Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No class schedule

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,775 Member
    edited March 2013
    There could be multiple mods causing this. The Store fixes are just one culprit. It could be any number of mods causing the same issue.

I do think mods are the issue though and nothing EA did.

Updating my blog and making two posts for the two issues.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nomad20Nomad20 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2013
    Rename your entire sims 3 folder and the problems disappear, right? That pretty much rules out a vanilla game bug.

The store content confuses me though. I have most premium content items and they don't cause issues until I fix their bugs with the fixes. I guess they are indirectly to blame because they're the reason I need the fixes in the first place.

And other store content (not premium items) shouldn't have any scripting, so as far as I know, they can't cause a bug.
  • Options
    shy_lil_babyshy_lil_baby Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have found a store fix...but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it on here, meaning it's a third party fix...does anyone know if I can post the link or not?

to fix the no schedule problem?

yeah I googled: Store Fixes (updated 02.21.2013) and it's the first result. Hopefully it'll be helpful to some people. It's worked so far with me. It was just updated yesterday so hopefully it'll work for all.
  • Options
    Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem. But anyway, the only reason I'm playing Sims 3 because of storytelling
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, wrong post.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Nomad20 wrote:
    Rename your entire sims 3 folder and the problems disappear, right? That pretty much rules out a vanilla game bug.

The store content confuses me though. I have most premium content items and they don't cause issues until I fix their bugs with the fixes. I guess they are indirectly to blame because they're the reason I need the fixes in the first place.

And other store content (not premium items) shouldn't have any scripting, so as far as I know, they can't cause a bug.

I never had an issue with my Premium Content not working correctly (except the animation conflict). I don't use all of them as often but the MulitTab or the Pizza oven for example have never given me grief.

So maybe they are really not able to reproduce.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    lakeichalakeicha Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Thanks to you all :D
    I had store items so I deleted the store fixes and the cache files and started a new game same family , same neighbourhood
    And when I went to university they had their class schedule , one thing I noticed is that my game seems to run more smoothly without the store fixes :shock: thanks again :D
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay So. I have a bunch of mods so I pulled out ALL Of them, the whole folder, I dropped out of University and went back and now I have a Class Schedule. I saved my game and went out of it completely to add my mods back in, and my Class schedule wouldn't open when I tried to check it.... Guess I have to play with out my mods. EA better fix this bull crap.
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    EA better fix this bull crap.

Why should EA fix something that is caused by a mod ???

There are bugs that are not mod caused but this is not one of those
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    EA better fix this bull crap.

Why should EA fix something that is caused by a mod ??

Because I went back into it after pulling out my mods folder again and guess what? No class Schedule... AGAIN. It's flipping annoying.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Did you delete your cache files ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Did you delete your cache files ?
    Yes, That was the first thing I did, I even dropped out and went back ):
  • Options
    fabiana88fabiana88 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I had this problem. I first took out my entire Mod folder and when I ran the game, it worked fine and I could see the class schedule. Then I closed the game & then looked for any store fixes in the Packages folder & removed them. When I ran the game again. All my other mods were still working AND I could see the class schedule. Yay!

Go to the folder in My Documents, Electronic Arts, Sims 3
    Go to the folder Packages which is inside the Mods folder
    Look for any package files that have the name Store Fix & remove them

Run your game again & you should finally be able to see the class schedule

Follow these instructions in that exact order
  • Options
    WazzamattaWazzamatta Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    When I enrolled my family of two couples and two children into the University I took the maximum of terms and credits. My aptitude scores gave me 18 credits already. I signed all the adults up and enrolled the kids in boarding school but only one adult had a suitcase as she got into the van that takes them to the University.

When the University screen loaded up I only had the option to choose a household, create one, or move a family in. I had no choice to move the family that had just enrolled in, from anywhere but a save from the library.

When I moved them in the kids came with them because they were saved to the library version and you can't save to the library while they are in the process of travelling to the moving van to get a new family configuration. The moved in family had no academics tab, there was no desk at the foot of the stairs in the Student Union building, and the work tab said I was done with my quarter and to await my report card. I was not enrolled in classes or could do anything with the Administration building except go for a period of time there and come out with nothing to show for it.

