Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Your Thoughts?

What are your thoughts about the Sims 4? :( Personally, I don't know what to think about it. I'll try to keep all the information and links I know in this first post. If you find anything, please tell me.
Links:
The Sims 4 Official Site
Maxis Unveils the Sims 4
The Sims 4 is Official - NOW
:XD: That's what I found.
So, what do you think? Are you worried about it? Are you excited? Do you just not care?

Comments

• Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited May 2013
    However, Curtis Paradis makes me feel excited about it. :) Hopefully it will turn out okay.
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I care and am excited about The Sims 4. To me it's like just taking the game to a new level with all new interactions, items, neighborhoods, sims, etc. I see it as a continuation of the franchise and will treat it like Sims 3 when that came out, a continuation and improvement from The Sims 2.

Great news imho! :)
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm unsure how to feel about it to be honest. I need to see more and learn more before I make my final decision.

All I know for sure is I won't be investing as much money into 4 as I did 3. I have all the expansions, almost all the stuff packs, and quite a few Store sets. It's just too expensive.

I'm really happy to know we're not forced to be online. But still, reserving a true opinion for when we learn more. I'd say right now I'm neutral. Not really excited but interested to see. :)
  • Options
    MoonShadow1789MoonShadow1789 Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I highly doubt I'm going to buy it, in all honesty. I'm not really a fan of EA anymore, so unless The Sims 4 is just so amazing that it cannot be lived without, then I won't go near it. From the looks of the image on the official TS4 site, I really don't think it's going to be that good. In my opinion, that image makes it look like it's from TS2, which, as far as I'm concerned, is a huge downgrade from TS3 in most aspects.

Tl;dr: I doubt I'll buy it and will most likely just cling to TS3.
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited May 2013
    PS: This should be moved to the Sims 4 space allocated on the forums. I just found that myself. Scroll all the way down and there's plenty of TS4 discussion and threads there.

:)
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm excited for it but I don't think I'll be buying it. I can't keep spending money haha

I'll have to put a sock in it now because I can see myself jumping at it the day it's released regardless of what I say now! haha

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    lthill91lthill91 Posts: 435 Member
    edited May 2013
    So are we going to stop buying Sims 3 stuff and wait for Sims $? Is Sims 3 going to be supported after Sims 4 comes out?
  • Options
    PlumFrecklesPlumFreckles Posts: 713 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not that bothered to be honest. I don't think The Sims 3 has been out long enough. At least, it doesn't feel that way to me.

No doubt The Sims 4 will need a ridiculously expensive computer and graphics card to play it.

EA are really money hungry so no doubt it will be overpriced as well. I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just hope it will be different than Sims 3 and allow us to connect worlds and the total od worlds one can connect will depend on the specs of one's computer.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,355 Member
    edited May 2013
    Don't be too surprised if this gets moved to the sims 4 forum at the bottom of the forum page since they did add it so people can talk about the sims 4 without pushing all of the other threads down... :wink:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/598.page
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2013
    lthill91 wrote:
    So are we going to stop buying Sims 3 stuff and wait for Sims $? Is Sims 3 going to be supported after Sims 4 comes out?

For a short while it will be and then the day will come when they will shutter this forum. Save what you can and dl some lots, etc. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ccoolcatccoolcat Posts: 336 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Too soon :/
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm tired of the T rating. I've spent the last 6-7 years playing with lame vampires who can't kill & can only bite friends. If they keep the T rating it's going to be more of the same.
    I'm tired of waiting for weather & pets. Didn't we just get Seasons last November after 3 years of waiting? So I'll get to play it a little over a year before they expect me to go back to endless sunny days? For 3 more years? I don't think so.
    I'm not saying I won't get it, but I'm going to get it when it has what I want. Weather, Pets & bad vampires! I shall avoid all things TS4 when more things come out. If I don't know about it, I won't buy it. This time I won't be lured to an empty game that's so awesome it ruins 3 for me. You know it will too... :lol:
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm afraid the sims might look cartoony. I want realistic sims! :x
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited May 2013
    My feelings towards The Sims 4 is ....meh....! Since I know for sure you will need a higher specs than The Sims 3 just like a ladder system. Personally if it were to be in the same level as The Sims 3 then maybe a possibility although won't be the case for a fact. So unless I get a better computer which I would say again meh!
  • Options
    nougatnafnafnougatnafnaf Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm unsure how to feel about it to be honest. I need to see more and learn more before I make my final decision.

