Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BDS Sims Winter Fun 2013

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,646 Member
    edited January 2013
    marystarbright
    Right now I am in california at my sisters. I have been having health issues, But was always telling myself it would pass. When my sister saw me she was scared because I was thin but my belly looked like I was pregnant. In the past six months I thought of the VA, But thought I could not go to them for help because I only had 10 percent disability through them. My sister told me that because I am a veteran I could have been going to them for help this whole time. She took me to the VA hospital yesterday and after spending all day and all night in the ER, They told me I have ovarian cancer. I am scared and do not know what to do. My sister wants me to move back here with her but she cannot support me. I have like 3 months left on my lease for my apartment back in virginia. I am unemployed and with this cancer it is even more unlikely that I would be able to find a job. I cannot even count on my roommate to come up with her part of the rent and bills. Hopefully I will with my sisters help figure something out. I just needed to vent about this. I hope you guys do not mind.
    i send so many, many special thoughts to you. You will be in my prayers and thoughts, and i send you a virtual patchwork quilt to wrap you up in, that every square is your friends here who care about you and are thinking of you.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Mary, I can't imagine what you must be going through but you know you've got the support of this whole community! I'm sure you're a very strong cookie, I know you can fight this. As for the financial problem, I truly hope things work out... hopefully some of the advice these wonderful ladies gave can help. You can speak and vent on here all you want! We will listen. You'll be in my prayers, you won't go through this alone and without a good fight! Stay strong!
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,344 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Right now I am in california at my sisters. I have been having health issues, But was always telling myself it would pass. When my sister saw me she was scared because I was thin but my belly looked like I was pregnant. In the past six months I thought of the VA, But thought I could not go to them for help because I only had 10 percent disability through them. My sister told me that because I am a veteran I could have been going to them for help this whole time. She took me to the VA hospital yesterday and after spending all day and all night in the ER, They told me I have ovarian cancer. I am scared and do not know what to do. My sister wants me to move back here with her but she cannot support me. I have like 3 months left on my lease for my apartment back in virginia. I am unemployed and with this cancer it is even more unlikely that I would be able to find a job. I cannot even count on my roommate to come up with her part of the rent and bills. Hopefully I will with my sisters help figure something out. I just needed to vent about this. I hope you guys do not mind.

Oh Mary. I'm so sorry to hear that. :shock:
    Words don't come easy to me now. I send You all my best and good hope. Please keep us informed on your situation.
    Hugs
    Svend
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Thank you all for your kindness and prayers.

My sister and I are going to try and figure out what to do. I still need to see the gynecologic oncologists to see what they need to do to find out if the tumor is cancerous or benign. The doctor checking me was not optimistic about it though. Neither is my sister. I kept trying to come up with other reasons for my weight loss. that are more positive but she shot them all down. She took care of our mom who died of pancreatic cancer. Our mom waited till a couple of months before passing away to ask my sister for help and to tell her about the cancer.
    I am going to check into SSI and Disability to see if I can get financial aid that way. I am going to try to stay positive about this

I posted the above in the other thread, Then came and read this one. Thank you all for the advice. The lack of insurance is not the issue, As a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, I can go to Veterans Affairs (VA) and get the treatments and any needed surgery for free. I need to figure out though how to help with paying for gas, rent,food etc.... My sister is low income as I am. so that is a worry. I should be able to apply for food stamps and that would help with the food part of it. Social Security already sent me a letter awhile back that said enough was paid into it that when I turn 70 I will be able to retire with full benefits, But that is thirty years away. So I need to find a way to have money coming in. unfortunately most of my work experience is in jobs that are very physically demanding and when the doctor filled out the Discharge Instructions he put on there not to work for three months. Which for the work experience I have employers would not touch me with a ten foot pole in my condition and I am not good at secretary type work. I have to check into somethings so I need to go for now.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement
    :P
  • Options
    GemBobMarleyGemBobMarley Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh Mary i'm so saddened to hear this, its not nice for anybody. Keep strong, we will all be thinking of you xx
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ohh my sweet Mary, I'm soo terribly sorry to hear this latest news. I've had several people in my family go through cancer. I hope all goes well for you & that it is caught in time & you achieve a full remission. It has happened. Remember to keep the faith & stay positive. I send angels & blessings along with prayers for you. {huge tender hugs} Kitty
    29391.gif
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited January 2013
    Mary, I'm not really sure what to say, I'm at a loss. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this and i give you gentle hugs. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything is going to be alright.
    *hugs*
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2013
    MARY
    I don't know if this was mentioned but have you tried to apply for Social Security benefits? I don't usually put my job out in the open but I work for SSA. In certain situations (yours applies), you qualify for benefits and health insurance. Please go to the nearest Social Security office and apply for SSI (Supplemental Security Income)and SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) benefits.

