Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love all the supernatural's But do miss the witches from TS2 where they could be good or evil. The witches are fun to play with. I think that would be the only thing I would want changed on the witches from TS3 is that they bring back the good, neutral and bad from TS2
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like ts1 style witchcraft to return, where they had actual charms they could make, cooler magic duels (with a stage! :-o), children could do magic, and no annoying alignments that limit what spells you can to and changes your skin color :?

Time for a picture spam! :mrgreen:
    sims-makin-magic-2.jpg
    53580-the-sims-makin-magic-windows-screenshot-you-can-compete-in.jpg
    screenshot_sims_makin_magic_the_14.jpg
    screen003.jpg
    000645s07.jpg
    670px-The_sims_makin_magic_wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like ts1 style witchcraft to return, where they had actual charms they could make, cooler magic duels (with a stage! :-o), children could do magic, and no annoying alignments that limit what spells you can to and changes your skin color :?

Time for a picture spam! :mrgreen:
    sims-makin-magic-2.jpg
    53580-the-sims-makin-magic-windows-screenshot-you-can-compete-in.jpg
    screenshot_sims_makin_magic_the_14.jpg
    screen003.jpg
    000645s07.jpg
    670px-The_sims_makin_magic_wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg

Wow, some of the clothing and items in these look better than what we have now! I WANT those bone chairs! LOL And the sun tapestry and that white dress!
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh, how I miss Makin' Magic!!! That was what got me so addicted to theSims in the first place. I loved it so much! :XD:

I've kind of stayed out of this discussion, because I stopped playing TS3 a long time ago. I only had the first two EPs, so I've never played the TS3 witches. Those TS1 pics drew me in, though. :D

The kind of witch I like to play is more of a wise woman, so I would like lots of magical herbs to grow and charms to make. I like the traditional cauldron, spell book, and broom, but no green faces or warts, please (unless they are totally optional)!

I'd also love to have a raven as a familiar or even just a pet for my witches. 8)

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh, how I miss Makin' Magic!!! That was what got me so addicted to theSims in the first place. I loved it so much! :XD:

I've kind of stayed out of this discussion, because I stopped playing TS3 a long time ago. I only had the first two EPs, so I've never played the TS3 witches. Those TS1 pics drew me in, though. :D

The kind of witch I like to play is more of a wise woman, so I would like lots of magical herbs to grow and charms to make. I like the traditional cauldron, spell book, and broom, but no green faces or warts, please (unless they are totally optional)!

I'd also love to have a raven as a familiar or even just a pet for my witches. 8)

Oh I LOVE the idea of a witches garden! I mean, you can KIND OF have that now with Supernatural and the alchemy plants but it would be incredibly cool if witches could use various plants (not JUST "special" ones for them)to make potions that ONLY witches could make. Great idea Darkraven! :)
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2013
    OMG back in sims 2 there were good witches and bad witches... We could have that again, and a school like hogwarts.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OMG back in sims 2 there were good witches and bad witches... We could have that again, and a school like hogwarts.

Yes please! Choosing the evil or good traits should definitely have a huge impact on witches and unlock very different abilities between them. However I also hope you can choose NOT to have either the good or evil trait and still have a witch, a "neutral" witch if you will, which would have access to all sorts of spells with only a few of the "big" ones from the good and evil ones unavailable to them.

Oh and YES to a magic school! I would hope they could do it as a full blown aspect of a University type EP, where your Sim could go to Uni if human or, if a Supernatural, they could go to magic school!
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Oh I LOVE the idea of a witches garden! I mean, you can KIND OF have that now with Supernatural and the alchemy plants but it would be incredibly cool if witches could use various plants (not JUST "special" ones for them)to make potions that ONLY witches could make. Great idea Darkraven! :)

Thanks! A witch's garden is definitely something I want. I'd also love to have plants that are both decorative and useful for spells/charms. For example, maybe there could be a rosebush and your witch could pick a rose to use in a love spell or maybe your witch could gather herbs that grew wild in the woods to use for various potions.

