Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Margam Castle - A WIP by Itzmee - Page 4 - Major Update!

Comments

• Options
    RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2013
    PLEASE tell me you're going to be finishing this and uploading it soon! It's such a beautiful build, I can't wait to put it in my game!
  • Options
    KylieS21KylieS21 Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2013
    Excuse me a minute while I just pick up my jaw. That is stunning. Truly stunning.

I love the various objects you have used on the roof line and your use of moo. So clever and the result is so authentic. I CAN NOT wait to see more. The roof line is AMAZING.

The amount of time and effort you have put in so far definitely shows.

I will be bookmarking this thread, can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow, this is shaping up as a serious piece of art - can't wait to see the interiors and the finished build. A rec is ready and waiting for you to claim! :)
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited February 2013
    OMG itzmee that is so beautiful, I am super impressed by what you have completed so far. I am interested to know what cheats you used to create this facade.

AMAZING!

Huggles
    Amby
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Lirael42Lirael42 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey! Amazing work! Are you finishing it? I would love download it as a drawing reference, because i need to draw different perspectives and angles and its hard to find photos similars at what i'm looking for. So a 3D model (even if its just an (amazingly done) aproximation) that I can move around will be a lifesaver to me!

And also once my work is done i would love to play in it of course xD

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh, thank you all so much for the compliments and questions regarding Margam Castle! I haven't had a chance to get on here in months because I've been so busy! I've missed everyone and hope to be able to be on here more often soon, but no guarantees. Unfortunately, I also haven't had time to get into my game. In fact, I didn't even pre-order University Life because I wasn't sure when I'd have a chance to play. Hopefully I'll find a Limited Edition somewhere (I found a huge amount of limited edition Showtime copies a few weeks ago. If only I'd found them last year when I settled for a standard version). To make matters worse, the Mac Margam Castle is saved on is currently refusing to turn on. Hopefully the people at Apple will sort it out (I would hate to lose all of my work).

Anyway, on to replying to all of your comments!

- Replies -

RodJohn - I can't say that I'll be finishing it soon, but in time! Thank you!

Kylie - Thank you so much Kylie! Always been a fan of your builds and it was so great to read your comment.

simka72 - Thank you!

spartan1 - Thank you so much!

Amby - Thank you Amby! ConstrainFloorElevation was the main cheat I used, plus of course MoveObjects. Some of the features on the roof used a lot of objects to get the right look. A lot of work! Haha.

BreeMiles - Thank you so much!

Lirael42 - I definitely hope to finish it as soon as possible. Your purpose for it sounds great though!

Itzmee
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh my stars it's BEAUTIFUL! Please tell me you are putting it on the exchange! I will NEED this for Dragon Valley!!!!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh I hope not Itzmee! It would be a pity to lose all your hard work! :( I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    Lovely!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited April 2013
    Margam Castle is just crazy beautiful, Itz!!! I love the lot you placed it on. It really does justice to that gorgeous exterior. I hope you have some more WIP pics to post soon! I can't wait to see how it's coming along. Good luck! It's a gigantic project!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was also just thinking that the first 2 pictures you posted would make fantastic wall art in the Sims! You should definitely frame them and hang them inside somewhere! :)
  • Options
    SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited May 2013
    My dear friend...

Firstly I hope you are well and life is treating you with the very best :D

How is your build going? I truly hope you managed to get it open and have been able to continue this master build. I am still... Yes! *lurking* 0-0 in my usual uninvisible way, lol ;)

It will look wonderful in Dragon Valley hun, just the right air about it I feel. No pressure this is a work of art that shouldn't be rushed by any means.

Design away my dear *Huge huggles* :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So good news and bad news. I'll tell the good news first (always happy to share good news). I managed to get the Mac started! Bad news is, the files wouldn't open. However, after I take it to the Apple Store, I'm sure they'll find a way to get the files off it. I need to transfer them to a different Mac, which will make building a lot more enjoyable and easier because it is much faster. Plus, the screen is amazing. Anyway, I'm just dying to build! I've got so much motivation to build and I don't think it's going anywhere soon! Hopefully I'll finally be able to post an update in the near future!

