The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was wondering, been thinking about this challenge for a bit and I have all Expansions. Would I be ok to build my Adam an Eve a house and then rent rooms out, like an Inn to make money? Then use that money to pass through the line to buy stuff about town an build new lot's or would it be cheating? I was also thinking the renters could be potential matches for my Adam an Eve Sims offspring to keep the Legacy going.
  • Options
    Lenei14Lenei14 Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hahaha RiverSong10, I feel your pain! I seriously have waaaay too many screenshots. Like not even 1/3 I've used in my updates. I can't wait to see what you do post! You could make a seperate thread if you're worried about overwhelming the main thread. :)

I would go with UL too if your focus is mostly for the benefit of this challenge. I love SN myself though so it's hard to say. Almost all my sims (actually save for this save) have been witches since SN came out.

Vuneca- Popped over to your thread and left a comment. :D Very funny update.

Illyianna2005 - I don't think it's cheating at all, in fact I think that's kind of in the spirit of this challenge and kind of a neat spin on things. :)
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2013
    @RiverSong10: Between SN and UL...*thinks* well, that's hard. I guess it depends on what kind of game you play. For the focus of this challenge, UL fits in much better. However, I am a huge Harry Potter fan so almost every save outside of this one and my legacy family involves witches, wizards, and werewolves. :) I honestly would to go to youtube and watch LGR's reviews on both to help you decide, that way you can see the content as well.

As for everyone else (I may have forgotten what I was going to say while typing :oops: ) I have been lurking and enjoying all the updates, though I haven't had time to go in game to get any myself. However I did move my family (again) to a different lot since I liked it much better - but my game crashes a lot in that save so I'll tinker with it another time.

Hope you are all having a nice week, and I'll try to stop by more often to give each of you the comments you deserve.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So I decided to give this a try, I've never done 50 Legacy before though so I'm not sure how I'll do. Below are my Adam an Eve but I named them African Lily and Achillea Flower and the second Gen will be B Flower names an so on.

Day 1 - Lily an Achi move to a lovely, empty Island called Mermaid in the Water.

African-Lily/Fairy

Neat
    Family Oriented
    Nurturing
    Natural Cook
    Chrismatic
    Green Thumb - Fairy Hidden Trait

Screenshot-10_zpsa886cecf.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps0c6841a1.jpg

Achillea Flower/Werewolf

Night Owl
    Disciplined
    Gatherer
    Athetlic
    Angeler

Screenshot-4_zps4d6f6294.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps5f29f263.jpg

Lily gets a house well Ach buys the only Venue in town the Market.

House

Screenshot-11_zpsff7880a4.jpg

I'm playing it out in an Empty World by Rosettas Stoned found here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/665861.page , it's a lovely World called Mermaid in the Water.

After getting their house, Lily adds on two new rooms for Nursery's and they have about 314.000 left over.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RiverSong10RiverSong10 Posts: 80
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, guys! :D I'm really looking forward to this challenge, although honestly, I probably won't put much of a story to it. I RP on another forum, so all my creative writing energy goes into that. :oops:

Anyway, here's a quick intro to my founders, and a few pics to get you started. ;)

Lucas Murray:
    Traits: Brave, Genius, Green Thumb, Handy, Workaholic
    Zodiac: Cancer
    Loves: Ratatouille, Country, and Irish Green

Evaline Murray:
    Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Family Oriented, Natural Cook, Nurturing
    Zodiac: Taurus
    Loves: Cheesesteak, Indie, and Seafoam

Lucas and Evaline had wanted a change for a while. Something different... a fresh start. They had become jaded and disillusioned by their crazy, shallow lives. Wanting to live a more meaningful life, as well as wanting something better for their future family, they started pondering things they could do to change. The first question was... where would they go? Starting over would be pointless if they were surrounded by the same people and places, the same lifestyle, that they had now.