I lived on campus from beginng of summer to the beginning of autumn and never got a report card. The only option on the computer was to drop out of college. That returned me home but put doubles of everyone in there house, pre and post college that were very hard to figure out how to delete correctly to keep the college ones all together.

I sent the college group with the new reputations, skills, and friends from college back to college but the same things happened.

Before trying to go to the University I had tried to go on vacation to Shang Sim-la but when I arrived there was no family. I had to create a guy, tell him to go home, then delete him from the now playable family in Bridgeport.

I have no mods or downloads. I have tried to run it with the cache deleted as well. No improvement. :/

What does the successful college experience look like?
  • Options
    DonkeyKhanDonkeyKhan Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Well, after a quick test one of the Anach mod pack mods also causes the missing class schedule effect. Still missing the performance bar by default but good thing a quick sim reset fixes that
  • Options
    kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this problem and I tried some things to solve this problems and nothing worked... So, can someone explain me how do I rename the user folder? My english is not great and I'm not sure I understood this. Or should I try to delete all my CC or my mods? PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!! :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Someone please ?? :(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kobit555 wrote:
    I'm having this problem and I tried some things to solve this problems and nothing worked... So, can someone explain me how do I rename the user folder? My english is not great and I'm not sure I understood this. Or should I try to delete all my CC or my mods? PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Yeah, sure.
    In Windows, open your file explorer. Go to My Documents. In My Documents there will be folder named Electronic Arts; in that there will be one called The Sims 3.

First, in that folder look for Mods and then Packages. Look for any .simpacks that have storefixes in their names, and delete them (also possible is nraas_traveller and anything from Anach).

If you find and delete those files, start the game and see if it works. If you are already in University, you have to drop out and go back to your home world, then re-enroll before it will work. If you are in your home world again, than just enroll.

If you do not find these .simpacks in your packages folder, or you don't have one, do this:
    Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and click on The Sims 3 (don't open it, just select). Press F2 and change the name to something else (like The Sims 3 Backup).

When you start the game after doing this, you will have nothing. Your saves will be gone, your store content missing, your settings reset, and your mods gone. That's why you shouldn't do this unless you cannot find the mods that are causing this problem.

If you don't find the mods, and if renaming the folder fixes the problem, than post a list of every mod that you do have in your My Document/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Nomad20 wrote:
    kobit555 wrote:

Yeah, sure.
    In Windows, open your file explorer. Go to My Documents. In My Documents there will be folder named Electronic Arts; in that there will be one called The Sims 3.

First, in that folder look for Mods and then Packages. Look for any .simpacks that have storefixes in their names, and delete them (also possible is nraas_traveller and anything from Anach).

If you find and delete those files, start the game and see if it works. If you are already in University, you have to drop out and go back to your home world, then re-enroll before it will work. If you are in your home world again, than just enroll.

If you do not find these .simpacks in your packages folder, or you don't have one, do this:
    Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and click on The Sims 3 (don't open it, just select). Press F2 and change the name to something else (like The Sims 3 Backup).

When you start the game after doing this, you will have nothing. Your saves will be gone, your store content missing, your settings reset, and your mods gone. That's why you shouldn't do this unless you cannot find the mods that are causing this problem.

If you don't find the mods, and if renaming the folder fixes the problem, than post a list of every mod that you do have in your My Document/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder.

I'm trying to change the file's name... but after I do that, can I reinstall my store content? Except of deleting all my saves etc is it harm the game or something? And another question- Does the game works better without a lot of store content? (I had a lot of store content, and maybe I should not install all of it) Thanks.
  • Options
    AngelKsc03AngelKsc03 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have the same exact problem! I have removed everything in my mods folder (which honestly is nothing other than manual store content updates and what not) but no results! I am not going to uninstall all of my content right now because I have read that that hasn't even worked for some people! PLEASE HELP?!!?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kobit555 wrote:
    Nomad20 wrote:
    kobit555 wrote:

Yeah, sure.

