Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Castle building contest. Closed. Winners posted. See post 5

Comments

• Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited June 2013
    Could it be the pattern I used?

I'll check it myself soon. But I don't have cc in game. I only have patterns from the exchange made from CAP tool.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited June 2013
    That's all of the entries to this point.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, it checked clear in my custard. I did find that file in my DCBackup folder though.

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Pallypoo this is what I get in custard

Noname_zpsa9987167.jpg

Could someone else with custard please check Pallpoos castle file and see what results they get please? Just in case mine is wonky
  • Options
    AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited June 2013
    gr1zzly: I noticed there are two items in the score plan that are quite similar to me, namelly playability and floor plan/routing but there is no item for the exterior. My suggestion would be to replace floor plan/routing with exterior if this is OK for You.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I agree with you Agnezewars, the exterior look of the castle has to be a major feature of the upload. What do you think Gr1zzly?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Pallypoo, when you checked the file in custard, did you redownload from the exchange? Ive heard that files can get attached on upload, so if you are just checking your in game file you may not pick up the issue. I would suggest you download the file to a folder on your desktop then check that in custard.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2013
    Gr1zz, I'm going to agree with the other judges on the duplicate category issue and go with exterior.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I downloaded the file as you said, saving it to desktop, and it showed up the same as what you showed in the picture.

I am pretty sure that file is the pattern I used. I uninstalled the pattern, Then removed the file and then reinstalled the pattern and the file showed up again.

I also downloaded a dress recolored with a CAP pattern and it showed up the same way, as the pattern being a corrupt file.

I am assuming I am the only one that used CAP patterns?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Which one do we go for, 1 has 5 points one has 10. I would suggest exterior is 1-5 points (replaces playability) and playability/routing is 1-10 (replaces routing)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Pallypoo wrote:
    I downloaded the file as you said, saving it to desktop, and it showed up the same as what you showed in the picture.

I am pretty sure that file is the pattern I used. I uninstalled the pattern, Then removed the file and then reinstalled the pattern and the file showed up again.

I also downloaded a dress recolored with a CAP pattern and it showed up the same way, as the pattern being a corrupt file.

Edit, I managed to get it finally! Checked in custard and it is the same file that showing as a corrupt package in custard, but as CAP its just the .png that's corrupt, so it looks ok. Sorry about the mishap, that's the issue with using CAP I guess, but yours has checked out now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Pallypoo wrote:

Edit, I managed to get it finally! Checked in custard and it is the same file that showing as a corrupt package in custard, but as CAP its just the .png that's corrupt, so it looks ok. Sorry about the mishap, that's the issue with using CAP I guess, but yours has checked out now.

That makes me feel better. I was starting to feel like I was going to have to go throw up. I think I am going to go set on the sofa for a bit and watch TV.

• Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow! These are fantastic castles! Good job guys!
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2013
    Which one do we go for, 1 has 5 points one has 10. I would suggest exterior is 1-5 points (replaces playability) and playability/routing is 1-10 (replaces routing)

THIS /\
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2013
    Aw shame I found this contest way to late :(
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited June 2013
    This deadline snuck up on me so no entry from me. Best of luck everyone, so many stunning castles I do not envy the judges. Off to leave recommendations for those I have missed.
  • Options
    Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited June 2013
    I do not envy the judges, the castles have all been stunningly beautiful and very well put together, I have downloaded all of them and look forward to playing with them over the remaining time I play the sims 3

good job to all of you who submitted them and congratz to the winners
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the heads up on mypage. I'll add a description to my entry and make sure the entry form is up to date as well. I hadn't realized change had been made. I'm out at the moment and posting from my phone, but it will be done before the contest closes.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    MiszMayhemMiszMayhem Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully I'm not too late, had trouble uploading it and timezones confuse me :wink:

My first castle... I never realised how much effort went in to them. Recs to everyone on here, your castles are amazing!

Entry form:
    User name: MiszMayhem
    Name of lot: Belegost Stronghold
    Town where lot is built: Monte Vista
    Lot size: 64x64
    Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7379852
    Pics:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

All pics were taking during the test play, so most feature sims...

After losing their castle in the realm of Dragon Valley to a fierce battle, the Belegost people were driven to a distant shore, forced to establish a keep and gather their forces. Hoping to one day win back their castle and return to their former glory. Hints to their heritage remain, the few dragon scales they have left are lingering reminders to their beloved land and pasts long gone. Belegost stronghold has stable and kennel facilities, and can be completely self sufficient, with a chicken coop, beehive and vegetable garden. The 2 royal bedrooms are upstairs, with sleeping facilities for the barracks downstairs. No amenities are provided for the townsfolk, as they would usually reside outside of the castle wall.

CAP links:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7379852
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7362024
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7362989
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=155264
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5190624
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5459493

Thanks for the great competition :D
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've updated my entry post to include a description of the castle. Amazing to realize how long it's been since this contest was announced! Thank you so much for hosting such a great contest! I really enjoyed creating my submission.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi Miszmayhem, your file has not passed custard, it shows these 3 corrupt .package files. I checked back to the CAP links and it is not those files

belagost_zpsb12113ff.jpg

Can one of the other judges have a look in custard at this file as well please, just to confirm what I have found. Thanks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your castle is great @ MiszMayhem :) Great background details to the castle. The exterior of the castle suits Monte Vista world. It looks good the way you have done the throne room, with the raised platform which the throne is on, the pillars either side, and the red carpet in the front of it. A great entry!
  • Options
    MiszMayhemMiszMayhem Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Really? I suppose I'll have to download custard and have a look. I have no idea why...

I've never downloaded CC aside from CAP.

Any recommendations on what to do about it?
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Miszmayhem, your file has not passed custard, it shows these 3 corrupt .package files. I checked back to the CAP links and it is not those files

belagost_zpsb12113ff.jpg

Can one of the other judges have a look in custard at this file as well please, just to confirm what I have found. Thanks

most of those are png files -picture files so are not a problem. You will always get them like that if you download to the desktop and not the launcer. I will download the file and look at it properly to see what the other files are

check_zpsd98a9a5b.png

As you can see they are patterns - not cc the image files dissapear because it has been downlaods striaght into the launcher nt to desktop.

Also looking at the way your custard is displaying the lot I thinbk you ahve an old version of it - the latest version is the one with the numbers you see in my screenshot v1.1.4110
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited June 2013
    Agnezawars wrote:
    gr1zzly: I noticed there are two items in the score plan that are quite similar to me, namelly playability and floor plan/routing but there is no item for the exterior. My suggestion would be to replace floor plan/routing with exterior if this is OK for You.

Change scoring. Please see 2nd post.

Contest is closed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on