Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bullying in the Sims 4.

I think there should be bullying in the Sims 4. It is a real life thing, and would really fit.

The Bullier
As the Bullier, you get to bully people. Steal their lunch money, pick on, yada yada etc. You have a chance of getting caught by a teacher, which results in detention, returning the lunch money, etc, other school punishments. You act like a Bully, simple enough. You get good moodlets from bullying, and bad moodlets for getting caught or stood up to.

The victim
Your getting bullied. You lose your lunch money, pretty much getting the results of the bulliers actions. You can get a teacher, but you have a 75/25 chance the teacher will help. You get bad moodlets for getting bullied, and good moodlets for the bully being stopped. You can stand up to the bully, with a 50/50 shot of it working.

SO YOU ALL KNOW, I AM COMING AT THIS FROM A VICTIMS VIEW. I WAS BULLIED IN SCHOOL, TILL THE POINT WHERE I CAME HOME BRUISED AND BLEEDING. I WAS PICKED ON FOR MY HEIGHT, MY SKIN COLOR, MY I.Q, EVERYTHING. IT HURTS. AND I'D LIKE IT IN THE GAME, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SCHOOL THAT IS PERFECT.
I'M NOT KIDDING OR LYING. I WAS BULLIED TO THE POINT OF BLOOD SHED, AND MY TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL WATCHED AND DID NOTHING. ONE TIME THEY CHEERED THE BULLIER ON. IT IS A REAL THING. AND I'D LIKE IT IN.
I AM STILL SUFFERING FROM IT. I HAVE A MESSED UP EAR AND FINGER, A DENTAL PROBLEM, DEPRESSION, AND THE HABIT OF SAYING SORRY FOR LITERALLY EVERYTHING. I KNOW THAT WASNT ABOUT THE SIMS, BUT IT SHOULD BE IN, AND IF I DONT ADD THIS PART IN I'D GET ATTACKED FOR WANTING IT IN. Not like I'm still not going to be.

Sorry for all that....
Thanks for reading...

Comments

• Options
    Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think there should be bullying in the Sims 4. It is a real life thing, and would really fit.

The Bullier
    As the Bullier, you get to bully people. Steal their lunch money, pick on, yada yada etc. You have a chance of getting caught by a teacher, which results in detention, returning the lunch money, etc, other school punishments. You act like a Bully, simple enough. You get good moodlets from bullying, and bad moodlets for getting caught or stood up to.

The victim
    Your getting bullied. You lose your lunch money, pretty much getting the results of the bulliers actions. You can get a teacher, but you have a 75/25 chance the teacher will help. You get bad moodlets for getting bullied, and good moodlets for the bully being stopped. You can stand up to the bully, with a 50/50 shot of it working.

SO YOU ALL KNOW, I AM COMING AT THIS FROM A VICTIMS VIEW. I WAS BULLIED IN SCHOOL, TILL THE POINT WHERE I CAME HOME BRUISED AND BLEEDING. I WAS PICKED ON FOR MY HEIGHT, MY SKIN COLOR, MY I.Q, EVERYTHING. IT HURTS. AND I'D LIKE IT IN THE GAME, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SCHOOL THAT IS PERFECT.
    I'M NOT KIDDING OR LYING. I WAS BULLIED TO THE POINT OF BLOOD SHED, AND MY TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL WATCHED AND DID NOTHING. ONE TIME THEY CHEERED THE BULLIER ON. IT IS A REAL THING. AND I'D LIKE IT IN.
    I AM STILL SUFFERING FROM IT. I HAVE A MESSED UP EAR AND FINGER, A DENTAL PROBLEM, DEPRESSION, AND THE HABIT OF SAYING SORRY FOR LITERALLY EVERYTHING. I KNOW THAT WASNT ABOUT THE SIMS, BUT IT SHOULD BE IN, AND IF I DONT ADD THIS PART IN I'D GET ATTACKED FOR WANTING IT IN. Not like I'm still not going to be.

Sorry for all that....
    Thanks for reading...

Everyone has had a bully. And Homeschool, no bullies there unless there are abusive parents. And I feel for you, I had a bully in school to, I walked out of class in 4th grade from a nasty B**** who made my life h***, My mom pulled me from that school for it. I am current homeschooling my 10 year old. He had the same bully from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. It isn't taken seriously, it is treated like ****, it is the victim's fault or they should be tougher, instead of what's wrong with the kid doing the bullying.
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    I second this.

I have a very bad experience with bullying, that only one person from this site knows. Well 2 counting me.

• Options
    Belliflowers3Belliflowers3 Posts: 560 Member
    edited May 2013
    My cousins used to have bully me. Until I pushed my boy cousin off the bike and he went crying to my aunt(who laughed by the way). So now they don't bully me anymore.

I had almost gotten another bully at my old art class.

So, yeah I agree with this.
  • Options
    samanthallee1983samanthallee1983 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a good idea.

Also, have the victim decide if he/she should tell a parent.

Oh! and if the bully, they get grounded when their parents find out.

