Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Sexual Orientation Options in CAS *OVER 100 SIGNATURES*

Comments

• Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2013
    @ waterywatermelon

I apologise if my post offended you, I would agree that my post was in relation to western views of relationship structures ( although I can't say middle class or white as not everywhere has the same class/ race system as America!)
    My post there was based a lot on the view that the person I was responding to was suggesting that a sexless relationship and friendship are the same thing, which by my own opinion they are not.

I am also aware that couples abstain for reasons other than asexuality. I would not call their relationship asexual, as they are not necessarily asexual in orientation. I would still consider their relationship 'Traditional' (by the systems that I have grown up knowing)

I hop that clears up any confusion with regards to my post. Trying to rap the correct terminologies around what I am trying to explain can be a minefield! I' m not going to respond anymore, as I fear I may be derailing the thread!

Good luck with your petition!

I understand. Case solved. :D
  • Options
    WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Complete Support! Signed!
  • Options
    BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2013
    SIGN
  • Options
    lexilou23lexilou23 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed! I do miss things like the turn-ons and turn-offs.

On another viewpoint, though, do we really need the requirement of it being included in the CAS process? You already have the ability to make a Sim be with who you please.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lexilou23 wrote:
    Signed! I do miss things like the turn-ons and turn-offs.

On another viewpoint, though, do we really need the requirement of it being included in the CAS process? You already have the ability to make a Sim be with who you please.

That's a good point. Even in the Sims 2 game, Sims are allowed to change their turn-ons and turn-offs during Live mode.

I think it would be quite interesting to give pregnant mothers the ability to choose intentionally the gender and gender preference of the baby Sim. In the Sims 3, pregnant mothers can eat watermelons and may be promised a baby girl, or eat apples and may be promised a baby boy. If the pregnancy is successful, then the player is allowed to choose two traits for the newborn. It wouldn't be so difficult to add the "be attracted to males" or "be attracted to females" trait in the Sims 4, once a child Sim hits the teen years. That is sort of realistic, since sexual attraction normally don't show until adolescence. Maybe in the Sims 4, the child Sim may grow up poorly or well. If poorly, then the game may randomly pick a gender preference. If well, then the player is allowed to choose a gender preference for the teen Sim.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited May 2013
    SIGNED!
    I don't have any gay sims, so I'd be annoyed if I had a girl and went to play another family in the world, only to come back and see she's in a relationship with another girl >_< (Not being mean to those who are/have gay sims, in any way)
    You're too late.
  • Options
    jennyjen2010jennyjen2010 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited May 2013
    signed
  • Options
    misgavmisgav Posts: 249 New Member
    edited May 2013
    sign me up,it will be interesting finding my kid become gay.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have completely stopped playing the Sims 3 because the game forces homosexuality and I do not have a choice about it. I cannot justify buying Sims 4 if there is no guarantee that the game wont force things I did not choose to experience in my game. It's as simple as that.

We're supposed to be able to "Play with Life" so that should mean that I get to choose who my sim is attracted to by building up that relationship. I should not have homosexuality forced in my game.

I do not understand why they would say they'll not include religion in the game because "it's too controversial," while at the very same time they are forcing homosexuality into the game.

I am all for people being able to play exactly how they want to play. If that means they want a gay game, then they can have a gay game. But it should also mean that I can have a gay free game, because that's the kind of game I would pay money to play. I currently have absolutely no interest whatsoever in paying for or even downloading a free game that is a gay game.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    toni1997toni1997 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I sign :D
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I have completely stopped playing the Sims 3 because the game forces homosexuality and I do not have a choice about it. I cannot justify buying Sims 4 if there is no guarantee that the game wont force things I did not choose to experience in my game. It's as simple as that.

We're supposed to be able to "Play with Life" so that should mean that I get to choose who my sim is attracted to by building up that relationship. I should not have homosexuality forced in my game.

I do not understand why they would say they'll not include religion in the game because "it's too controversial," while at the very same time they are forcing homosexuality into the game.

I am all for people being able to play exactly how they want to play. If that means they want a gay game, then they can have a gay game. But it should also mean that I can have a gay free game, because that's the kind of game I would pay money to play. I currently have absolutely no interest whatsoever in paying for or even downloading a free game that is a gay game.

