May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First thing you'll do once your in-game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    therplady1therplady1 Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2013
    I always make a new family, then build them a home, so I can check out all the new buy/build items. then I start playing with the new family. I send them all over the town to explore. check to see if collectibles are abundant. and then try all the new stuff.
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2013
    Turn the (hopefully) prepared heir into a mermaid with the LTRs, not sure if I'll make him/her permanent mermaid immediately, we'll see :D Then it's time to in peace and quiet browse through all the new content and open up the neighborhood until the weather stone is in a good location. After that it's tweaking/adding lots-time! ...and after that it's time to move the household to a houseboat, I think, or to snatch that big castle-ish castle and get a houseboat anyway as a "staycation" and swap to that one immediately. Next is diving, meeting/catching as many wild mermaids as possible, and then try again with finding the secret of the huge statue, if it's not just that cute little freezer bunny on one arm. After all the new achievements + collectibles are done/gotten I'll probably take another million of scenery pics and then head back to Dragon Valley... :)
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to be playing with two college students that are stranded on one of the little islands in Isla Paradiso.

They eventually fall in love and invest in the resort business.
  • Options
    ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited June 2013
    - turn my sim "Aquamarine" into a mermaid. she is already in my premade sims bin in game and saved as a household

-Move her into a starter home, then adjust her outfits in plan outfit and appearence modes in game, to more summer-ish clothing from this ep. (This process includes me looking though all the new cas features and hair.

- Go into live mode and then build buy, to check out the island paradise collection folder with all the new ep objects.

- Look around world at houses, and community lots, without going inside any.

- open a resort/build resort

- buy houseboat

- try all the new features (Jet sking, para-sailing, etc..)
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'll take the couple I'm playing in a world called Mesa Verde on a vacation using the traveler mod. They will most likely stay in the nice resort, which I'll update right away with a spa using the sunlit tide objects.

One of them will probably go out exploring the island, snorkeling, going to the beaches, etc and the other will stay at the hotel all day relaxing and lounging by the pool getting their tan on.

I probably will want them to spend most of the summer on the island, so i'll have them eventually go scuba diving together, go out on a modern community cruise ship I'll make with lots of drinks, partying, etc. Sort of like a booze cruise. :lol:
  • Options
    TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'll take the couple I'm playing in a world called Mesa Verde on a vacation using the traveler mod. They will most likely stay in the nice resort, which I'll update right away with a spa using the sunlit tide objects.

One of them will probably go out exploring the island, snorkeling, going to the beaches, etc and the other will stay at the hotel all day relaxing and lounging by the pool getting their tan on.

I probably will want them to spend most of the summer on the island, so i'll have them eventually go scuba diving together, go out on a modern community cruise ship I'll make with lots of drinks, partying, etc. Sort of like a booze cruise. :lol:
    BOOZE CRUISE! They should add that lol But call it a Juice Cruise. My Sims are gonna stay all summer too!
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited June 2013

BOOZE CRUISE! They should add that lol But call it a Juice Cruise. My Sims are gonna stay all summer too!

I know right? :lol:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    First I'm going to move my current Sunlit Tides family to Isla Paradiso; I was going to have them build and run a resort on Sunlit Tides but finding out they won't be able to scuba dive there scrubbed that idea. Then I'll have them own a resort, while their kids grow up to love the beach life; they have an alien son who's a toddler who I'll probably have as a lifeguard, and they're expecting a child who I might have be a beach bum like Dad was before he made all his money collecting, but will also be a diver/explorer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    skjelbakkenskjelbakken Posts: 321 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Play a premade mermaid so I can check out all 4 dive spots.

How do you play premade mermaids??
  • Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2013
    Same thing I do with every ep.

Find an empty lot & put one of everything from build/buy on it & check out how they recolour.

Then go into CAS to find out what the elders got to wear (if anything apart from the mermaid bikini top the elder females are bound to get & look shocking in)
    Then check out the toddlers, kids & teens finishing up with the YA/Adults.

Then I'll spend days wondering why they didn't convert some of the clothes to elder that came with it while I start the tedious task of adding in all the community lots from the other eps.

Sometime in July I might actually get to check out the game play.

At which point I'm definitely starting with BOATS!
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 2013
    Start a Mermaid to see everything you can do with them.

I also will probably build a few house boats for the exchange if they can be shared..
  • Options
    pyro32pyro32 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    build a boat house, put a mermaid sim on the life guard career :lol:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am doing a A-Z Generation and am on on Barkly who is getting married. I do not know what Generation I will be on at that time but who ever it is will be moving to IP.
    I am getting a new computer that week, I am getting the Alienware X51 with i7 processor and 8 or 16 ram. I love that little computer as I can move it anywhere I want. I hope that it plays IP well. can't wait for both.
    I am now playing on a Toshiba Qosmio gaming laptop and It play really well have no problems with it. But my desktop does not play the sims that is why I am getting a Alienware X51. I guess I will have to try and put everything over to the X51, Hope I know how to do that.
    Can't wait for Paridise Island.
    Do any of you have the Alienware X51 I would love to know how it plays the sims. Or if you have any problems with it.

Alienware X51
    Processor 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Intel® Core™ i7-4770 (8MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/ Turbo Boost Technology)
    MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English edit
    HARD DRIVE 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) edit
    VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 with 1.5GB GDDR5 edit
    KEYBOARD Alienware Multi-Media Keyboard edit
    MOUSE Alienware Standard Optical Mouse

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited June 2013
    Move to a beach lot..get a houseboat (I'll build one nat :mrgreen:) Then spend days exploring the Ep...so excited!
  • Options
    sage_blosssomsage_blosssom Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2013
    -play a premade mermaid, & save them to the bin
    -go in CAS & make a mermaid family from the mermaid in the bin, because i don't want to wait to play mermaids
    -build an awesome houseboat and enjoy! :wink:
    :)