Also have the option for therapy for both:
    victim: to sort out issues, can result in gaining brave trait
    bully: to deal with anger issues, can result in losing the bully trait

If no real progress is made, victim would have trouble with social interactions in the future, may have trouble advancing in career

For Bullies: continues to bully. doesn't have many friends.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013
    so if this is true why do you bully others on the forums ? When you know first hand what it is like
  • Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2013
    I do not agree, and do not want to see this in the sims 4.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is one of everyone's heated disscusions. Get ready for the firestorm of "the bullied"

On Topic
    Do keep in mind i had to deal with bullying too but this doesn't need to be added to sim life, sure we can do mean interactions but this shouldn't be done on a daily basis for anyone, bullies are a minor thing in The sims and i don't want that expanded upon. Trust me its hard enough dealing with it in childhood. :(
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I developed a severe anxiety disorder after being bullied in school and at home. Having detailed bullying in my game would probably give me panic attacks, so I'm going to pass.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    OP I'm sorry for all you've gone through, but no thank you. For many reasons. But like Icarus mentioned, this may bring on some pain people need/want to move on from. :wink:
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is one of everyone's heated disscusions. Get ready for the firestorm of "the bullied"

On Topic
    Do keep in mind i had to deal with bullying too but this doesn't need to be added to sim life, sure we can do mean interactions but this shouldn't be done on a daily basis for anyone, bullies are a minor thing in The sims and i don't want that expanded upon. Trust me its hard enough dealing with it in childhood. :(

Yeah I second this. I was also bullied as a teenager and I do not think it should be in this game. Ever. :?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    daria_is_odddaria_is_odd Posts: 810 New Member
    edited May 2013
    :? I'm not too keen on this idea...

I don't think bullying should be in the sims :hunf:
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2013
    I do not approve of this, why would you see you sim get bullied when you were bullied yourself in RL, why would you like this to happen in Sims 4?, this will open up many memories for people who've been thru this with their childhood/adulthood,why on earth would you want this in a game? no thanks, the past of bulliness is gone, I don't want to see this resurface in my face seeing my sim/sim family get bullied by other sims in the game, it's uncalled for and EA wouldn't have it, and many fans wouldn't buy it, thus therefore EA loses money.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited May 2013
    OP I'm sorry for all you've gone through, but no thank you. For many reasons. But like Icarus mentioned, this may bring on some pain people need/want to move on from. :wink:

This.

I was also picked on all through my school years for my looks. And even though I have been out of school for many years it still hurts and I feel very uncomfortable when people stare at me and start whispering to their friends or siblings because I had had a few young kids to young adults make loud comments about the way I look. I was even sitting at a hospital's ER waiting room about 10 years ago and had an adult call me out on my looks and her friend who was sitting there told her to shut up and stop saying those things to me... :cry:

So no thanks on having bullies in the game. Plus I really think that there will be a lot of backlash that EA would get if they put this in the game and people would think that EA supports bullying.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bullying? In The Sims? No, no thank you. Never. :roll:
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    It never ceases to amaze me what people did to seek attentions. :roll:
  • Options
    darkraevendarkraeven Posts: 150 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmm i could see it as long as there a option to punch the bully in the nose and break it. i could go with it. but tbh i don't want it in.
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry that you were bullied, but I think adding bullying to TS4 is a terrible idea.

That's one aspect of real life that we don't need to relive in the game.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't like the idea of bullying in the game.I don't enjoy seeing that happen in real life.I would much rather have the ability to see Sim kid's go to school,have the class clown,go on field trips and do the fun things that kid's get to do than have the trauma of being attacked daily.I just don't see the fun in that but if was an added trait we could make the decision to play that out in our games or not.It's a hot topic and would be controversial that I doubt they would add that to the game because so many would object and find it in poor taste when we see on the news what's going on with real children and what happens when those kid's can't cope with it
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    It never ceases to amaze me what people did to seek attentions. :roll:

This. It's already even in the game to an extent if you have the loser trait.
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was bullied from elementary through high school, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I DON'T want to see it in The Sims 4.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2013

I do not approve.

the reason is because bullying is not something I want my sims to go through (especially what i went through...) and I really just don't like having 'solutions' to fix it, because the game would be too realistic and just..not Sims. I would like to stick with having enemies and nemeses. I liked that people you don't know in the games can approach you rudely or in a friendly way. it was just insults, fighting, and being enemies with someone else.

which is basically bullying. so why add solutions? you can already 'apologize' or start being friends with them, or just ignore them ompletely. :D
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    No thanks
    JoBass24us wrote:
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard! There are many aspects and things that happen in real life that do not and should not be included in this game. Because of how ridiculous this idea is I have to assume the OP was trying to start some sort of war or argument on here. tsk tsk.....

Exactly what I was thinking, obviously toward one certain simmer on this site, considering all the posts that were deleted by the OP toward them..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's not a feature I'd welcome.

In school I bullied the bullies. :twisted: I'm a great bully bullier! I can imagine it could be quite a therapeutic feature.... :lol:
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard! There are many aspects and things that happen in real life that do not and should not be included in this game. Because of how ridiculous this idea is I have to assume the OP was trying to start some sort of war or argument on here. tsk tsk.....
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top