Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Closed*

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2013
    Werepoet, it does look like Wonder Woman, lol. They are all beautiful recolors!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi BV! Here are a few recolours that I've just made. One of the tops didn't upload for some reason so I will have to wait until I can next go in game to re-upload. I have some more cc free recolours in my studio too but I'll add them at a later date.

***Click pic to go to exchange link***

original.jpg
    [url=url=http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7123797]original.jpg[/url]
    original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited March 2013
    :D BakingNerd! It's always good to see your recolors!

:? The exchage eats probably 1 out of 10 items I try to upload, so don't feel bad.

:D All of those are really nice. I really like the veil, those colors make it look kind of antique. I'll add you to the directory soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Good Morning. I see that we've slipped back to page 5... We are now at 12 people on the showcase list. :D Might be doing some test posts in the thread today. Maybe...
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much BV and Rose! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have updated my showcase with a new outfit.

LilyParker and Baking Nerd -- both of your recolors are great!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Idontrcall's Showcase of recolors:

Here is a lovely work-out ensemble which proves you don't have to wear sweats to the gym:

link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7128129

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"
    Thanks so much, BV.

:D Very cute! Downloaded and Rec'd.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Good morning everyone! What should we do this week? I'm not sure myself, to be honest. I have been giving it some thought,if I should give a sort of format for what goes on every week. Also, maybe giving a tentative schedule for what will be going on in the thread? Something Like:

Monday, 3/25/2013 - Announce Set of the Week [Choose a set from the store to discuss.]

Tuesday 3/26/2013 - Set of the Week Breakdown [I'll share my opinion on pros/cons of set. Share pics and recolors of the set?]

Wednesday 3/27/2013 - Announce Lotto Task Qualifier of the Week

Thursday 3/28/2013 - Lotto Day

Friday 3/29/2013 - Freebie Friday

Saturday 3/30/2013 - Minimal Input from bloodviolet.

Sunday 3/31/2013 - Minimal Input from bloodviolet.

:D Any input? Would something like that be wanted/helpful?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That sounds good to me. Would the set of the week be the newest set or just a random set from the past?

Edit to add: Thank you for nominating me in the wishing well thread (i'm putting this here because that thread is so fast-moving you'd probably never see it, lol.) I am not qualified to win anything there because I'm a sponsor, though. But thanks for nominating me anyway:)

Edited a 2nd time to add: And congratulations on winning the wishing well!! Awesome!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    That sounds good to me. Would the set of the week be the newest set or just a random set from the past?

Edit to add: Thank you for nominating me in the wishing well thread (i'm putting this here because that thread is so fast-moving you'd probably never see it, lol.) I am not qualified to win anything there because I'm a sponsor, though. But thanks for nominating me anyway:)

Edited a 2nd time to add: And congratulations on winning the wishing well!! Awesome!!

:D It would be any set that I have. I've got about 90% of the store. Because of family health issues I was rarely on last year, so I fell behind. I usually buy myself one thing every month but I don't have many of the newer newer sets. I'm concentrating on getting sets with premium content first, so the wedding set and the place set that came out recently are low on my list right now. FOR REFERENCE ONLY - All of the store items I don't own are on my wishlist, because that's how I keep up with it.

:D I'd be very happy to do requested sets. I'd be focused on pointing out what items have un-recolorable layers, if items have extra stencils, etc. This could be valuable info it you have limited funds for store items. :? Because we all know the store is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Extra stencils (or one without a stencil) are great tips! I want to do more for my showcase, but my CAS is acting up. So for now, I'll just enjoy seeing everyone elses!

That workout set is gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Guys, this weeks breakdown set will be Muse Luxury; if anyone wants me to do a specific set for the upcoming weeks I will start adding them to a list so I can begin working on them.

:D Going out for awhile, be back later this evening.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    edited March 2013
    It sounds good the schedule you said. It will be interesting and good to focus on particular sets and the items they contain.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    BloodViolet's Breakdown of the Muse Luxury Set

In Game shot of the official EA style:

Screenshot-39.jpg"width=600"

Second pic shows the recoloreable areas in Red, Green, Blue and Yellow.

