Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prairie and Desi, a 50 Foal Challenge

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited October 2012
    What a great ending. It made me all warm and fuzzy to see everyone together in the end. <3
  • Options
    WolfLady74WolfLady74 Posts: 1,032 Member
    edited October 2012
    I can't believe I forgot to comment! I loved the ending. It was so nicely done. Sad to see it end though. How do you see future offspring in CAS? You did with horses and sims.
  • Options
    madhu_vatimadhu_vati Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ha! I finally have internet! Things are still crazy over here so I won't be around much but I'll be able to check in at least.

Thanks everyone! This was a very fun challenge and a great family of sims to play :mrgreen: .

@Iweta: Once I get her aged up I will certainly upload Starfall :mrgreen: . I got to play a little bit the other night, but she still needs one more sim day to be an adult. Hopefully soon though!

@WolfLady: To see the other "potential" offspring I just went into CAS, made a family consisting of the two sims (or horses) I wanted to see babies of, then clicked on the pacifier (I think) button when making more sims for the family...I think its the last option in the little plus sign menu when adding another sim. It lets you play with the genetics of sims in the family you are creating to see what kind of combinations they give. Then you just save any "offspring" to the bin that you like and can exit CAS without saving the whole family when you are done.

For sims obtained in game like Damian and Marcy I had to save them into the premade sim bin first, which I did from the "Edit in CAS" testing cheat (testingcheatsenabled true). This makes them creatable directly from CAS, and usable in other saved games, which is how I got Teila and Fern from their original game that they were born in over to this one :D . Hope that helps!
    Rainbowcy: story home, forum thread
    Completed 50 foals challenge: Prairie and Desi
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Wonderful ending to a great read! I am sad to see that its over but I cant wait to see what you come up with next :-D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Cat!

Sorry it took so long to respond, but we finally finished the renovations on our old house and can now actually start unpacking our new place :lol: . Now I need to find some simming time so I can build our house in the sims and figure out how I want everything :mrgreen: . I haven't forgotten about Starfall, though, and I will get her up before I do that!
  • Options
    malsq9malsq9 Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2012
    madhu_vati wrote:
    Now I need to find some simming time so I can build our house in the sims and figure out how I want everything :mrgreen: .
    Haha! I love doing that. ^__^
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So I finally got Starfall aged up and uploaded. Here is her link on the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6646298

And just for fun, here are some extra pictures I took last night while playing and waiting for her to age up...

Star and Starfall in the rain.

Screenshot-4.jpg

Then the thunder and lightning started, which scared poor little Starfall.

Screenshot-6.jpg

And Layna had to go calm her down.

Screenshot-7.jpg

She looks so much like her mother, but she definitely has her daddy's dappling.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg
  • Options
    Iweta1314Iweta1314 Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2012
    Good luck with the unpacking ;) I think I love Starfall even more now :) she's stunnig ;) Can't wait for another story of yours, meanwhile I really should update my challenge (it has been a little abandoned for a while - game issues and uni) and try out Seasons coz I hadn't really had a chance to do it yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I doubt anyone still checks this thread, but in case anyone does I have finally gotten around to starting a rainbowcy :D . I haven't started the story for it yet, and I'm tempted to put it on wordpress or something instead of the forums themselves, hopefully to make finding the story posts easier. I think it would allow for larger image sizes too, and lets be honest this story was very picture-dependent :lol: . Anyway, here is a sneak peek of my founding sim, Robin Waters. I really wish she was as pale in game as she is in CAS, but oh well.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Maybe she isn't quite as excited to head off to university as she thought.

Screenshot-54.jpg

Screenshot-55.jpg

Unfortunately being irresistible doesn't mean all of that attention you receive will be wanted or pleasant :mrgreen: .

Screenshot-61.jpg

I'm going to be (slowly) trying to get caught up on all of the stories I have bookmarked. Things are pretty crazy here (always :lol: ) but I'm trying to make some time for both simming and reading stories :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So I got absolutely nothing else accomplished today but I did start a blog for my rainbowcy. Not positive that this will be its permanent home, though; I'm disappointed with the lack of customization options without paying money :evil: . Here is the link to its thread here on the forums :mrgreen: .

edit: yeah I moved it to Blogger instead. The new link is here. It's still a work in progress but I'm happier with it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited May 2013
    :) Nice to see the Rainbowcy!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    MalakhiteMalakhite Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I really enjoyed this and will be trying the 50 foal challenge (soon hopefully).

By the way, Buecephalus was the name of Alexander the Great's horse! A true war horse!
  • Options
    wyethiawyethia Posts: 48
    edited December 2013
    just a note to say how much I am enjoying your story! I'm back on page 8 still and excited I have so much ahead. I am getting ready to start a real 50 feal challenge (I have a family that is sort of doing it, but with money cheats to start..I just wanted to test it before I tried it for real. ) I totally want to use someof your stallions. I'll post here when I finally do it!

Wye