All I know for sure is I won't be investing as much money into 4 as I did 3. I have all the expansions, almost all the stuff packs, and quite a few Store sets. It's just too expensive.

I'm really happy to know we're not forced to be online. But still, reserving a true opinion for when we learn more. I'd say right now I'm neutral. Not really excited but interested to see. :)

I'm with you - and to top it off I just preordered Island Paradise :/ In retrospect and with this new release announcement, I just feel... well stupid!
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    My thoughts are all over the place.

I hope that the Sims 4 site isn't a complete mess. I hope whoever they get to design it is familiar with what sites on the internet currently look like (spacious, simple, functional, without so much imagery and clutter). I hope they have a Facebook-like feature in addition to forums, and I hope that the forums have all the features that forums typically do in this day and age (like the ability to upload an image as an avatar without using third party software, or to look up your own post history without having to figure out what the URL is, or to see more than just a handful of posts on page 1). I hope the site works, and is fast and reliable. A mobile view (or app) would also be cool.

Oh, and the game. I hope the game is good.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    No Nraas = me not buying it...

If mods are needed anyway..

I just bought 3 last year, so it will be along time before I even buy 4.
  • Options
    FlanberriesFlanberries Posts: 478 New Member
    edited May 2013
    My first thought seeing it in the front page was.. " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NOT SO SOON >.<"" "
    Probably because I spent and saved so much money with sims 3, I am not ready to move on yet. It will be like starting all over again.
    I hope this will improve a lot from sims 3, otherwise with only a few changes, i'm just going to wait it out..
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not that bothered to be honest. I don't think The Sims 3 has been out long enough. At least, it doesn't feel that way to me.

No doubt The Sims 4 will need a ridiculously expensive computer and graphics card to play it.

EA are really money hungry so no doubt it will be overpriced as well. I won't be buying it.
    By 2014 it would have been 5 years. That's pretty long in the gaming world.
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited May 2013
    My feelings towards The Sims 4 is ....meh....! Since I know for sure you will need a higher specs than The Sims 3 just like a ladder system. Personally if it were to be in the same level as The Sims 3 then maybe a possibility although won't be the case for a fact. So unless I get a better computer which I would say again meh!
    Excellent point. Its the main reason when someone asks, "what laptop should I buy", I always say do not buy a mid range laptop(not a true gaming laptop). When its time for a graphically upgraded game, you are stuck. I will have family members calling me to ask for an upgrade, but it will be easy because I built them desktops.
  • Options
    PlumFrecklesPlumFreckles Posts: 713 Member
    edited May 2013
    JHBrown wrote:

By 2014 it would have been 5 years. That's pretty long in the gaming world.

It doesn't feel that long to me. Especially when University has just come out.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it's about the same length of time as The Sims 2's run, and slightly longer than The Sims 1's run. It does feel short though. I think, with the way the gaming industry has changed, developers need to really consider a game's long-term lifespan when designing it (by having an engine that can handle tons of additional content without choking on itself, and an art style that won't look dated right away). I hope those are things that come into play while they're designing TS4.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't really care
  • Options
    comicsopoliscomicsopolis Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they have more opinion on build a Mode on the new Sims 4, I enjoy building homes. especially bungalows, This time I'm hoping they are going to be realistic. I want to see built in booksheves, L-shape staircases all ready in the game. No cheat code. More style's for roofing. Also give you the opinion, buy modern and old style appliances. But overall I am curious to see what the New Sims 4 is going to be like. But the thought of starting all over again Oy-Vey!