Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    HydrasisHydrasis Posts: 216 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yeeeeaaah I got a new problem. ' x ' ; Seems the dive lot markers aren't showing up at all. Any idea as to what's doing that? My sim has maxed out diving now so they should have shown up by now right? ; w ;
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    The sims 3 launcher launch times to install stuff is beyond a joke, sometimes it hangs that you cannot install stuff. Im wondering is EA ever going to sort their game out whatsoever or are we expected to use mods for their screw ups, im annoyed yes.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2013

Bug: Sim is walking to the car to go to work and falls through the landscape on the left side of the driveway (left side if his back is facing the house) just about middle way between house and the road where the work car pulls up and waits for the sim.

The sim then did a couple of circles (completely underground as if trying to find a path to get out) and finally crawled out of the ground and continued on to the work car waiting for him and went to work.

Conditions: At the time that my sim got sucked into the ground there were no mods (I normally only use custom content anyway, not "mods") or custom content installed, I had custom content installed prior to the incident as well as "overwatch" prior to the incident, and have re-inserted all my custom content as well as overwatch again now that I'm feeling confident the problems I've experienced have happened both with and without custom content or overwatch installed.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    NO

2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    Island Paradise

3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The one that is required to install Island Paradise, 1.55.4

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New game

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    All my Sims are new after installing IP

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA.MAXIS's Island Paradise

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 8

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Downloaded from Origin

9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    I have no idea what you are talking about with this question.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey Crinrict, (again) lol. This time I'm posting on my behalf.

Let me start with your basic questions first:
    1. I have CC and Mods (MC, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Decensor)
    2. I have IP and the patch
    3. Patch 1.55 (I think that's the new one)
    4. I used an unused existing game, (if that makes sense)
    5. I transferred sim from Bridgeport to Isla Paradiso
    6. Isla Paradiso
    7. Win 7
    8. Downloaded Version
    9. Home-World

Okay now for the issues:
    1. I think this error might be caused from Twallan's MC, but when owning a resort, I cannot make custom uniforms (I can click the option, but nothing happens)
    2. Sims can't eat Kelp, only gift to other sims.
    3. Visitors never leave, even when asking them to. I reset them and deleted them from my house boat, and then they still reappear
    4. (Might not be a glitch, maybe just bad luck) But no sign of Mermaids in any Dive-lot
    5. Just reloaded my current family and not only are they not being shown, but my houseboat is gone. I have no clue what just happened.

Possible Glitch
    I also noticed when I moved my sim from Bridgeport to IP, I moved her to a houseboat port, and before I created the houseboat I moved her onto the port itself and the house boat disappeared and she reset into the ocean near an uncharted island. I don't know why that happened, but I just purchased a new port and then created the houseboat while she was on it and everything was fine after. It was pretty weird, lol but I learned my lesson.

I think that might be it though. I know Twallan said MC needs another update now that the EP is out, so the first issue might be fixed after that. And issues 2 and 4 might be connected.

Also, does anyone know how to waterskii? I have no clue where you find that option.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited June 2013
    game been laging since installing ip on the new world. haven't tried other worlds yet

1. What EPs do you own: all of them

2. - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ? windwos 8 with 16 gig of ram,nivida gtx 550 and core i5 processor.

3. - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?: 64 bit

4. - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ? pinball machine,sana, all the magic item's, dragons,massage table, outdoor shower, fidel,archer's,pizza oven, lemade stand/ food stall, ice cream maker, deep fryer, all the poker items, baby item's, hot air ballon, gradening station, plants vs zombie sunflower,wind chime, massage chair, supper sleeper, both bakset ball items chicken coop.
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't have questions or need help but just wanted to note things I've seen that are still not fixed or are new.

The bills didn't go away, those bills in your inventory that were supposed to go away are still there. This is on my legacy family so it might be different than other families because it always has weird stuff happening.

The blur for being nude is really dark now.

I get a "soaked" moodlet while swimming in the rain. That just makes no sense at all.

Can't find red ambush bugs in China, searched three days and nothing.

