2...

Hello imoger! *waves wildly* I'm so pleased that you like Serenity Sanctuary. Thank you for wRECking it! I appreciate it!

I'm not sure about the showers, but I do scratch my head sometimes when it comes to EA content. I think the shower from Sunlit Tides functions the same way. Things that make you go hmmm.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Hello darlin'! Thank you so very much - it is nice to see you here! Uber happy that you're diggin' Serenity Sanctuary. For some reason as soon as I loaded up IP, the building bug hit me and I had to build! :D

I've been keepin' an eye on your thread too. Really love the houseboat that you're working on! :mrgreen:

Lol, I'm not surprised though, when does the building bug doesn't bite when there's a new EP out? Think we all suffer from that here in the cc forum. :mrgreen: It turned out great, even more amazing you were able to finish it that quickly! :thumbup:

Hehe, thanks, it's finished now, yay! :D