I'm trying to change the file's name... but after I do that, can I reinstall my store content? Except of deleting all my saves etc is it harm the game or something? And another question- Does the game works better without a lot of store content? (I had a lot of store content, and maybe I should not install all of it) Thanks.

There is a class schedule now. Thank you. I'll be happy if you answer the questions in my last post... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No, it doesn't harm the game permanently. It makes it as though you had re-installed the game from scratch and started playing it for the first time. This will almost certainly solve your problem, but the loss of all you data could be pretty costly...

Yes, it is reversible. You can undo everything simply by renaming your old folder back to its original name (The Sims 3), after deleting the new one the game generated.

No, store content doesn't harm your game and there is little advantage to playing without it. I do notice a slight decrease in load time without extra content, but it's no different than if you install another expansion. Overall, it's not worth mentioning, and store content is worth keeping (especially since it probably cost you money).

Also, there is a way to install your store content without anything else. I believe you do it by copy-pasting the Downloads folder within your The Sims 3 folder (so first rename the entire folder, start the game to generate a new one, than replace the new downloads folder with your old one).

You could also just move your mods folder (also within The Sims 3) somewhere else (your desktop) as this is almost certainly where the problem is. I strongly recommend you do this first as it doesn't delete move store content or anything else.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    AngelKsc03 wrote:
    I have the same exact problem! I have removed everything in my mods folder (which honestly is nothing other than manual store content updates and what not) but no results! I am not going to uninstall all of my content right now because I have read that that hasn't even worked for some people! PLEASE HELP?!!?

The manual store updates are exactly the problem. I can't help but ask, are you sure they are gone? Please just move your entire Mods folder somewhere else to test it out, then post here with your result.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. If you delete your mods and then still see this issue in game, most likely you saved at University and not at your home world. If that's the case, drop out of school and re-enroll. The problem should be gone then.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Nomad20 wrote:
    No, it doesn't harm the game permanently. It makes it as though you had re-installed the game from scratch and started playing it for the first time. This will almost certainly solve your problem, but the loss of all you data could be pretty costly...

Yes, it is reversible. You can undo everything simply by renaming your old folder back to its original name (The Sims 3), after deleting the new one the game generated.

No, store content doesn't harm your game and there is little advantage to playing without it. I do notice a slight decrease in load time without extra content, but it's no different than if you install another expansion. Overall, it's not worth mentioning, and store content is worth keeping (especially since it probably cost you money).

Also, there is a way to install your store content without anything else. I believe you do it by copy-pasting the Downloads folder within your The Sims 3 folder (so first rename the entire folder, start the game to generate a new one, than replace the new downloads folder with your old one).

You could also just move your mods folder (also within The Sims 3) somewhere else (your desktop) as this is almost certainly where the problem is. I strongly recommend you do this first as it doesn't delete move store content or anything else.

Thank you very much :wink:
  • Options
    IoaneSkyIoaneSky Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    Even though I am not tech savvy I am far from inept when it comes to fiddling about with my computer, but I find that when I pay nearly £40.00 for a game that insists that I get one other EP for stuff in this EP to work or vice versa, that I should NEVER have problems AFTER the game is released.

This is unacceptable. I cannot understand how folks are happiest to be held to ransom by EA when we make them rich and not the other way around.

CC and MODS won't go away because EA content is trife to be honest and horribly made, so I refuse to give up all the things that enhances my game experience. EA needs to stop being so dismissive and fix these stupid quirks that frustrates us when trying to play the games.

I tried renaming my sims 3 folder and I did not understand why half the stuff was not showing up when I filtered for Jope CC items or all Living items. I just quit the folder renamed it Sims 3 again and went back in and there they were.

I hate the idea of me harming my game or computer by testing stuff out that I clearly do not get.

Anyways, I have the performance bar and no schedule, but then I never knew to click on the table at Meet n Greet day.

So I will try a new game and see if this issue crops up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top