When one Sim is scuba diving it's hard to control another Sim on the surface. I can't put the walls down on the houseboat and can't interact with that Sim. This may not be a bug but it's dumb if it's not.

There is still quite a bit of stutter in the game when traveling over water and going fast on land.

That's what I've noticed so far.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a funny glitch with epic buffet. Apperently it's so epic that once Sim starts eating they can't stop o.o lol seriously I saw a guy sim eat 5 times in a row.

Another glitch is that people leave their sailboats in ocean and never pick them up. I had to delete 2 this way.

I also noticed at first hours of gameplay my sim cellphone wouldn't work, but then it fixed itself somehow.

My mermaids become strong from swimming! I don't want that, they get all bulky and manly and I'd like to keep them feminine. :O

Other than that the game works great and I love it!
  • Options
    abeautifulletdownabeautifulletdown Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Overwatch & Master Controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes.
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Both.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Made a new sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla Paradiso
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Hi, crinrict. Hope you're doing well. Pretty sure what I'm experiencing is a bug, but maybe it's not. My sim's lifetime wish is to earn 40k simoleons from selling collectibles he's found from scuba diving. My sim has gathered cut gems, metal ingots, fish, raw gems, and many other goodies underwater. I've had him sell all the items and the progress bar stays at 0/40,000 simoleons. The only thing that makes the total go up is when he sells fish.

Just thought I'd confirm it's definitely not a mod issue. I tested mine without mods, and on a friend's completely vanilla game and the issue still persists. Thanks for adding the issue.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2013
    Fresh install. First time playing. All kinds of "Unroutable Sim [Name]" errors popped up when I first hit Live mode, and every boat in the game spontaneously deleted itself. I even got a pop-up that said "21 boats deleted". Went to check out a different family to see what houseboats were all about, and both were ghosts. They weren't ghosts in their lot info page. Didn't get the chance to play very long to discover any other problems.

ETA: My bad. I've had NRAAS Overwatch in my game for months, and it's never worked. It must have finally worked, and those were notifications from the program. However, that being said, there are obviously a lot of problems with Sims getting stuck. I noticed my own Sim somehow managed to swim under his own houseboat, and was sticking up through the "floor", plus boats get left all over the ocean.
  • Options
    christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2013
    HeidiGrrrl wrote:
    Fresh install. First time playing. All kinds of "Unroutable Sim [Name]" errors popped up when I first hit Live mode, and every boat in the game spontaneously deleted itself. I even got a pop-up that said "21 boats deleted". Went to check out a different family to see what houseboats were all about, and both were ghosts. They weren't ghosts in their lot info page. Didn't get the chance to play very long to discover any other problems.

Seems you are using Twallan mod's:
    -> "Unroutable Sim [Name]" errors = OVERWATCH
    -> "21 boats deleted" = OVERWATCH
    -> "every boat in the game spontaneously deleted itself" -> ERRORTRAP

Please try to update that mods or remove them till twallan update them to be Island Paradise compatible, because they are 1.55 patch compatible but not expansion compatible.

Test if every mod you have is compatible with Island Paradise > updated (if there is a new version) or remove it (if hasn't been updated yet)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    TO DELETE - Duplicated
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@christian_39: Sorry. That wants me to download those video which I'm not going to do. Either upload to youtube or the exchange and make a story out of it. Also remove all mods and see if you have the same issue.

Here you have. 4 lovely videos to show the glitches (3 in total), really easy to reproduce.
    Glitches:
    - Camera trapped between floors: move camera near to a corner or even a wall in a basement of a house boat (didn't tried on a normal basement).
    - Camera moving from one floor to the next (up) when reach the limits of the lot. (see the second video). Same happens while scuba diving (you approach to the limits of the lot and then camera moves automatically to the surface).
    - Furniture hidden automatically (house boats and normal houses), even with hide furniture disabled from settings. (you can see that on the second video: sim sleeping on the air, no furniture at all).

