Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Sexual Orientation Options in CAS *OVER 100 SIGNATURES*

Comments

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    Look people want to have complete control over there townies, do you know how annoying it is when you're straight married sim is flirting with someone of the same sex or your plans for two male gay best friends to get together is thwarted by one of them trying to get it on with the woman next door!

Stop throwing the "homophobe card" all over the place just cause people want there sims to swing whichever way they choose and if someone wants all there sims to be straight that is their choice, don't see anyone complaining when someone says they have all gay Sims!

This argument is getting boring now, just live and let live and get on with your own games instead of worrying about someone elses
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited May 2013
    SIGNED!

I made a lesbian couple a few months ago, then went off to play another family. Came back and they had broken up and one had remarried to a man. Annoyed the crap out of me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Daniblee wrote:
    SIGNED!

I made a lesbian couple a few months ago, then went off to play another family. Came back and they had broken up and one had remarried to a man. Annoyed the crap out of me.

Yep stuff like this happens in my game all the time and it really annoys me too
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Godslamb1stGodslamb1st Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely NOT signed. But I know the way the world goes and it will happen anyway. If it does, I guess I will have to stick with Sim 3 or quit playing. Remember, this is my opinion.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely NOT signed. But I know the way the world goes and it will happen anyway. If it does, I guess I will have to stick with Sim 3 or quit playing. Remember, this is my opinion.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited May 2013

Double Lol :D I hate it when people hide behind this "It's my opinion" its like saying, I hate white people but that's OK it's my opinion. :D
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited May 2013

Hmmmm...best not voice my opinion...

As for the petition, I think it'd be a good idea. I myself haven't played a gay or bi sim before, however there are plenty of townies who are in same gender couples and ones that date both genders (there are also others that bed any YA-Elder sim that seem to give them eye contact!). Although I've not made a gay/bi sim, I can understand the frustration of making them a partner and then have them fall for a different gendered sim.
    So yep, I'm basically saying you can add my name to that too. I may not get the game yet but I'd like to know that fellow simmers get that option.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    We've always been able to do whatever we want with our sims since the start. The thing I like about The Sims is that they do not use sexual orientation labels--which I personally detest with all my heart because sexual orientation and identity shouldn't have any labels in my book--and that makes the game a free place for everyone.

I feel giving our sims sexual orientations would limit the gameplay a lot, and possibly bring in a lot more chaos between fans. There are a lot of orientations, would they even remember to add them all?
  • Options
    aislinn396aislinn396 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Signed
  • Options
    FtzPlayerFtzPlayer Posts: 426
    edited May 2013

Girl bye.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    FtzPlayer wrote:

Girl bye.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GURL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knazzer wrote:

Double Lol :D I hate it when people hide behind this "It's my opinion" its like saying, I hate white people but that's OK it's my opinion. :D

Here we go again, did they say they hated gay/straight people? No they didn't!! They said they didn't like the idea of having sexual orientation options and yes that is their choice//opinion!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Xari99Xari99 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If you want to change it, I guess you can type in the testingcheats-code and edit your sim in CAS. Pretty simple.

I'll sign.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited May 2013
    Xari99 wrote:
    If you want to change it, I guess you can type in the testingcheats-code and edit your sim in CAS. Pretty simple.

I'll sign.

Assuming that cheat even makes the transition.

I remain opposed. Making it a CAS trait means it'll be genetic for born-in-game sims. I'm sure some will argue that that's realisitc, but it takes control away from the player, when they should be doing the opposite.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited January 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by AmazingSims79879 on
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed!
    It would be fantastic if they were to include asexual; there definitely are a lot of people who don't know what that means (in this context, but when referring to protists and bacteria they seem to know though). It would also be great if they would reintroduce turn ons and turn offs, but allow more of them to apply to one sim, and to not be required.
    Concerning born in game sims, they could have "undetermined" be their sexual orientation until the player decides what they are. Also, they could make it optional for sims to have specific sexual orientations if you don't want to categorise your sims this way.
  • Options
    skatbail955skatbail955 Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Personaly I have no objection this so I will sign on. I think it is a great idea and just like as if it was in the sims 2.

P.S. I had never played the sims 2 it ended when I started getting into the sims.
  • Options
    mommytopreemiesmommytopreemies Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love if I could tell my sims not to be into the same sex it gets annoying when they are married but into another sim of the same sex. They can't even have friends over for parties. so I will sign

signed!
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be great to have
    1. check boxes for sexual orientation
    2. MENU CHECK BOXes for sexual orientation for the entire population; just like in SN where different SN Sim types are allowed to move in to your neighborhood.

That way you can just control it easier.
    It might say:
    More likely to fall in love with *insert a female male female/male icon
  • Options
    destinyps98destinyps98 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Definetly love this !
    Signed
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't really mind but I would like an option like this, It does get annoying when my straight sims get flirted on with the same gender (especially when they're old). Although, since we basically have full control of our sims I can always stop it or just ignore it, so It doesn't really bother me.
  • Options
    BLUFLOWERBLUFLOWER Posts: 92 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I sign!! I would love this!

Edit- I would also like the ability to have someone else carry your child without it being considered cheating.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    2. MENU CHECK BOXes for sexual orientation for the entire population; just like in SN where different SN Sim types are allowed to move in to your neighborhood.

It might say:

This idea is really putting Sims and People in a box. I am shocked the most tolerant people (supposedly) can't see their own bigotry!

You are equating people to lifestate fantasy creatures or something as low as the annoying Celeb system in TS3.

I don't unerstand how any of you can't see what you are doing by requesting a 'trait' in the CAS for Sims that prefer the same gender!

It is just as bad as 'labling' ethnic groups as 'black' americans, 'indian americans' and or any 'irish' americans..etc. When it should only be Americans... :hunf:

For all of you that can't see this then you really haven't grown outside your own bigotry, and labels on Sims is just as wrong.

And making fun of those that don't want their Sims labeled at all or want the 'game' to determine things for them...you have no more respect for the their opinions than you do a mule.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

It might say:

This idea is really putting Sims and People in a box. I am shocked the most tolerant people (supposedly) can't see their own bigotry!

You are equating people to lifestate fantasy creatures or something as low as the annoying Celeb system in TS3.

I don't unerstand how any of you can't see what you are doing by requesting a 'trait' in the CAS for Sims that prefer the same gender!

It is just as bad as 'labling' ethnic groups as 'black' americans, 'indian americans' and or any 'irish' americans..etc. When it should only be Americans... :hunf:

For all of you that can't see this then you really haven't grown outside your own bigotry, and labels on Sims is just as wrong.

And making fun of those that don't want their Sims labeled at all or want the 'game' to determine things for them...you have no more respect for the opinions than you do a mule.
    We're requesting an option for all sexual orientations, not just for gay Sims. It's purely so that Sims don't autonomously interact with the wrong gender and ruin what people have worked for for those Sims, or have planned for those Sims.

I'm sorry, but I found this quite offensive. My two closest rl friends are gay. They've been my best and closest friends for as long as I can remember. There are all sorts of things, for example, annual holidays (vacations) that I honestly couldn't imagine us doing without them. I am very supportive of them and their rights, and I am FAR from bigoted, especially not because I signed a petition to be able to *optionally* set sexual orientation in, as you emphasised yourself, a *game*.
  • Options
    IgongeIgonge Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a great idea. Signed.
    Origin ID: KeldMeld :)