A few weeks after decided to make a change, they heard rumors of a project, headed by an eccentric billionaire and patron of genetic department of the science facility. Going over to check it out, they learned that they were searching for couples who wanted a new start... and a challenge. The catch? They would have to start from complete scratch, moving to a remote, isolated area and building a town on their own. All they were allowed was a general store, and 500k to build there legacy. They were so excited about the opportunity, despite it's challenges, that they eagerly volunteered.

As they signed various release forms and legal documents, they learned that they were not the only couple taking part in this project. However, they weren't given any details, and were told that contact with these other "Founders" would not be allowed. Taking a few days to say goodbye to family and friends, and pack up the few things they'd take with them, they were then put into a light, chemical-induced sleep and transported to what would become their new home.

They awoke shortly after arriving, and the team that had brought them there gave them a last few instructions, some seeds to plant a basic garden, and left. Looking at each other, both feeling a little stunned at how quickly their life had changed, they slowly grinned. Although it would be challenging, perhaps even impossible, they were excited.

Turning around, they looked out over the valley, awed by it's untouched, pristine beauty. Then they turned and went into the starter house that had been provided, eager to start their new lives.

My founders, Evaline and Lucas Murray.
    Screenshot_zps50246315.jpg

Their first meal in their new home.
    Screenshot-10_zps70d8c8aa.jpg

Working on those skills!
    Screenshot-20_zps1b40cd97.jpg

It can get lonely with just two... say hello to Fitz!
    Screenshot-23_zpsaa47f574.jpg

About two weeks in, and Evaline isn't feeling so well. I hope she gets well soon!
    Screenshot-30_zps82704903.jpg
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi everyone! :mrgreen:

Illyianna2005, I think the renters are a great idea. It's not as if you are using a cheat or anything. African-Lilly is gorgeous. She has the the cutest lil pixie look about her and her eyes just seem to glow. They are both such goodlooking sims I can't wait to see their offspring. I'm curious to see if they will be fairies or werewolves! Really looking forward to more! Did you build their house? It's amazing! I really luv Sunlit Tides so anything with an island-theme and I am totally hooked! 8)

RiverSong, great backstory with your sims. Fitz is sooo adorable! Hmmm, I think there may be another reason she is not feeling so well... :lol:

Going to try to post some pics then!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea of whitches and fairies, but I've decided to get UL first. However, I use the MC and SP mods. Does anyone know if they're updated for UL? :?

AngelzzzDaydream0, thanks! I'm actually kinda surprised I got that much out. Really wasn't expecting to come with so much backstory for them. xD

Now, so I can get a bit more caught up before I play any more, here are some pics. I'll probably start a little thread of my own, too...

Well, sure enough, it was a bit more than just being ill! :) Fitz is being his adorable self, too.
    Screenshot-35_zps3a653f03.jpg

Nothing like spending time together. Lucas was eager to try some of his homegrown veggies. ;)
    Screenshot-40_zps68d28f85.jpg

Although the baby was due any day now, the couple couldn't resist a day at the festival! Evaline danced with a random sim while Lucas got into a water balloon fight with a girl from work.
    Screenshot-45_zps154c2d8d.jpg

Awww, Lucas is feeling the baby move! Oh look, if that a little foot? :shock:
    Screenshot-51_zps8c28cdc9.jpg

Hmmm, Lucas doesn't seem too anxious about becoming a dad. Way to keep cool, dude!
    Screenshot-54_zps09246493.jpg

To be continued...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So, it's off to Uni for Gianna and Jewell!

Zorrin: Bye Bye Sis! Hope you don't die there!
    Gianna: Uhhh, thanks I think.

Screenshot-2709_zps1023e57b.jpg

First day at Uni, the girls are invited to a frat party. Gianna wastes no time in chatting up the fellas, and they fall for her in droves.

Screenshot-2714_zps5892e7e8.jpg

Jewell is not so forward, and is slightly overdressed. This was supposed to be a formal affair! Some people have decided not to dress according to the dress code...

Screenshot-2716_zps8cc32392.jpg

The Betty Page look-alike is promptly reigned in by campus police.