No recolorable area on the painting.
    1 recolorable area on the potted plant
    2 recolorable areas on the chair, sofa, wall sculpture and little harp
    3 recolorable areas on the ordinary looking side table
    4 recolorable areas on the collum side table and the coffe table

Screenshot-2-5.jpg"width=600"

Here are two recolors of the set. I used some of the recolors in the last pic in a contest I just entered.
    Screenshot-3-7.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-4-5.jpg"width=600"

These images are mostly for those who don't already have the set. I will be sharing some good upclose images of the set in use this week to bump the thread.

:D I really love the shape of the sofa and chair they are my favorite pieces from the set.

:? I don't think I've ever used the little harp for anything.

:cry:The most disapointing item is the painting, because I would have at least liked to be able to recolor the frame.

:D I would really love to see any screen shots you might have of these items recolored or in use.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Screenshot-6-7.jpg"width=600"

A pic of some of my Muse Luxury pieces in use. Stupid Bonehilda always slacking off was not posed. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013

BV--Love Bonehilda there. You've given it a nice, moderny look.

Here's a recolor I did. I tried to match the fabric on the sofa and chair to the painting; however, in the photo the match isn't as close as it was in-game. The fabric I used was heavily textured, so I felt a solid color would suit it best.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"

And I agree, BV -- it is a shame not even the picture frame is recolorable on the painting. I wish EA would make more paintings that had recolorable channels. It would make decorating easier!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like this set.
    I have the end tables and the chair. ^^

I only have one picture on hand and the recolor isn't on the exchange.
    I used the chair in the bathroom of a funky apartment I entered in a contest awhile back. :lol:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blysscia -- the chair looks great in that room. It's more versatile than I had originally thought because it's kind of smallish. It goes really well in bedrooms, and as you proved, bathrooms!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Idontrcall

:D Fun! Turquoise and Marble is a nice combo.

:? Sometimes it seems like the store team gets really lazy and half hearted about the sets. Many sets are a mishmash of quality when examend closely. There is no good reason that, that painting doesn't have at least one recolorable area. Really, I don't see why it couldn't have been made so that the picture frame and the background area were recolorable, and the woman a stencil with a few different options. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blysscia wrote:
    I like this set.
    I have the end tables and the chair. ^^

I only have one picture on hand and the recolor isn't on the exchange.
    I used the chair in the bathroom of a funky apartment I entered in a contest awhile back. :lol:

:D Hey! no fair posting while I'm typing! :lol: Never thought about putting a chair in the home bathroom, but it looks cute.
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have the chair & the couch, but I haven't used either. I've had the couch for a long time and always forget to use it, or maybe it's just too expensive for my sims to afford while furnishing their homes. I was gifted the chair recently, but haven't got a chance to use it yet either.

I kind of wish the couch was a loveseat. I think I wanted something I could place at the foot of the bed, but it's too long for that.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have the chair & the couch, but I haven't used either. I've had the couch for a long time and always forget to use it, or maybe it's just too expensive for my sims to afford while furnishing their homes. I was gifted the chair recently, but haven't got a chance to use it yet either.

I kind of wish the couch was a loveseat. I think I wanted something I could place at the foot of the bed, but it's too long for that.

:oops: That's me about a lot of other items...

I'll see some cute screenshot and I'll be like where'd that come from? Only to find I already own it... :oops:

:D I agree a love seat would have been a nice additon.
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you both!
    I put chairs in larger bathrooms/bedrooms/closets sometimes.
    I like to imagine a group of girls, hanging out in there getting ready. haha

@Idontrcall- I really like the fabric you used for the sofa and chair.
    Pretty build, too. The model is styled perfectly for it.

@bloodviolet- I like this idea of discussing different sets.
    Your pictures of the color channels are very helpful.

@sunsetsorbet- I'm just the opposite. I have a bunch of loveseats that I wish were 3 seat couches. I seem to use those more in my game. haha

I do like using the Lovely Love Seat at the foot of beds.
    It's probably my favorite love seat.
    I've often wished for a 3 seat version of it.