Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DO NOT BUY UNIVERSITY LIFE ... DUHHH!!!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited March 2013
    I can't resist. I want that statue in the limited edition!
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Completely agreed with this thread, people need to stop supporting a company that doesnt help them in return. EA has the worst customer service I have ever had to experience in my life, they do nothing at all to satisfy the customer other than make you wait for a response when they cant do anything for you (via instant message or phone call) then expect you to continue supporting their materials when they dont even work?

I mean they cannot be that completely stupid not to realize that this game has not been working for Mac users. I seriously dont understand what their problem is, and I find it completely BS that the only way for us to play this game is to have a PC? That is so ridiculous. I wanted to buy UL for the preorder content but then I realized that whats the point when I am most likely going to install the game, and it freezes while it loads my family or some other ridiculous bug that has yet to be fixed.

I am no longer spending my money on this franchise, and neither should anyone else who uses Mac. Its a complete waste and value of your money which could be spent on something that actually works. My last purchase was Decades Stuff (dont feel like calling it the stupid actual name of it) so its also the reason why I have been MIA on the forums, cause I know EA is never going to do anything for us. We waited this long. My patience has run out. Its never going to happen. Accept it and move on to something else.

As much as I love The Sims (incredibly addicted to it) my frustration no longer allows me to actually enjoy the game. Instead, the moment the game starts I have a constant fear of WHEN it will freeze or crash? That isnt HOW a game should be played! A game should be played with EXCITEMENT but EA has failed to give a rats *** about any of its Mac customers. Its funny cause Macs are more commonly used now than before, and yet they totally shun us. EA never gets anything right. Give The Sims franchise to a better company for the love of God...
  • Options
    haleighxxhaleighxx Posts: 27 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The only reason I'm buying UL + other EP's is because the game runs fantastic on my PC. If I had only a Mac, I definitely would not buy it. No point in wasting $40 for the game to sit on a shelf...
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have an imac and my game runs great (after I removed seasons). The only issues I've ever had has been with seasons so I'm not going to let that one expansion dissuade me from buying UL.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited March 2013
    Somebody mentioned The Sims 4. Ha! No Way I am ever starting another EA franchise. I'll just read that "Win/Mac" label on the box as "Win."

I'll probably limp along with TS3 until it ends, hemmoraging cash as I go and learning to dislike the game I enjoyed for a decade. I'm going to stop before I get all blubbery. :oops:
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have an imac and my game runs great (after I removed seasons). The only issues I've ever had has been with seasons so I'm not going to let that one expansion dissuade me from buying UL.

Same here, after removing seasons I have no crash problems anymore. I am definitely getting UL after I up my ram.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love my Mac. I don't love Sims 3 on Mac, but Sims 2 crashed a lot when I had my PC (albeit my PC was crap).
    I noticed Sims 3 only crashes on my Mac when testingcheats is on. Then it comes up as a cider issue. Unless I'm saving frequently, it won't crash. Seasons did ruin my game, virtually unplayable. So I turned to mods. :-) Thank goodness for Twallan. After, I had a lot less lag. The last time my game crashed was when I attempted to disable rain, my game didn't agree with me. However, my game has slowed a bit since the patch, not really sure why... Not sure if I agree with a native Mac Sims. We might never see it, or see patches for it. I'm still upset I can't play SimsCity.
  • Options
    littlemissleolittlemissleo Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited March 2013
    I agree! It kind of frustrates me when some people with problems with their game go on a huge rant about how they will never buy another sims game and then they go and buy University. I can see exactly why EA keeps on doing this. They know how much they will get away with (which is A LOT) because for some reason people don't understand that you shouldn't keep on spending money on a game that does not work and will not work. It's like EA is running some sort of social experiment on human behavior and it's not looking good for us.

I guess my point is actually mean what you say next time.
  • Options
    ilikeskittlesilikeskittles Posts: 966
    edited March 2013
    Completely agree with this.

This is basically EA;
    'So.. should we start fixing the game for the Mac users?'
    'What? Haha nooo, they'll buy the next EP anyway, there's no need to make it work. The money keeps on comin' anyway!'

:roll:
  • Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited March 2013
    Never mind.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited March 2013
    The thing is, EA just doesn't no HOW to fix it. It isn't EA's fault really. It's Cider. The problem is EA should've known how to work with Cider before plastering "Mac/Win" on the boxes. I'm sure EA would fix it, if they could. The other problem is there a company. Companies love their money, and don't want to lose it. They aren't going to go back to Aspyr because they have to spend money, or the money goes to Aspyr. EA wants to make as much money possible so they cut off Aspyr, and let the game take its course.

I am in NO WAY sticking up for EA. I think 4 years have been long enough, and we aren't ever going to get a real fix that fixes everything. I'm never buying EA's products for my Mac again, unless the majority says the product works (ie. University Life). There will be no proper fix. Never, ever. Believe me. If they were to do a fix it would've been done years ago, but 4 years? Not a chance.
  • Options
    MURFYKEEMURFYKEE Posts: 24 New Member
    edited March 2013
    If more MAC users refused to purchase until an adequate update came out addressing the CIDER and transgaming Exception error issue then maybe EA would find a solution.
  • Options
    ElvenGoddessElvenGoddess Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I hadn't bought new EP's or SPs since Pets. I've uninstalled and had no CC, played the game even with just Nightlife and still had crashing. I'm even considering buying a new PC just so I can play the game without any stress over it crashing unexpectedly.
    Although everyone's screenshots are going to be great and I'll get envious, I know dealing with the frustration of more crashing would be much stronger than my envy.
    DO NOT BUY UNIVERSITY LIFE until they FIX OUR ISSUES!!!
    YES, I Totally Agree.