Screenshot-2717_zps660e4c11.jpg

After the party the girls head back to the dorm. (which Gianna has decorated in a crazed style) It's hard to figure out how they can sleep in that room.
    Tomorrow is the big day and classes begin!

Screenshot-2718_zpsf8e7ddae.jpg

Screenshot-2719_zps6c89121e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ... continued from previous post.

Meet Artan Murray, firstborn and heir apparent! He has the Artistic and Athletic traits.
    Screenshot-58_zps4a0d1e60.jpg

And his twin brother, Alaric! Born with Genius and Virtuoso. :)
    Screenshot-59_zps7574ccb9.jpg

Evaline takes a break to work on some skills while the babies nap.
    Screenshot-61_zps78c0c01d.jpg

Poor Lucas got stuck with diaper duty! He's rather disgusted...
    Screenshot-63_zps11e88681.jpg

Playtime with the boys is much more fun! Still, twins are hard work!
    Screenshot-69_zps1d772528.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for the double post, everybody. Just wanted to give you the link to my family's thread. For the full update, and to see ALL pics, go there! I'll still post mini updates in here though, so no worries!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/670367.page#10649202
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    RiverSong10 - I also use SP and MC and yes they have all been updated to Uni, and I'm playing with them and my game runs great.

AngelzzzDaydream0 - Thankyou I put a lot of work into the Sims, I wanted fully, unique looks for them as I was curious about the children.

I did not build the house I think I got it here if you want it, its CC Free.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6753842

SoupahReo made it I just love her lot's, you can see more of her Work here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/624895.page
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Illyianna2005, awsome, thanks! :D Now I can install UL without worrying about my game, though I'll still do a test-run on a clean world. :3
  • Options
    lanielynnelanielynne Posts: 169 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to the new comers! ^__^ Looks like some more great starting points for your stories are quickly moving forward! :3 Handsome founders and cute nooboos! :3 Hopefully I'll be able to continue with my story soon too! ^___^ Just gotta finish another paper before I can continue >.<

Again, great work! And welcome! Thank you for those who have also read and commented on my story. :3 I really hope I can get back to writing it soon! :3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Alright! My family is all up to date now, check out my thread to see all the pics. Well, most of them, anyway. :oops:

Also, once all the kids have aged up to children, I'll hold a poll for the heir! Artan is the heir apparent, but I'll wait to make anything official until their personalities emerge a little more. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Lily and Ach have three children now, two boys and one girl because I've played a lot tonight.

Buttercup Flower/Werewolf

ButtercupBaby_zps742202a4.jpg

Loves the Outdoors
    Disciplined

ButtercupToddler_zps8a2a9613.jpg

BBT_zpsdf5a21af.jpg

Balsam Flower/Fairy

BalsamBaby_zpsa2dc6bf4.jpg

Hates the Outdoors
    Couch Potato

He is twin brother to Butter and I'm not sure where he got those traits.

BalsamToddler_zpsa4d56d04.jpg

BST_zps7f60ba19.jpg

Banksai Flower/Fairy

BanksiaBaby_zps7e8245c9.jpg

Virtouse
    Hydrophobic

Again not sure where those came from, anyone know why my Sims are getting random traits? I'm not rolling the game is choosing them and not sure why it's not using my 1st Gen Sim Traits.

BanksiaToddler_zps768947a6.jpg

Lily planted her Garden.

Garden_zps0530ef46.jpg

Just Cute

ReadingtoSleep_zps5fbf0a63.jpg

Playing_zpsad3b3969.jpg

I have one roomie now he pays me over a 1000 a week and I fully own the Market with 276.665 left for now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Illyianna2005, they're all adorable! Banksai's eyes, though... they mesmerize me! :shock:
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, so much to catch up with!

RiverSong, welcome to the challenge! I love the backstory for your challenge. Great way to start out. And I like your founders :) And the babies are cute!