Also, I do hope Sims can grow and carve pumpkins again in TS4. Maybe witches could enchant jack-o-lanterns to make them do something special. :D

Lighting candles to use in spells would also be fun.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree that we need covens in the TS4 for witches. I would love if sims could work with their coven to make a spell more powerful or possibly affect more people. Also it would be cool if regular sims could search out a witch and pay for the witch to cast a spell for them. There could be several methods to pay for such spells, such as giving one's soul away for a certain amount of time and becoming a ghost, paying with money, or bartering something like a plant or collectable in exchange for a service.

I do like how the moon affects how potent a spell may be. But I think EA could go more in depth with it next time. Make certain spells like love spells, more potent on nights with a full moon and money spells more successful on nights with a new moon. Also we need legitimate familiars. And a spell that a high witch could use with her coven to turn a familiar into a sim. Now that would be cool. A spell to bewitch a sim temporarily and turn them into your sim's maid/butler would be cool as well. So overall, I guess I'd like more useful spells.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I agree that we need covens in the TS4 for witches. I would love if sims could work with their coven to make a spell more powerful or possibly affect more people. Also it would be cool if regular sims could search out a witch and pay for the witch to cast a spell for them. There could be several methods to pay for such spells, such as giving one's soul away for a certain amount of time and becoming a ghost, paying with money, or bartering something like a plant or collectable in exchange for a service.

I do like how the moon affects how potent a spell may be. But I think EA could go more in depth with it next time. Make certain spells like love spells, more potent on nights with a full moon and money spells more successful on nights with a new moon. Also we need legitimate familiars. And a spell that a high witch could use with her coven to turn a familiar into a sim. Now that would be cool. A spell to bewitch a sim temporarily and turn them into your sim's maid/butler would be cool as well. So overall, I guess I'd like more useful spells.

ALL of this! ^^ LOL :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MickaelPMickaelP Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Occults in the Sims 4 - WITCHES

First of all I'd like to say that spells to clean the house or cook are pointless since we've got maids .
    I'd love to see ****** witches like in American Horror Story Coven where witches are actually powerful . I also would love it if witches could actually kill other sims with their powers and not just play pointless pranks on them .

1 - POWERS

In the Sims 1 you could find crystals all over your garden that gave you special abilities like levitation , etc … Instead of spells why not bring back actual powers ?
    It would be cool if witches in the Sims 4 could develop their powers depending on their personalities and emotions . They would unlock more powers as they level up and practice witchcraft . Most witches developing up to 4 abilities so that all of them are different from one another . Also there could some sort of challenge or life time reward for one of them to have all the powers and become Queen . Each power would count as a skill having many stages and you'd have to level up as much as possible to master it .
    PS . Not a fan of wands would prefer them just using their hands for casting magic .

examples :

TELEKINESIS ( to make furniture levitate or break , also to blast other Sims )
    PYROKINESIS ( to kill other Sims or just to give them a good scare )
    INVISIBILITY ( allowing you to steal from other Sims without them knowing )
    MIND CONTROL
    PROTECTIVE SHIELD ( to lock rooms in your house and keep away unwanted Sims / protect your Sims from magic / protect specific objects from being stolen etc … )
    RAIN CLOUD ( from the Sims 1 to put out fires , could also have a feature to conjure a mini thunder storm to electrocute a Sim )
    ICE BREATH ( freeze a Sim )
    TELEPATHY ( to talk to Sims , animals and plants )
    RESURRECTION
    METAMORPHOSIS ( to turn into another Sim or an animal , a black panther for example )
    LEVITATION ( replacing walking when wanted )
    INSTANT TELEPORTATION
    ENCHANTING ( making objects come alive like in the Sims 1 )
    ASTRAL PROJECTION ( allowing you turn into a ghost when your physical body is asleep to accomplish more tasks without wasting any energy )
    AURA MANIPULATION ( Control other Sims emotions )

2 - ALCHEMY

Alchemy was one of my favorite features in the Sims 3 Supernatural . I'd like to see the following elixirs in the Sims 4 : Love elixir , Immortality elixir , Power Suppressing elixir , Skill draining elixir ( to steal skills from other Sims ) , Hysteria elixir ( to make a Sim lose his mind for a day ) , Weight Loss elixir , Aging elixir , Friendship elixir , Midas Touch , Healing elixir ( if sicknesses are featured in the Sims 4 ) , Memory Erasing elixir ( to erase all bad memories of a Sim ) .

