Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Closed*

Comments

• Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited March 2013
    BloodViolet's Example Showcase

This is my example showcase. The are 3 recolors of the same store dress that I did. I've come to realize that I might not have the same taste as the general population when it comes to color and pattern likes. :? Of these 3 recolors my favorite is the orange and blue one. I think it's tropical looking but the turquoise one got way more downloads! 279 vs 56! :shock: I just don't get it. I thought the blue one was the most boring recolor of the lot. There are several other recolors of this dress in my studio at the moment... Anyway what do you think?

original.jpg"width=200"large.jpg"width=200"large.jpg"width=200"

Forgive Me Not Club Dress #3720131134pm by bloodviolet

Forgive Me Not Club Dress #3720131135pm by bloodviolet

Forgive Me Not Club Dress #3720131141pm by bloodviolet

:DHere are some outfits from my Randomly Yours Collection. What I did was just sat there hiting the random sim button in CAS untill I got an outfit that didn't look too silly and I recolored it. It was a lot of fun! You can get all of them from my studio.

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=bloodviolet&assetType=CLOTHING
    2RandomlyYours.png"width=600
    RandomlyYours.png"width=600"

Here is a pic of my latest recolors. I'll be uploading them sometime tonight. :D

Screenshot-14-1.png"width=600

:D I updated my example showcase to show some ways to display more items in your showcase.

In the first example I have placed 3 pics beside each other all with a width of 200 pixels; instead of 1 pic with a width of 600.

The next two pics are photo collages. Eight images are combined into one in each case.

The third example is just putting eight model sims in a household togeter and using the move objects cheat to place them in a group photo shot.

:D If you have lots of stuff to share come by once a week or so and switch out items. You can feel free to share other items in the thread but I will only be doing 1 hotlinked showcase per person in the directory. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @rosemow Thank you for the birthday wishes! :D

@Loppie1988 Thank you for the birthday wishes and the last post I made before this one might answer your question. :D Also I love pink, and that last dress is one of my favorite store dresses.

@cherryberrybloo See you then! :lol:
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited April 2013
    sunsetsorbet's showcase

retrobikinis_zps8dae31f7.jpg
    Black polka dot: top & bottom
    Leopard: top & bottom
    Nautical: top & bottom
    Yellow polka dot: top & bottom

milani2_zpsc2ab8e0d.jpg
    Tropical threads

milani1_zps6dd4088d.jpg
    Aloha dress

moondoggie1_zpse76e5102.jpg
    Beachy shirt

grannyshue_zpscd2e984f.jpg
    Green outfit & coordinating Headband
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @sunsetsorbet Love, love the bathing suite recolors. I think I'm going to download them for my game. I hardly ever recolor anything but everyday outfits, so they are much needed. :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2013
    @ Loppie1988 Your recolours are great! :) I like the shades of colours you have used. The last dress called cute dress particularly looks good!

@ sunsetsorbet Great work with all the clothing items :) I too like the swimwear recolours. They look good!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @sunsetsorbet Love, love the bathing suite recolors. I think I'm going to download them for my game. I hardly ever recolor anything but everyday outfits, so they are much needed. :D
    rosemow wrote:
    @ sunsetsorbet Great work with all the clothing items :) I too like the swimwear recolours. They look good!

Thanks! The bathing suits were some of the first recolors I uploaded to this site, but they are still some of my favorites. Glad y'all like them too!

I have one more swimsuit and some more clothing in my studio. I just picked out six of the photos I have on my photobucket and their corresponding exchange links to show here.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Sunset, those swimsuit recolors almost make me want to break down and buy the KPSP! (and that's saying alot!)

I love seeing what everyone is doing with theirs - it's really giving new life to outfits I wouldn't have looked twice at!

I have one using in-game patterns. I recolored this store dress for Valentine's Day:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6972890

d82efe9f-1367-4520-87da-773a0f4a46bd_zps2cea5529.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sunset, those swimsuit recolors almost make me want to break down and buy the KPSP! (and that's saying alot!)

I love seeing what everyone is doing with theirs - it's really giving new life to outfits I wouldn't have looked twice at!

I can understand that not many want to pay full price for KP Sweet Treats, but it could be worth it when it Amazon periodically puts all the SPs on sale for $6.79 or whatever.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Very true! :D

BV, I missed it was your birthday! I hope it was a great one!