Illyianna2005, welcome to the challenge! Your founders are beautiful! Especially African-Lily. I love her eyes. And the kiddos! It made me giggle to see how opposite the twins are :lol:

Angel, it looks like Gianna is enjoying Uni, but Jewell not so much :P And holy cow their room is crazy! :D

On a side note, did anyone else see the preview for Island Paradise? I didn't watch the whole thing, but it looks like a lot of fun!
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hello everyone :D
    I finally finished making my Adam and Eve and building their house, haven't started playing yet though.

Adam and Evelyn Woods
    Screenshot-152_zpsd9d16f25.jpg"width=600"

and their house so far
    [IMG]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/Blueybluesky/Screenshot-187_zpsb51be0cb.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Illyianna2005, thanks for the link to the house. I'll go check it out and see what else she may have! Your lil ones are soo cute! I have to say Balsam is my fav though, it's those gorgeous eyes!

RiverSong, enjoying your challenge so far! Excited to see how things go for them.

Bluebluesky, Evelyn and Adam are such a cute couple. I luv their house! Can't wait to see more!

Yeah something tells me I shouldn't have allowed my ten year old to decorate their dorm room, huh! :roll:

I saw the trailer and the live broadcast about Island Paradise. I told myself this time I was going to wait to see how the chips would fall, but now after seeing the resort and the lazy river, I'm catching Paradise fever! Uggg, I really wish they would fix some of the other issues first. The craziest thing is, they seem to use the base game and build these eps, instead of making sure eps are compatible with each other. It's frustrating! Plus I'm a bit put-out by EA right now. I know they are crap with their customer service, but I feel really cheated by them. On facebook, they are now pulling the SimCity game. I spent money on that dumb game! Now they are discontinuing it. UGGGG!

Sorry for the rant, back to sims! :shock: Baby DRAGONS????!!!!! Too freakin cute! I want one! :D
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited April 2013
    blueybluesky - great start! I love the house! It looks great.

Illyianna2005 - Banksai's eyes. WOW

RiverSong10 - I tried to post on your thread but my browser crashed and I don't know if it showed up for you :/

Angelz - baby dragons? what?? :shock: Also, loving the uni pics!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Vuneca, yeah, I don't see a post from you. :( I hate writing out posts, then losing them.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi everyone :) None of you know me, but I feel like I know all of you (and your sims!) very well. Over the last 3 days I have read all 104 pages to get to this point :) Ive started planning my strategy for this challenge and I cant wait to get started. I have uni class in about 3 hrs so Im hoping to just get set up this morning and then get into it when I get home tonight.
    Im looking forward to posting my first update :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone
    This might be a stupid question but I was just wondering if everyone plays the challenge with their aging set on normal and if you think it would be classed as cheating if I put mine up higher :-)
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to the challenge, JBAG521!! Can't wait to see your first post :D

Bluey, I play on normal length, but I generally tweak it a little to lengthen some stages and shorten others. I checked JMJ's first post and he said it couldn't be lower than normal, but if you want to play a higher span, then it's fine :)
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks BekahSue for answering my question :-)

Well I finally got started today with playing, I've never done any stories before and I don't have much of an imagination so this will probably be boring.
    But this is what I've got so far...

The First building they own is the general store
    Screenshot-160_zpsc6ca7d9d.jpg"width=600"

and I also built them the bookstore, I wanted it for the skilling and recipe books mainly.
    After purchasing both those buildings and their house it left their funds at around 300,000
    Screenshot-192_zpse5cb9838.jpg"width=600"

Don't think I mentioned Evelyns traits before, she is an animal lover, family oriented, natural cook, green thumb and gatherer. Her life time wish is to be surrounded by family
    Here she is starting their garden
    Screenshot-200_zpsb01b0077.jpg"width=600"

Adams traits are animal lover, athletic, brave, angler and artistic. Lifetime wish is to reach level 10 in three skills.
    So he got started leveling up his painting skill
    Screenshot-193_zps21bfffd8.jpg"width=600"

Since there are going to be 5 children I got them started on making the family after abit of skilling
    Screenshot-202_zpsd86b3ecf.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-215_zps31f4726a.jpg"width=600"

I have more that I will post when I get some time, just didn't want it to be to long :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top