Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you do if The Sims 4 really was online-only?

Comments

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    I won't say I would never buy the game, but I will say that I know for sure the purchase would be made once the modding community has found a way to keep the game offline. If that is not possible, then my love affair with The Sims will have to be over.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited May 2013
    s5291.gif ...won't buy!
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Some people are definitely taking this a little too seriously, lol. O.o

But I wouldn't buy it. Just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    UtopiaUtopia Posts: 164 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not buy it at all, and if they lied and I had bought it, I'd demand a refund, and if need be sue for false advertising.

This ^^
    Mysticalmaid
    <3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't buy it.

I'm on the fence about TS4 anyway because TS3 was [to me] such an utter failure. I'll have to wait and see what is going to happen before I decide whether to give my money to EA again.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be the first time I ever felt disgusted about the game. I would think that they ruined a perfectly good game that was never meant to be played like that. They tried that with Sim Social and SimsCity Social. Those are shutting down. I am guessing Simport is probably not used either, as much.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't buy it if it was online only. But it seems EA was smart enough to figure out that most simmers wouldn't buy an online only version of the Sims. So we're good.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't buy it. I was a Sim City fan as well and was so excited about Sim City 5 until I found out it was an online game. I didn't and will not buy it.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    edited May 2013
    First, EA wouldn't lie, they could be sued so bad, it wouldn't even be funny.

However, if they change the way the game works in the middle, after a single player, off line only game has been released and then later release expansions that can only be played online, that's a different story.

If that were the case, I'd quit and never look back.

I would continue to play my The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, plus whatever I could salvage from the offline single player base game. Probably community creators would make some custom content for those of us who would not go to the online only ep's.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited May 2013
    Online only? That's an easy one to answer...I would not buy it. It would break my heart but I would have to say bye-bye to the Sims4.

This whole social networking thing has gotten way out of hand. Who wants to be connected to the entire world 24/7 ? I don't feel an overwhelming urge to tell everyone I know every little mundane thing I do in the course of my day. And after a hard day of work and stress, the LAST thing I would do is share my relaxing private gaming time with anyone.

The good news is most social media sites are currently experiencing a downswing in popularity and usage because people are...get this..bored with the whole concept. :roll:

I find that bit of news a relief. Even my grandchildren have stopped using these sites as much as they were a year ago because they realized how much private info they were actually putting out there for the world to see and discuss. I told them I was proud of them for stepping back from the hype and seeing these sites for what they really are...dangerous and intrusive.

I repair computers as a side business and in the past year I have repaired forty seven computers that were infected with hundreds of different viruses and malware bugs that came from some of these sites. These folks should have known to install good internet security suites, but because these sites are known to all of us, they trusted these sites to have security that would block bugs and viruses from entering their private computer.

Okay...I will get back to the topic. Sorry for the rant but after what I have seen happen to people's computers from things as simple as logging into a social site, I feel the time has come to stop all this online stuff, especially with the Sims games. EA has tried to force us to game online several times with several different formats ( Oh, the latest SimCity debacle comes to mind) and we have politely told them no thank you, each time. A majority of all the Simmers worldwide has spoken loudly about NOT wanting online only Sims games. It will never happen. EA now knows how much thay have to lose if they push the online only concept.

• Options
    nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Boycott the Sims 4.

Of course I won't buy it if the game is 100% tame and has no death as well (except old age like the Sims 2)
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Simple: I'd not buy it, in the same way I will never buy SimCity.
  • Options
    chester7348chester7348 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would not buy it if it really was online only. But I am glad that its gonna be offline single player and I will buy it when it comes out 2014.
  • Options
    GlennGnerdGlennGnerd Posts: 272
    edited May 2013
    I'd read or watch videos about it, just not do anything about it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,397 Member
    edited May 2013
    As of now, the question is a moot point as EA has already announced game will be offline...but if they hadn't made that statement, I'd have to wait and reconsider buying into a game that is online. My son, who plays many MMO's says all games are going this route, of course he's much more game savvey than I am. :P

I'd have to read up and wait for others who do buy it. I can't just say "goodbye" to sims. It's the only game I play and would make me very unhappy to let it go.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't buy it. The Sims is such an individual game. I don't want strangers wandering through my game. SimCity 5 is meant to be played on-line, but thank goodness you have the option to make your region private. I don't play the game that much, but I don't want to log on and find out everybody else in my region is stealing my power and sending me all their garbage.
    There used to be some sims online game that I was invited to play for free. I hated it. People made mean comments about my cute little pink house I built. ( it was kind of lame!) and they wouldn't let into their houses if your stats were too low. No thank you to online paly.
  • Options
    SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would play it, just like I am going to play it even though it is not online.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2013
    After the fiasco with the launch of SimCity I would stay away until EA fixes the problem if there is one also the problem with saving locally which modders would have a hard time modding Sims 4, being your saves would be on EA's servers. I like to access my save files and back them up locally and you lose some control over your game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    I still think people are really taking this to heart. I mean, I wouldn't either (Edit: I meant, I wouldn't buy it either if they lied. I'm so absent-minded sometimes :lol: ), but it was just a question. Here:
    boo.gif?raw=true
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA would be stupid to lie about TS4 being single player offline, then make it online. EA has to much riding with investors and board members. The TS4 cat is out of the bag and running, to late to stop the offline game play. When TS5 comes around it might be online gameplay.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013
    if i bought the base game and relized they lied i'd take it back to walmart (usually where i get my games) and get my money back and stick to the sims 1-3
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't buy it as I have a strict No-Online policy. Didn't buy SimCity 5 for the same reason, which was a pity because the SimCity series was what got be addicted to The Sims.

But to be honest I'm giving the Sims series one last chance with Sims 4. If it turns out to either be
    A. Really really childish with even less of challenge (I'm not voting violence, I just don't want to feel like I'm playing a kids game)
    B. Unstable and full of bugs like Sims 3
    Then I'm putting all my games on eBay, deleting all my sims files and giving up on my well over a decade long obsession.
  • Options
    Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    if it was advertised as Always Online, I wouldn't buy it. If it was online after I bought, it'd go back to the store and EA could stick it where the sun doesn't shine... That is what I'd do. Thankfully, all of us Sims addicts don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd quit. I would kiss the Sims 4 goodbye and stick with my little pixel people in the Sims 3 :wink:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    AdrieCmAdrieCm Posts: 354 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    I still think people are really taking this to heart.
    Of course they are; it's a game they love.

Plus, we all know it's just a 'what if' question since this game was already advertised as being 'offline, with online features'. It's healthy and okay to say how you feel about something you feel strongly for.