Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Watery Rainbow, 9/13

madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies
I remember playing around with oddly colored sims and seeing what kind of baby combinations they gave me long before hearing about rainbowcy challenges. The idea of doing one myself has stuck since then and I've finally gotten around to starting my own :lol: . In hopes of keeping the updates organized I'm posting it on blogger and I'll post links here as I do updates. Comments are welcome either here or on the blog itself :mrgreen: . This is my founding sim, Robin Waters:

37137744095_67d9099d2a_c.jpg

Here is an excerpt from the first chapter...

Robin Waters had barely stepped out of the cab before the itch to reach for her phone took over. This was an important moment, and the thought of it going unchronicled was out of the question. It wasn’t just the start of her new life on her own, but the start of her internet fame. Or so she hoped anyway. In anticipation of her impending success she dubbed her new blog “Rise of the Pale”. Yeah, that sounds good.

36740017430_60787864b0_c.jpg

After finishing her first entry in what would undoubtedly become the most famous blog ever, she wandered over to SimTube to see what crazy new videos had been posted since she had last checked it during her cab ride from the airport. It wasn’t long before she found herself on the dark side of video offerings.

36740020530_e0db4f3b51_c.jpg

And here we go!

Gen 1
4/15 Neutral Waters 1-1
4/27 Neutral Waters 1-2
9/9 Neutral Waters 1-3
9/13 Neutral Waters 1-4

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it :D .
Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
Post edited by madhu_vati on

Comments

• madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2013
    Ok, reserving this post for potential random stuff in case anyone actually takes an interest in my story :lol:
    edited September 2017
    Okay, one last post before I leave this thread to obscurity. Here's a sketch of Robin, the founder of this legacy. She wants you to read her story :mrgreen:

36740223360_3c1ecbee37_z.jpg

• malsq9malsq9 Posts: 972 Member
    edited April 2013
    Did you draw that?! :shock: It's amazing!
    Love it so far, can't wait to read more. :D
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Mal! Yeah, my husband got me a wacom tablet earlier this year; I was looking for something new to draw so I pulled up a screenshot of Robin to use as a reference, and here she is :D . I'm still getting used to some of the painting tools in Corel, but I'm really liking the pencil tool, and I'm loving that orange color for sketching :mrgreen:

I think I want a little more gameplay before doing the next update, and hopefully I can get that in either tonight or tomorrow evening.
    edited April 2013
    Well, I have the second post up now. I'll be putting links in the first post but here it is as well: http://awateryrainbow.blogspot.com/2013/04/neutral-waters-1-2.html. Hope you enjoy it :D
  • umbranightshadeumbranightshade Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I will be checking it out after, as currently I'm at work and shouldn't be looking at forums :D but I'm really curious about the bad side of simtube and what not. Very nice
    edited July 2013
    Sorry it has been so long since I posted an update. I started working on it, but personal stuff has kept me from finishing it. I guess I'm just posting this to let the few people who want to keep reading it know that I haven't abandoned it, I just don't think it would come out the way I want it to if I tried to write more on it with things the way they are. I'm sorry, hopefully things will be better soon...
  • Iweta1314Iweta1314 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear things have been rough! I have to say I did not even have the time to check the story in a long time but I still hope I will get to read another one of your stories sooner rather than later ;) hope things start looking up for you soon!
    So I can hardly believe its been over a year since I wrote on this...I thought about it many times, and every time I thought I would finally be in the right state of mind to write my life would kind of implode all over again. I'm sorry to anybody who has a story that I was reading for my absence as well :(. Its something that I want to catch up on, or at least resume. Although I wouldn't be surprised if nobody saw this ever because any bookmarks leading here are probably long since deleted lol. And I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for it either.

Well, to be on topic for anyone who does wander into here, I'm not really sure what the status is for the future of Robin's story. I have the framework for the next update (from over a year ago :blush: ) and a little more gameplay from after that. However I don't really know if many people would be interested in reading a sims 3 story once the sims 4 comes out, or if I will be playing much of the sims 3 at that point :smiley: . Maybe I should just finish up this chapter in her story, or leave it to oblivion. Maybe I should try to recreate her and start over in the new version of the game, provided some custom skin colors show up. I don't know right now. I still don't know if I could sit down and write the kind of story I want to at this moment, and a part of me is kind of scared that even acknowledging the possibility of trying will jinx it and everything will go to hell again (its just an unfortunate trend over the past year, seriously just two weeks ago I told a friend that things were doing better but I was probably jinxing it and sure enough the very next day was a painful struggle and return to picking up the pieces). /sigh. Anyway, there that is.

I have no idea, I guess I just mostly wanted to apologize to anyone waiting.
    edited September 2017
    Does this thread still work? If so this story has been resurrected after so many years, and the third chapter is up. It can be found here: https://awateryrainbow.blogspot.com/2017/09/neutral-waters-1-3.html. Not sure if anyone still wants to read it, but my daughter wants me to finish it since she loves reading my fifty foals challenge. So it should continue to get updates, although I can't promise a schedule of any sort.

edit: I'll have to come back and fix the first post some time...
    edit 2: and pictures fixed