That's exactly why their should be an option to choose and there should be somewhere you can decide whether you want your whole town gay/straight. Everyone has the right to there beliefs and i can understand people not wanting homosexuality in their game and i can understand those who want it to. I think something that gives people the "choice" is definitely needed.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree! Sign me up! I think townies should be straight by default if married, and given random orientation if single.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:

Well, actually, in the Sims 3 Medieval, Sims do have a very Simlish religion. I suppose one may modify the game in a way to incorporate religion in the game. Though, if you ask me, the "religion" is more or less for hierarchical structure and occupation. Besides, in the Sims 3 games, you can build your own houses of worship.

As for homosexuality, I think you are referring to the fact that story progression allows Sims to be paired up without consent from the player. In that case, there is the option to turn story progression off. As far as I know, I am not aware of any pre-made family that is "gay" or of the same sex.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:

Wow if this is true then thank you EA. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's not something I want in my game. It's not about being pro-this or anti-that. It's about wanting to do what I want in my game. I don't want sims that are defined by their sexual orientation, race or religion. If I want my sim to be a lesbian this week and straight next week, I want to be able to control that as easily as I can now. I don't want to stop playing to go into some CAS like screen to redefine her. I don't want to have to play around with whatever townie I decide is going to be her mate so that they are the same sexual orientation.
  • Options
    Jaxx37Jaxx37 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I sign :D

I like the idea of being able to choose my Sims sexual orientation, though how would it work for Sims who were not created in CAS i.e. if my sims have a child would that child be assigned a random orientation or is that something that would be chosen once they became a teen - for example when we choose their next trait on their teen birthday would there also be a prompt for us to 'choose orientation' like in TS2 with the Turn ons and Turn offs?

I do enjoy the 'free spirit' of the game as it stands now but sometimes that feels a little too easy, for example for the sake of story telling it'd be good to have a lesbian sim falling for her straight best friend and then having her advances rejected etc. or a gay sim who managed to seduce the boy next door who is secretly bisexual and dating the most popular girl in school that'd certainly make for some interesting drama from my perspective...at the moment all of that story telling drama remains in my head rather than playing out like that in game...
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If I haven't already signed, you got my signature!(:
  • Options
    joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind the option, but I do have concern in terms of religious individuals who couldn't handle the fact EA addressed homosexuality and bisexual orientation flat out like that. I mean there are some religious freaks that would jump immediately at calling out EA for exposing young kids to the concept of homosexuality and bisexual orientaion.

But the argument came be made that it's just a game,

I'll sign this by the way

Comments on my thoughts?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited May 2013
    @joerosen like they already have? Even though its not 'flat out' currently
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I expected that.
    Oh hell, i'm fully backing this than if those religious freaks are already annoyed with EA wanting to be subtle
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can see the arguments of both sides. The one is why should it be forced? And that's true, it really shouldn't be. However, you could have this as an option. Like Story Progression on Sims 3, you can turn it off. Maybe you can turn Sexual Orientation Determinator off (or whatever they might want to call it). Or, if they don't have that, then having the "None" or "Free Spirit" option ticked in a multiple select like they have for Supernatural beings. Where you can choose not to have certain ones or whatever. That could make everyone happy, including strict Christians who can simply click them off of their game.

SIGNED
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can see the arguments of both sides. The one is why should it be forced? And that's true, it really shouldn't be. However, you could have this as an option. Like Story Progression on Sims 3, you can turn it off. Maybe you can turn Sexual Orientation Determinator off (or whatever they might want to call it). Or, if they don't have that, then having the "None" or "Free Spirit" option ticked in a multiple select like they have for Supernatural beings. Where you can choose not to have certain ones or whatever. That could make everyone happy, including strict Christians who can simply click them off of their game.

SIGNED

The problem with SP is if you turn it off the other Sims in town don't go on with their lives. And that is the whole point of SP to move out Sims, move in Sims and age Sims and supposedly (but it doesn't work properly) to have kids and or move out of mommy's basement.

The problem with a set preference is if you turn it off, players who still want freedom for their Sims to be with anyone will be forced not to have that option (like it is now or better yet how it was in TS2 and TS1) and players who want SP to continue but want one or the other in their games, will not have a choice either.
    The problem is Story Progression. This won't stop SP from moving out a couple and or placing them with a another Sim when the player is busy with another family.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    hysellsgirl07hysellsgirl07 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2013
    hysellsgirl07

signed.
  • Options
    eevakorheevakorh Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed and signed!
    You'll find me as faiyaan in gallery and Origin
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed.

Though!! I WOULD like for there to be some way to change sexual preference at any point in a sims life. Such as a LTR or editing cheat. Just for the gamer's convenience.
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png