- Replies -

AmaraRena - Thank you! It will most certainly be going on the Exchange once it is complete! I had never actually thought about how it would look in Dragon Valley until you mentioned it. Very excited to see what will come of it! As for hanging pictures of the house inside, we will see! I took those pictures with the basic tab function, but I'm sure my sims could capture some great shots.

Yanti - Thank you Yanti! I don't think it's gone anywhere. I think there is just a problem with the start-up disk (whatever that is. It popped up occasionally before it stopped working). I'm sure there'll be a way to get the files off of the mac.

indyChick - Thank you very much!

Cath - Thank you so much, my friend! I was actually building it in Sunset Valley on the lot that overlooks the ocean. However, I think it looks amazing in Monte Vista and might have to keep building it there! I hope I'll be able to update you all soon too! It's been too long!

Sunny - Hi Sunny! Great to hear from you! My public presence has been pretty scarce here on the site, but I've been lurking! I haven't progressed much from what is here, but in weeks to come, I hope I'll be able to continue building. I had never thought about how it would look in Dragon Valley until reading the comments here. It just makes me more excited to start building again! Thank you for stopping by Sunny!

Itzmee
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi Itzmee, glad to see you back here at the forums. :D I hope you can open the files eventually. I would love to see your castle in the exchange. Good luck. *Hugs*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone!

I know it has been an extremely long time since I last updated you all on Margam Castle. It is hard to find time to build and because this home deserves so much time and effort, progress each time I build is minimal. However, I'm so happy to finally show you something that I have completed in the home. The foyer comprises of dark wood encompassing the predominance of the room. There is much more to the room than the picture presents and I just can't wait for you to get to experience the room for yourself.

tumblr_n3gbybnB9G1rgrg2lo1_1280.png

I know it's only one picture but I'll have more for you soon. I have also worked on the library, a few little rooms and a bedroom. I wish I could bring myself to show you work on these rooms, but some of them are still 'under construction' so that will have to wait. I'm so, so excited to show you what Margam Castle is shaping up to be. So much thought has gone into creating the most unique environments for you sims as possible.

Itzmee
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    So exciting to see another WIP pic! That staircase looks so fabulous :D:D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I agree with GC! That staircase looks awesome! Looks so REAL! Makes me want to build too. :D By the way, welcome back Itzmee! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2014
    It is very nice to see another WIP picture. :) The staircase looks very great ! Enjoy working on the build when you are able to and I will look forward to seeing further pictures :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wonderful interior Itzmee, you have a great eye for detail it looks so very realistic. :D Folly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for your comments on the interior shot! Glad to see people are liking it. There's likely to be changes by the time I finish the build. For a starters, the area beneath the staircase has no opening leading to other rooms, so there will definitely be some changes. I worked on the bedroom I was talking about earlier and completed it. I hope to show you all a few pictures soon!

- Replies -

GreenCats - It took me a while, but I finally took one! Thanks so much!

Yanti - Thank you so much Yanti! I'm glad you like it.

rosemow - Thank you Rose! I've been working on it quite a bit lately so hopefully I'll have more for you soon.

Folly - Thanks so much Folly! Being the foyer, it really sets the tone for the rest of the home. Glad you like it!

Itzmee
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone,

I have a little more for you than what I updated you with last time. I'm so happy to show you all some interior shots as well as the finished façade (finally). I began the exterior way back in 2012 and expected to finish it first. That didn't quite happen. Instead, I decided to work on the interior as I went. At the moment, the home is worth $600,000.00 furnished with only the foyer, two hallways, a butler's pantry and a bedroom completed, with most of the library completed as well. It is going to be quite expensive when finished!