3 - CHILDREN WITCHES

In the Sims 1 children could cast spells , it wasn't the case in the Sims 3 which was very disappointing … It would be great if they made a come back in the Sims 4 . I would love to see them being able to unlock a power or two depending on their personalities and start leveling up from an early age . It would also be cool if they had a mini Alchemy cauldron with special elixirs for kids .

4 - FORMING A COVEN

It would be amazing if witches could form a Coven . Each Coven having it's own Queen depending on who has the most powers and magic skills . The Coven could cast more powerful spells that could only be unlocked as a group , spells for Weather Control ( but also spells in the style of the Bewitching Rain as seen in the Sims 3 to drive to whole town mad for a day ) , spells to awaken all of the dead Sims in the town for a night to go and torment regular sims , spells to change all the Sims in your town into animals , etc … A minimum of 3 witches would be needed to form a Coven .

5 - SPECIAL WITCH SKILLS

I would like to see some more special skills that could only be learnt by witches .

Tarot Reading for example , the Tarot Cards being an actual object you could buy in the store and level up your skills as you practice . This being a divination skill you could also use a Crystal Ball or a Scrying Mirror for the same skill .
    Ouija Board , to contact dead family members , etc …
    Flying Brooms would make a great comeback if they didn't have to fly over roads , especially so close to the ground , it would be great if they could fly higher in the sky . There could be a special death by flight if your Sim felt .

6 - WITCH HUNTERS

Another idea would be to bring witch hunters for the Sims 4 , that way witches would have something to fight with other than brain dead zombies . They could be your neighbor , or your friend and you'd always have to watch your back . Witch hunters would be able to kill your witch Sim or abduct him/her therefore developing your defensive powers would be a priority . Witch hunters could also branch out into becoming hunters for all supernatural beings allowing them to kill vampires , etc …

7 - FAMILIARS

A lot of people have been asking for Familiars to appear in the Sims 4 . In the Sims 3 having a cat or a small pet could boost your magical power , why not make it more interesting ? Birds , cats , snakes , monkeys , tigers would be awesome . They could appear in the form of ghosts , able to appear and disappear at will . They could help the witch Sims to find ingredients , help them learn skills faster , boost their magic and also protect the home .
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I think something like makin magic or the alchemy would be cool as a witches only thing
    getting a cauldron and collecting ingredients to use spells
    It would be great if you only had to collect the ingredients once and then witches would be able to re use spells my using the potion on their wand or something
    it would be cute if there was a baby's first cauldron kind of thing where putting certain toys from the toy box could make it glow different colours or make animal noises for them or sims a lullaby for them
    witches should be able to do all kinds of magic that regular sims could only do with the help of expensive magical items and ingredients
    make them special and worth while
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love witches! And I hope EA will keep them in the Sims 4. It would be truly interesting to let children be able to use a wand - let them struggle in the beginning to learn how to use it correctly! All the suggestions of spells seems faboulous - and a coven to level up the powers, and also witch hunters... Wow! If EA passes out on this one I don't know what to say...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!

Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

That sounds cool.
    I did like TS2's magical paths of Good, Neutral, and Evil. It would have been awesome if three witches of same alignment or if 3 witches from each alignment could come together and perform special magic.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2014
    I like the idea of witches and they were cool in the sims 3 but idk they just need... more. I find it difficult to level up a witch's skill in this game because there just aren't many spells that I want to use on a day to day basis. I feel like I have to go out of my way to carve out some time in the day to practice magic. I'm not sure exactly what I want but it would be nice if there were more... useful and fun spells to cast so that I could sort of level up my skill naturally and not have to say oh darn let me take a couple of hours and have him/her sit and do this.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2014
    I like all the ideas. I also hope EA will bring back old features when witches can summon pets (like the baby dragons & spectral cat) in TS4. But, I want magic pets can have baby just like normal pets. If EA can make it happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MsMay wrote:
    I like all the ideas. I also hope EA will bring back old features when witches can summon pets (like the baby dragons & spectral cat) in TS4. But, I want magic pets can have baby just like normal pets. If EA can make it happen.