Birthday-Cupcakes_zpsd0d6c9a5.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    This is an interesting thread.=)

large.jpg
    I have this.I don't have a link as I never upload my recolors anymore unless someone really wants to download it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Hello Everyone! Thank you all for the birtday wishes! :D

Thought I would pop in for a sec and see what page I was on. :)

I've had a pretty good day. My baby and I slept in this morning, it was great. Then we went to a birtday dinner at my parents house. Then my husband took me to the jewlry store and we picked out 3 new beads for my pandora style bracelet. I have Chinese takeout comming and am about to see whats on pay per view. :D

Keep checking the thread I have some fun things planned for the week. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Captain Jack wishes you a Happy Birthday!

tumblr_mjhkjvxyZ31rvvj1ho1_500.gif
    tumblr_mjhkjvxyZ31rvvj1ho2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    TessaMicheleTessaMichele Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited March 2013
    Blending In

Ok! Lets talk about recolors. Someone brought up the sweater dress with the weird leg warmers. The first picture is a cataloge pic of the dress with one of it's stencils.I think it's a really cute dress, but those leg warmers look like garbage bags held on with rubber bands to me. After playing with it for a bit I found that the leg warmers could be blended with several of the boots with decent results. A textured pattern will blend better than a flat solid color. I've also used a textured pattern to recolor that Katy Perry cookie hat; it's actually pretty usable recolored.

Screenshot-6-4.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-25-2.png"width=600"

The 4 dresses in the second pic are available in my studio:

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=bloodviolet&assetType=CLOTHING

Live the tip and the styles you showed! Deff going to apply i game on my next day off! (4 days to goo!) And congrats tanner on the lotto draw!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Refrigerators of a Bygone Era

:D I'm sure that most of us are familiar with appliances that come in White, Black, and Stainless Steel but do you remember popular colors of the past? I've done some research and with the help of ColorZilla have brought you ten 100% authenic appliance colors from the 1950's and 1960's.

How much of a chalenge do you think it would be to make a pretty kitchen featuring appliances in one of these colors? I'm about to find out.

Screenshot-3-3.jpg"width=600"
    Here are the year of release, official color name, and RGB# for each of the above refrigerators from right to left.

1955 Woodtone Brown #946847
    1955 Petal Pink #EFD2CD
    1955 Cadet Blue #454D61
    1955 Turquoise Green #6AA9A2
    1955 Canary Yellow #F7F9B1
    1958 Stratford Yellow #BDAF76
    1958 Sherwood #87B39A
    1964 Coppertone #511A10
    1966 Avocado #AEAF81
    1968 Harvest #D6BC80

:D Stay tuned for a kitchen update as I am starting a new legacy house and will be chooseing one of these retro colors for the kitchen.

Did you ever live someplace with appliances in odd colors? I remember both the Woodtone Brown and Avocado green from my childhood. :roll:

You can also download the refrigerators from my studio.

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=bloodviolet&assetType=object
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Screenshot-4-2.jpg"width=640"

:D Well, I finally settled on Cadet Blue, and paired it with flat white cabnetry. What do you think? Does it work or is it too monochromatic?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The fridges look great and it is good how they are associated with a year of release in real life. Great retro fridge colours. :) The cadet blue fridge does work well with the white cabinets.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    The fridges look great and it is good how they are associated with a year of release in real life. Great retro fridge colours. :) The cadet blue fridge does work well with the white cabinets.

:D Thanks! Stick around, I've been told I'm a wellspring of useless knowledge. I'll probably be flip floping between talking about object and clothing recolors in the thread. Hopefully sharring something silly everyday. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/658755.page#10454945

I updates my post to show my full S collection :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    My newest recolor

Victorian Hot Air Balloon
    large.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

:D Very Nice! I downloaded and Rec'd all of them. The colors make me think of Easter Eggs. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My newest recolor

Victorian Hot Air Balloon

:D Cute!
  • Options
    edited March 2013

:D Very Nice! I downloaded and Rec'd all of them. The colors make me think of Easter Eggs. :D

Im glad! I was theming it off of colors for easter though i probably should have done more pinks and yellows ^^'
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited March 2013
    Does the recolor have to be new? or can it be anything?
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Does the recolor have to be new? or can it be anything?

:D The thread is for general recolor promotion. We don't care if it's new, old, or entered into a contest somewhere.

I'll hardlink your fist shared pic into the directory on the first page of the thread and that will be your "showcase" anyone who surfs the thread that way will be taken to that post when they click on the link. So put your best work there. :wink:

You can feel free to share more work in the thread I just won't be linking every post on the directory. :D It's easygoing in here. I've only asked that nobody put more that 5 pics in a single post, don't break the thread by over quoting and be nice to others. :D

:twisted: Come, come, come to bloodviolet....