Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BETTER Military Career. Please Sign and give Opinions!! 40signed

Comments

• Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't express how much this means to me! I honestly didn't know how many people were affiliated in some way with the service!!

Thank you!

~L

Also, petition is updated!
  • Options
    destini_edmonddestini_edmond Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I love the ideas that you have , but as far as "proper" looking uniforms I think that'd be a little hard to do for the Sims 4. If this were a game that was strictly played in just America I could understand doing that , but you have to remember that it's a game played all over the world. Different countries have different uniforms. Oh and the same with military funerals.

On a totally unrelated note. I'm going into the Army after high school , so I totally agree with having a recruitment period and basic training. I honestly believe that the Military Career should be a little different than the other base game careers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I love the ideas that you have , but as far as "proper" looking uniforms I think that'd be a little hard to do for the Sims 4. If this were a game that was strictly played in just America I could understand doing that , but you have to remember that it's a game played all over the world. Different countries have different uniforms. Oh and the same with military funerals.

On a totally unrelated note. I'm going into the Army after high school , so I totally agree with having a recruitment period and basic training. I honestly believe that the Military Career should be a little different than the other base game careers.

The uniforms they have now have no justice in what uniforms look like.

Even if they just had something more... realistic...

I have family and my honey is in the army, and from the responses I am getting, a lot of people have affiliations with the Military.

I'm in the US, I don't know military customs from around the world, I know army... and thats about it.
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed!
  • Options
    JeelaniJeelani Posts: 101
    edited May 2013
    Signed!
  • Options
    BoggygirlBoggygirl Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2013
    /signed

I understand they can't get too specific in the uniforms so it "translates well" across different countries, but I'd love to see a camo-type option and then the dress option for formal attire, ie at their own wedding. I also love the little salute option that the game has now, so maybe a special hooah type greeting for the other people in the military when they see each other around town. :) I know when I wear my husband's fort ___ shirt around town, people comment and acknowlege it with either a "go army" or "beat navy" type comment or some other friendly greeting like that.

Love the idea of basic training and deployment. I think one option for the single parent who is deployed is for the game to acknowlege family trees. If the actual grandparents or adult siblings are in-game, the kids could live with them or have them come live in your house to look after the kids. If there are no real relatives in game, an "aunt" or great-great cousin matilda could arrive via taxi. She would come to live with the kids while mom or dad is deployed. She'd be like an NPC, but more than a nanny.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel as it is, it's good enough, maybe back to the names of TS2 career levels though. From the wiki:

The military of SimNation appears to be an all-volunteer force. It is open to both male and female Sims; both are able to join the Military career track. In The Sims 2, teens and elders can also take up part-time roles. Unlike most modern military systems, there seem to be no enlistment terms, with discharges being granted effectively upon request.

That's perfectly fine for me. I know some people want it to be realistic, but the truths of war are not fun, especially for children. The wiki goes on to say how there isn't any known wars in the SimNation's history, though there was an implied Cold War with Red City, clearly Russia, and while there is one woman in Belladonna Cove whose story was her husband died in the line of duty, I think that's as far this sort of thing should go and could go, just as storytelling Sims can headcanon.
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree Signed
    My family has a long military history.
    My dad died in the military.
    And I was in the military myself. Am a service connected disabled veteran. The Sims have been good to me.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    gordonfan24485gordonfan24485 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up for the idea, I wasn't in the military but I do know a little bit about it because I was wanting to join the Marines after high school but my asthma prevented me from being allowed to join. I think they should improve the military career.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree with most of it so sign me up!
  • Options
    LarissaAnneLarissaAnne Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    Sign :mrgreen: I think this is actually a good idea.
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2013
    sign me up
  • Options
    meunomeeandremeunomeeandre Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2013
    signed :D
  • Options
    danceforeverdanceforever Posts: 134 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I dont think you saw my comment from eariler because you didnt sign me up , but i love this idea and hopes the sims 4 creators see it!

Signed! :wink:
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited May 2013
    Giving this idea a little bump because It is getting buried by all the topics filled with arguing. :)
  • Options
    themanninggirl12themanninggirl12 Posts: 113
    edited May 2013
    Signed! (:
  • Options
    danceforeverdanceforever Posts: 134 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Giving this a bump so hopefully more people can see it :wink:
  • Options
    leora18leora18 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    I have a request,

The Military career... has no really grasp of the Military...

I'm a Military Girl-Friend, and something that I would honestly like to see...

You can't just 'Join the Career' you have to go through the recruiting process, you get a call if you were accepted, or to do so and so and everything is set.

Basic Training.
    The Sim is gone for a few days or about a week, for 'Basic Training'.

Deployment.
    A sad subject, but have a Sim have to be gone a few weeks as sort of their service.

Other Ideas:
    PROPER Military uniforms

Military sword arch at weddings.

Military Funerals with the folded up flag.
    Any other ideas?

PLEASE SIGN IF YOU AGREE!!

Signatures:
    artlove1
    brookesaywhatx
    simseatcake
    HollownessDevour
    JacobRuehlman
    linklover1o1
    Mariefoxprice83
    bos45redsox
    cheary30
    Potter
    bethyGrace
    KATENESS
    SuicidalSpiders
    Aeroprincess87
    DragonWyng
    PsychYourMind08
    jaletu2005
    Ladyliberty1301
    neilshaw1980
    chrang7520
    raybigbear
    DejiDenja
    BkGrl72
    treelife
    mqelias
    BlkBarbiegal
    user0674
    HollownessDevour

Leora18

• Options
    edited May 2013
    BUMP!

This is very, very dear to me! and to many others!
  • Options
    WikdwikkanWikdwikkan Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love it.
    Signed!
    I'm a military wife to a wonderful, amazing Airman.
    Thank you for posting this!
    xoxo
    7821274de0237b0448d0602cb7e52a2c.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wikdwikkan wrote:
    Love it.
    Signed!
    I'm a military wife to a wonderful, amazing Airman.
    Thank you for posting this!
    xoxo

I'll be a army wife next year! Or this year, depending on where he's stationed! : )

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I am bumping this, this really needs to be seen by the gurus and developers!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lisasc360 wrote:
    sign me up... :)

Thank you!! :):):):):)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    I have a request,

The Military career... has no really grasp of the Military...

I'm a Military Girl-Friend, and something that I would honestly like to see...

You can't just 'Join the Career' you have to go through the recruiting process, you get a call if you were accepted, or to do so and so and everything is set.

Basic Training.
    The Sim is gone for a few days or about a week, for 'Basic Training'.

Deployment.
    A sad subject, but have a Sim have to be gone a few weeks as sort of their service.

Other Ideas:
    PROPER Military uniforms

Military sword arch at weddings.

Military Funerals with the folded up flag.
    Any other ideas?

PLEASE SIGN IF YOU AGREE!!

Signatures:
    artlove1
    brookesaywhatx
    simseatcake
    HollownessDevour
    JacobRuehlman
    linklover1o1
    Mariefoxprice83
    bos45redsox
    cheary30