A "spectral cat" as a familiar would be pretty awesome. I REALLY hope they go all out and really do some things to make the familiars more special and separate from regular pets!
  • Options
    CelebrityWizardCelebrityWizard Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2014
    I loved how the witches were in sims 2 and 3. but since their going for a more sims 2 feel for the sims 4 i hope they do alot of spells like in the sims 2 as like they could bring back teleportation, i loved teleporting my witches. Also i do wish that they can make more opitunities for the brooms rather than just cars and stunt rides. And i really hope they make better animations because the sims medieval had epic and amazing effects. I also wish they bring back spells that affected the world like how in the sims 2 if your a good witch you could cast lights all over the lot, bad witches casted a thunderstorm and Neutral witches cast time freezing spell.

The big thing i wish for witches is tons more spells and more potions, i wish the potions were exclusive to the witch only and i do wish there would be more spells other than hunger, hygiene etc. spells because id like lots of variety.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    It would be cool to have some actual Wiccan practices , but I know that's way to much to ask.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MickaelP wrote:
    Occults in the Sims 4 - WITCHES

First of all I'd like to say that spells to clean the house or cook are pointless since we've got maids .
    I'd love to see ****** witches like in American Horror Story Coven where witches are actually powerful . I also would love it if witches could actually kill other sims with their powers and not just play pointless pranks on them .

1 - POWERS

In the Sims 1 you could find crystals all over your garden that gave you special abilities like levitation , etc … Instead of spells why not bring back actual powers ?
    It would be cool if witches in the Sims 4 could develop their powers depending on their personalities and emotions . They would unlock more powers as they level up and practice witchcraft . Most witches developing up to 4 abilities so that all of them are different from one another . Also there could some sort of challenge or life time reward for one of them to have all the powers and become Queen . Each power would count as a skill having many stages and you'd have to level up as much as possible to master it .
    PS . Not a fan of wands would prefer them just using their hands for casting magic .

examples :

TELEKINESIS ( to make furniture levitate or break , also to blast other Sims )
    PYROKINESIS ( to kill other Sims or just to give them a good scare )
    INVISIBILITY ( allowing you to steal from other Sims without them knowing )
    MIND CONTROL
    PROTECTIVE SHIELD ( to lock rooms in your house and keep away unwanted Sims / protect your Sims from magic / protect specific objects from being stolen etc … )
    RAIN CLOUD ( from the Sims 1 to put out fires , could also have a feature to conjure a mini thunder storm to electrocute a Sim )
    ICE BREATH ( freeze a Sim )
    TELEPATHY ( to talk to Sims , animals and plants )
    RESURRECTION
    METAMORPHOSIS ( to turn into another Sim or an animal , a black panther for example )
    LEVITATION ( replacing walking when wanted )
    INSTANT TELEPORTATION
    ENCHANTING ( making objects come alive like in the Sims 1 )
    ASTRAL PROJECTION ( allowing you turn into a ghost when your physical body is asleep to accomplish more tasks without wasting any energy )
    AURA MANIPULATION ( Control other Sims emotions )

2 - ALCHEMY

Alchemy was one of my favorite features in the Sims 3 Supernatural . I'd like to see the following elixirs in the Sims 4 : Love elixir , Immortality elixir , Power Suppressing elixir , Skill draining elixir ( to steal skills from other Sims ) , Hysteria elixir ( to make a Sim lose his mind for a day ) , Weight Loss elixir , Aging elixir , Friendship elixir , Midas Touch , Healing elixir ( if sicknesses are featured in the Sims 4 ) , Memory Erasing elixir ( to erase all bad memories of a Sim ) .

3 - CHILDREN WITCHES

In the Sims 1 children could cast spells , it wasn't the case in the Sims 3 which was very disappointing … It would be great if they made a come back in the Sims 4 . I would love to see them being able to unlock a power or two depending on their personalities and start leveling up from an early age . It would also be cool if they had a mini Alchemy cauldron with special elixirs for kids .