Video 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Xe4V6974g

Video 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AEqlSwgTCY

Video 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3gpwdPq7rQ

Video 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_HI27dfWY0

PS. First time I uploaded the videos to mega (you can see there are the raw .avi's the game generate) because didn't want to upload this to my YT channel :P
    Tested with and without mods/cc/store content. Is not a glitch caused by a mod, is a camera glitch. I have 4 years of experience with the bugs of this game (and have a little experience with 3D games development) and believe me I know what I am talking about ;)

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No mods in and only store content. Mod folder was pulled prior to IP installation.

Patch and IP

New Game

Pre-Made - The Prince hh houseboat

EA, Isla Paradiso

Win 7, 64-bit

DVD

Home World of Isla Paradiso

I believe there are routing issues when a sim is told to go somewhere when the command is given inside the houseboat. The following 2 pics illustrate my point:
    Told Sim to take gardening class while inside his houseboat. Taxi boat implanted between dock and houseboat and could go nowhere. I had to take sim to the beach and again instruct to take class.
    2n0prmx.jpg

Again, sim within houseboat and I tried to send him to the pub lot. He walked out the front door, changed into a swimsuit and swam through the dock and was continuing to swim on land. I used reset sim and he reset to an island in the middle of the ocean. After taking a taxi boat to the shore near his houseboat, I again queued to go to the pub after canceling the go home to ensure correct routing.
    IPsimswimthrudock_zps96e29cf6.jpg
  • Options
    ChrisOldfieldChrisOldfield Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim can invest in the business rabbit hole, and others, for a mere $200, and buy it out for $1000. If they do invest in the rabbit hole they get $50 a week.

I am not certain this is a bug, but I am fairly certain it is because those numbers are ridiculously low.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No mods just store content.
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? IP
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?Existing Sims from bin
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? IP
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Window 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DvD
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?Home world
    Any time I try to have my sims check in at any of the resorts the front desk clerk is doing interactions from the kissing booth, when my sim goes up to check in the game freezes the sound is still playing but the time is frozen :( So I can't check into any resort :x Please help :cry:
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2013
    I believe I have found a routing error. I'm playing two Sims that live next to each other on separate houseboats, Akoni and Gabrielle. When I'm playing one of them and click on the neighbor's houseboat to "Go Here," this happens: the active Sim goes to the beach end of her own pier, then changes into a bathing suit and wades in the water for a while, then gets out and changes back in to regular clothes, and gets on the neighbor's pier and walks up to the houseboat. It makes no sense and takes FOREVER. The Sim should just walk over, it seems.

Also, Twallan's Overwatch mod is catching a TON of stuck Sims, way more than usual.

Thank you!

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    Yes, updated mods from Twallan such as Master Controller, Woohooer, Overwatch, and others, plus lots of cc.

Island Paradise

The one that is required to install Island Paradise, 1.55.4

New game

All my Sims are new after installing IP

EA's Island Paradise

Windows 7

DVD bought at retail

Home World
  • Options
    missmaggiemaymissmaggiemay Posts: 15
    edited June 2013
    I got the game and I went and got mermaid kelp from the lifetime wishes thing and now it's making me move a family but I can't exit out and there isn't any lot that I can put them in. What do I do?

I have not had the problem with the mermaid but twice I have been in the middle of playing and some random family pops up to move. They don't have any money so I can't just stick them on a lot and I can't exit out either. I have had to force quit both times.
  • Options
    SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited June 2013
    Huge Bug related to firefighter career with resorts. Sims are unable to deal with a disaster unless they have "checked in" to the resort, however the sims supposedly running the front desk are unavailable because they are having a fit over the fact there is a disaster on the resort... this needs to be fixed!
  • Options
    Daughter_of_EveDaughter_of_Eve Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to re-iterate that I am having the crashing/freezing issue when trying to check into a resort. I know it is a known issue atm, but I wasn't about to look through 25 pages of answers to see if there was a fix yet. I tried searching and nothing pulled up. :( It sucks since that's a BIG piece of this expansion.... Can't use the resorts in the expansion about resorts... hmmmm... sucks!