Last time I updated you, I showed you a picture of the foyer. I've changed it a bit since then and now there is a little more wood as well as a different wood texture and more lighting. It's a shame I don't have any pictures of the chandelier because it is a one of my favourite features of the room. It suits the room so well. I'll try to show you an image when I next update you.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo5_1280.png

I have no pictures for you of the hallways or butler's pantry. I think the latter might change a little by the time I finish the build, but it's such an awkward space to take pictures that I might just skip attempting to photograph it altogether. It's behind the staircase you see in the picture above, and if you know anything about CFE, you'd know what happens to the floor behind that wall. I've done something pretty interesting to fill that space (thinking about all the different things I tried brings back bad memories. Very happy I found something I'm content with).

Below is a little hint of what's happening in the library. It was originally a great deal larger, but like I said above, I went back and forth between the interior and exterior. The change in size of the room is a repercussion of this. I don't have a picture showing you the full extent of the library because not only is it unfurnished yet, but some of the walls are missing coverings, as well as the ceiling.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo6_1280.png

What you see is quite a lot of CFE happening to create the exterior affecting the different levels on the inside. This is the centre part of the building you see in the exterior shots. It was the first room I started in the home, and is still yet to be completed. My lack of skills I have in the photography department really don't do the room justice. I was considering keeping any pictures of the library out of this update, but I've been so slack with updating you on the build, I just couldn't leave the room out.

If I went into the amount of detail and trouble I put into the following room, I could write a novel. The bedroom was originally on the opposite side of the home, adjacent to the foyer. Like I said earlier, the CFE used for the stairs affects the floor behind the landing, which in turn, makes decorating so much more difficult than usual. In the end, I moved the room to a different side of the home.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo1_1280.png

You'll see that the bed has 'roof piece' (can someone let me know the name of that thing. I knew what the proper term for it was but it's completely escaped my mind. Let's just call it a crown for now). The crown features a lot of little details that make me smile every time I look at it.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo2_1280.png

I have so much to say about this room, but I'm going to stop there so there are still surprises if you decide to download the build, but more so I don't bore you with my potentially endless writing.

I wish I was better at taking screenshots because I'm really not doing the home justice. Finally, I have two shots of the exterior. Now, I don't have any images for you of the other side yet because the entry to the home is on that side, and currently, there is no door. Consequently, there is a large space of nothing. It throws the building off so I decided to leave the images I took out. There is a courtyard in the middle of the home, keeping true to the real Margam Castle. I was tempted to leave it out so that I could connect rooms to each other easier, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo3_1280.png

If you look back at the first post I made, you'll see the main chimney was a bit smaller than it is now. Most of it was acrostacked, and because of updates to the game, that technique is no longer supported. The changes represent the true home better than what I originally had, so this little hiccup has turned into something great.

tumblr_n4dla0bpDu1rgrg2lo4_1280.png

The roofline was such a fun aspect of the exterior. Even with the constant re-levelling of the roof, it was such a challenging thing to get right, which kept me motivated.

I hope this update has met any expectations you've had of Margam Castle. It has been so fun building it, playing it (as much as I can. It doesn't exactly have the most homely amenities as of yet) and experimenting with it. I hope to update you as soon as I can. Take care, and have a nice day!

Itzmee
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2014
    The castle WIP is looking very nice! :) The wood texture of the foyer looks very nice. Nice sitting nook in the corner of the staircase. The library looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the bookcases on the walls and used the columns and pillars! Very nice mooing work! The alcove area with the knights head and candle looks great! The bedroom looks very nice! Nice wall paneling you have used. It looks very nice how you have done the bed. The curtaining of the windows looks nice. Very nice exterior of the castle! The roofing looks great! It looks great how you have done the windows !
    It is great to see this update of your build and I will look forward to the next update! . Enjoy working on the build. :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    *pick jaw up from floor*

oh my ....

this is art
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