4 - FORMING A COVEN

It would be amazing if witches could form a Coven . Each Coven having it's own Queen depending on who has the most powers and magic skills . The Coven could cast more powerful spells that could only be unlocked as a group , spells for Weather Control ( but also spells in the style of the Bewitching Rain as seen in the Sims 3 to drive to whole town mad for a day ) , spells to awaken all of the dead Sims in the town for a night to go and torment regular sims , spells to change all the Sims in your town into animals , etc … A minimum of 3 witches would be needed to form a Coven .

5 - SPECIAL WITCH SKILLS

I would like to see some more special skills that could only be learnt by witches .

Tarot Reading for example , the Tarot Cards being an actual object you could buy in the store and level up your skills as you practice . This being a divination skill you could also use a Crystal Ball or a Scrying Mirror for the same skill .
    Ouija Board , to contact dead family members , etc …
    Flying Brooms would make a great comeback if they didn't have to fly over roads , especially so close to the ground , it would be great if they could fly higher in the sky . There could be a special death by flight if your Sim felt .

6 - WITCH HUNTERS

Another idea would be to bring witch hunters for the Sims 4 , that way witches would have something to fight with other than brain dead zombies . They could be your neighbor , or your friend and you'd always have to watch your back . Witch hunters would be able to kill your witch Sim or abduct him/her therefore developing your defensive powers would be a priority . Witch hunters could also branch out into becoming hunters for all supernatural beings allowing them to kill vampires , etc …

7 - FAMILIARS

A lot of people have been asking for Familiars to appear in the Sims 4 . In the Sims 3 having a cat or a small pet could boost your magical power , why not make it more interesting ? Birds , cats , snakes , monkeys , tigers would be awesome . They could appear in the form of ghosts , able to appear and disappear at will . They could help the witch Sims to find ingredients , help them learn skills faster , boost their magic and also protect the home .

this sound pretty good , but the correct term for the 'head witch'
    is High Priestess.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not into the supernatural thing so I hope that they aren't in the base game of 4. I really hated how in 2 whenever I had my sims out on a lot and then I was trying to get them home because their needs were spent all the sudden here comes a witch and it froze everything just because of the animation it took to show the witch riding her broom and it took forever for it finally to load. It really annoyed me cause I never played the witches but yet I had to deal with them when I went out to the lots and here was the stupid witch screwing up my game. Also when I went to a public lot and I had my sims on a date my game froze just before a witch came flying in and sometimes this messed my date up it really ticked me off. If they do put supernatural characters in the base game (I hope they don't I really do hate them) I hope they don't screw the game up like it did in 2.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

is High Priestess.

True. But I think Witch Queen or Witch King would be cute and perhaps even more Sim-like.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

is High Priestess.

True. But I think Witch Queen or Witch King would be cute and perhaps even more Sim-like.

that's true.
  • Options
    gabe0199gabe0199 Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would love for witches to have access to a lot more spells. The sims 3 witches were light on magic if I do say so myself. The sims 2 witches had access to a lot more spells around 30 if I remember right and they were not even the main focus of the expansion pack. I was really disappointed by the sims 3 witches since witches are my favorite occult.
  • Options
    gabe0199gabe0199 Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jenzup wrote:
    I'm not into the supernatural thing so I hope that they aren't in the base game of 4. I really hated how in 2 whenever I had my sims out on a lot and then I was trying to get them home because their needs were spent all the sudden here comes a witch and it froze everything just because of the animation it took to show the witch riding her broom and it took forever for it finally to load. It really annoyed me cause I never played the witches but yet I had to deal with them when I went out to the lots and here was the stupid witch screwing up my game. Also when I went to a public lot and I had my sims on a date my game froze just before a witch came flying in and sometimes this messed my date up it really ticked me off. If they do put supernatural characters in the base game (I hope they don't I really do hate them) I hope they don't screw the game up like it did in 2.

Mostly likely will not happen. It a tradition to introduce a supernatural creature in every sim expansion pack so I am sorry. I just wonder what will they include in the base game. They could go with ghost or aliens hard to tell.