Edit: Oh, and off-topic, but I cannot find the carnival Headdresses to match the costumes. I know where the costumes are, but it seems that my sim is only half "carnival" without the hair! :( Anyone know where it is?
  • Options
    Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim can invest in the business rabbit hole, and others, for a mere $200, and buy it out for $1000. If they do invest in the rabbit hole they get $50 a week.

I am not certain this is a bug, but I am fairly certain it is because those numbers are ridiculously low.

there is 2 lots in MV that are like that also
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2013
    SCUBA DIVING FROM HOUSEBOATS

I have a bug whenever my Sims go scuba diving. They're on a houseboat that has a basement. When I click on the water to make them scuba dive, they immediately get into a taxi boat ... and then just sit there forever. They never get into the water unless I click "scuba dive" AGAIN a second time once they're in the taxi. This doesn't seem right. There's no reason they should be getting in the taxi in the first place, since the water is RIGHT THERE underneath them, where I clicked.

EDIT: I discovered this bug only happens when they're on the houseboat and I click the water to make them scuba dive. If they are already swimming in the water, there isn't any problem.

I have no major mods (no Twallan anything, or any other major mod) ... never had them and never will). I do have some custom clothing and hair. Before I began playing IP I took out the few minor mods I had (a lifetime rewards mod and a faster skills mod) because I knew they'd be incompatible. I did delete my caches before I began to play.
    Oh, and yes, I did remove all my mods before I installed the expansion.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? See above
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Nope. Never had them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? I took them out
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Island Paradise
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? an existing one
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? transferred them over
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla Paradiso
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
  • Options
    KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am also reporting the loss of Relationships in Isla Paridso.

I loaded the game first without any Mods(twallans in particular, and with minimal CC clothes/hair and EA store content) I first noticed the Alto family tree issue 9 Ashley is not shown as related to Lopita alto, as well as many other family relations, alot of the families with kids, have the kids being related to one parent, while the parents are married. i then relaunched the game with updated mods, and a fresh load of Isla Paridiso, and again, Family relations were broken..i used MC to scan all family trees and found that all children were related to one parent only, and not having any relation what so ever to their mother/father.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • Options
    genealogygirlgenealogygirl Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Since installing Island Paradise and content packages I am unable to right click (or click both mouse buttons) to change orientation of the house or anything else. Right clicking or double clicking just moves side to side or up and down. Very frustrated. :-( I am still unable to log in in the game itself to use simport or buy anything within the game. I've had this same problem for over a year, spoke with people who promised they would get it taken care of and still nothing. Last person figured out there was a problem because I installed Sims 3 base from a double set of Sims 3/Pets and it corrupted the Sims 3 code. I haven't been too impressed with customer support.
  • Options
    SS77SS77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2013
    I didn't see this in the list...

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The top part of all of the houseboats in the town are now hovering somewhere in the middle of the ocean upon re-opening my saved (vanilla) game. Tried moving the houseboat, moving my sim out, and going into Build/Buy mode, but nothing has worked. ACK!!

ETA:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch? Island Paradise
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.55.4.022001
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? New
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Isla Paradiso
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Window 7 on a partitioned Mac
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home world
  • Options
    goddessrugoddessru Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2013
    BlueShreve wrote:
    Hi, I upgraded to patch 1.55. My sim bought an additional home lot, when I place an outdoor grill on the lot it is not usable. I tried placing different grills on the pier and on the ground, still nothing worked. When I scroll my mouse over the grill it says no interactions available. Grills work fine on original home lot and on community lots. As for the specifics. I use windows 8. I use Twallan's MC, SP, OW. all of them are updated to patch 1.55, the problem is the same with and without the mods installed. I have no other mods. I tried this in Sunlit Tides and Moonlight falls, both games were saved games, even created a new game in Sunset valley. Still the same thing.

Is this a glitch or regular game play?

I want to add to this that you can't serve meals on the second home at all. You can only eat leftovers and have a quick meal, but cannot serve a meal (no option). In addition, this is an issue whether the lot is a houseboat or a regular residential lot- as long as it's the second home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top