Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oreo's Ranch: A 50 foal Challenge - Canceled :-(

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• Options
    MilenchicaMilenchica Posts: 6,059 New Member
    edited January 2013
    All chaught up now! I've started reading earlier and now I finally finished. :D I love it! (of course! who wouldn't?) I loved Grimm and was soo sad when she died. :( It's kinda strange tat her ghost looks like one that died of stravation. I've seen someone else with this fire-stravation thing before. I'm happy she is back - even as a ghost. But I like Solar too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I was not sure if it was the lighting or something but oh well...I always have liked the color of the starvation ghosts, they are spookier to me.
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited February 2013
    oooh, great update! I haven't read your story for a while, but your horses are turning out very nicely! :o

And riding horses in sunlit tides on the beach... why didn't I think of that?!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey all I am very sorry. I have an update all written up but photo bucket isn't letting me get to the pictures not matter the browser. I will try again this evening at home. Sorry!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Billy gets a Dog

Billy and I settled nicely into married life. Honestly it was no different than our life before, just more official. The kids were doing great in school and the horses were getting along nicely.
    Screenshot-133.jpg
    Screenshot-134.jpg
    Thanks to Max, Pepper gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who Elvis named Elvis. I know he is very clever. Sadly this meant it was time for Max to go home. The ranch seemed almost empty with only a foal and his mom. Billy suggested that we get the next stallion but I didn’t want to rush Pepper. She seemed happy to have all the space and time to spend with her baby.
    Screenshot-124.jpg
    Billy however apparently needed more animals. When I got home from the Equestrian Center he was at our front door making cutesy noises at a rather large dog.
    Screenshot-125.jpg
    “I just know Solar will love you as much as I do. Your just what this family needs Bozo.” Billy said giving Bozo a kiss on the noise.
    I couldn’t help but laugh a little, the dog stared at him like he was funny but accepted the attention.
    Billy hearing my chuckle stood and faced me.
    Screenshot-126.jpg
    “Isn’t he the best?” He looked at me with a smirk.
    “Bozo huh?” I raised an eyebrow at his name choice.
    “Well, I didn’t name him. The kid who owned him last did.” His smirk disappeared.
    “And why did the kid give up his dog?” I asked a bit more concerned. I knew we were going to get a dog from the shelter, but the dogs histories always worried me.
    “Well, he kind of bit him.” Billy rubbed the back of his neck.
    “What!? So you decided to bring him around our children?” I said with a bit more anger than intended.
    “It’s not what you think.” Billy tried to sooth me, “The shelter said it was barely even a bit, more of a play thing but the parents freaked out. They think they were looking for a reason to get rid of him because of his size.” Billy pleaded.
    I looked at the dog, he seemed sweet but I was still worried.
    “I am trusting you on this. But if he even snaps at the kids or a horse he is out of here.” I gave in.
    “Promise.” Billy’s smile returned.
    Screenshot-127.jpg
    Billy went inside to fill Bozo’s water bowl leaving me with the mutt. He came up and sniffed my hand slowly and then licked it.
    “Maybe you’re not so bad.” I smiled and gave him a scratch behind the ears.
    When the kids returned home it took all our effort to get them to leave the dog alone long enough to eat dinner and do their homework. Bozo played with them gently and truly seemed like a wonderful family pet. I couldn’t imagine what the kid did for him to snap. Bozo quickly became a part of our family.

One day after doing some training with Pepper I returned home to find the dishwasher busted. Our maid had left a friendly note saying they were sorry but didn’t know that a plastic chew toy was not dishwasher safe. I opened the dishwasher to find melted plastic had gotten in to everything. I worked on it through the night hoping I could fix it so we wouldn’t have to hire a handyman. That’s when we all got the fright of our lives. I was sitting in a puddle of water and one of my screw drivers touched a live wire. Without noticing I reached for the wire and with that electrocuted myself.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    I screamed unable to let go and hoping the kids would stay away. After a moment of frying I fell to the floor, completely charred.
    Billy ran in from outside and pulled me out of the water and rushed me to the hospital telling the kids to stay out of the kitchen. He also called a handyman to finish what I started.
    A few hours later we returned and I went to bed. Billy took care of the kids.
    Screenshot-131.jpg
    It wasn’t long after their bed time though that they all came down to our room claiming they could not sleep.
    Screenshot-132.jpg
    Randi curled into our bed, Elvis and Firelight grabbed the couches. We all cuddled up and listened as Billy read their favorite bedtime story, An Alien Named Bob. Even Bozo who normally slept outside in his dog house was in the basement with us that night.
    It wasn’t until a week later that what happened really hit me. I almost died. I couldn’t help but wonder if I had done everything I wanted to, ideas ran through my mind. That’s when a commercial for SimCity University came on the TV. I called immediately and got the information packet. Maybe that’s what I needed to do, go back to school. After all the only reason I didn’t finish was my parents death, that and a slimy professor. I wondered how my life would have been different and then Billy walked in and for the first time I was truly happy to have a slimy professor.
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    A few days later my packet arrived. If nothing else I could do research for the kids. I started by taking the aptitude tests. According to my results I could earn 12 credits already towards a degree. That’s when I decided to go back to school from home.
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    Thankfully Billy was supportive and helped with the ranch more so I could do my work. But he promised to call me for the big events. Like Elvis growing up.
    Screenshot-137.jpg
    (I have decided not to upload Elvis because he looks SOOO much like Max, so if you like him I suggest DL and Rec’ing his Dad).
  • Options
    DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow Elvis is almost a clone of Max, isn't he? Nice to see this story still going! I missed Solar and Billy :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MilenchicaMilenchica Posts: 6,059 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It's been a while. Glad to see an update :) a good one too
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    thanks guys, it has been awhile but I wont let it die (until we reach 50 that is...too close!)
  • Options
    malsq9malsq9 Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love this story, so glad you came back. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Neith16Neith16 Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2013
    Finally caught up to the latest update. I love the twists and turns in this one. And I am especially happy that she got Billy in her life now. I love his character so much! Looking forward to the next update.
  • Options
    madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2013
    Great updates, Cat! The story is wonderful, and I'm so glad it didn't end while I was gone :mrgreen: . The foals are lovely too, if my foals challenge was still going I would probably have to borrow a couple of them :lol: .
    Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
    Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The pre-mature end of this makes me very sad....I am sorry I was unable to finish the story. So you know Solar was going to go to school then would find out she was pregnant and would cancel those dreams for raising her forth child. She and Billy would retire shortly after reaching the 50 foals and live off of the money earned by owning the Equestrian Center. Everyone would go on to live happily ever after. There were going to be some funny moments but seeing as the game died I dont have any of those. I am sorry.