You can start the application on-line at SocialSecurity.gov or call to set up an appointment speak with claims representative at 1-800-772-1213. Usually, you can get an appointment within the same week. Please try. Don't accept the response of there are no appointments. Sometimes, a certain offices' calendars cannot be accessed by the 800 operators but they can give you the phone number and address of the closest office.

Please let me know that you applied. My e-mail is in my "About Me".

I'm praying for you.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Mary!!!!! I am so sorry to hear that a wonderful person such as yourself has to go through all this stuff. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend and sending virtual Hugs and Healing vibes your way.

No need to apologize for venting, I do it all the time. Its a good way to get the anger out and we are always here to listen if you ever need us.

We miss seeing you so much, but take care of yourself first and know that you are are loved here. BIG, GIGANTIC HUGZ!!!!!

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

My sister and I are going to try and figure out what to do. I still need to see the gynecologic oncologists to see what they need to do to find out if the tumor is cancerous or benign. The doctor checking me was not optimistic about it though. Neither is my sister. I kept trying to come up with other reasons for my weight loss. that are more positive but she shot them all down. She took care of our mom who died of pancreatic cancer. Our mom waited till a couple of months before passing away to ask my sister for help and to tell her about the cancer.
    I am going to check into SSI and Disability to see if I can get financial aid that way. I am going to try to stay positive about this

I posted the above in the other thread, Then came and read this one. Thank you all for the advice. The lack of insurance is not the issue, As a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, I can go to Veterans Affairs (VA) and get the treatments and any needed surgery for free. I need to figure out though how to help with paying for gas, rent,food etc.... My sister is low income as I am. so that is a worry. I should be able to apply for food stamps and that would help with the food part of it. Social Security already sent me a letter awhile back that said enough was paid into it that when I turn 70 I will be able to retire with full benefits, But that is thirty years away. So I need to find a way to have money coming in. unfortunately most of my work experience is in jobs that are very physically demanding and when the doctor filled out the Discharge Instructions he put on there not to work for three months. Which for the work experience I have employers would not touch me with a ten foot pole in my condition and I am not good at secretary type work. I have to check into somethings so I need to go for now.

OH Mary my heart aches for you hon, If there was a way for you to move here to Norway, I'd take you in in a heartbeat hon. I know just how difficult it is to get disability (sadly it's usually drug addicts and alcoholics rate immediate assistence it seems), I do hope you are able to get the help you so need and that they are able to remove that tumor without spreading. Positive thinking hon, postive thinking. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister hon. Big squishy hugs ;)

angel_004.jpg
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm praying for you, and I hope you can do something about it. I'm not very good at words, I just wanted to let you know that we're here for you.
  • Options
    StarChildXenuStarChildXenu Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2013
    Mary, So sorry you are going through this. Prayers, love and gentle hugs to you.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited January 2013
    :P Thank You all for your wonderful words of encouragement, They give me more hope.

@ErnesaT: Thank You. I will be looking into that. :P

I will post when I find out more. It is going to be a long process.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited January 2013
    1067-003-26-1060.gif
    I'm so sadden to hear your news,I know that I can't possibley understand what your going through,all I can say is that I care.I only understand how it's been on the otherside of this coin when we found out my mom had cancer,we were terrified that we would lose her,when they went in and removed her lump from her breast they told us that they got it all.It's now been several years and she's been doing great with God's help.I will be praying that you get some good news like my mom did,and know that you've got friends that care and are cheering you on to victory.
  • Options
    MickieFoxMickieFox Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited January 2013
    Mary - So sorry to hear that you are going through such a horrible experience. Take from me, it's never easy. I have been diagnosed with cancer twice (the first time was 21 years ago and then again last year), so I know what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and do whatever it takes to beat it. I'm so glad that you have your sister to help you through it and to be there for you. It always helps to have that support system. Take care!
  • Options
    KosmopolitKosmopolit Posts: 602 Member
    edited February 2013
    Mary i send you the best DOC from the world!

lmcfpcst.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I am really sorry to hear you are not well. The best thing that you can do is keep your head up and try not to stress. Being stressed can really wreak havoc on your body while going through treatment :( You are right that you can get all of these benefits through the state. I am not sure how it works with veterans but you can also get free or low income housing when you go to apply for your food stamps. It depends whether or not the Republicans in your state decided to eliminate those programs this year in fear of losing their big fat pay checks for their vacation homes in the Bahamas grrrr.
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I amso sorry to hear this but I dont want to dwell on it, and Im sure neither do you. I just want to say keep your head UP dont panic! When you panic you drown and things start to fall apart and you (people) do stupid things. No matter how much they shoot you down YOU stay positive for yourself. As a man thinks so is he, so if you think your fine (even though you may not be) it will HELP aid in the recovery and keeping you sane! We are all here for you as you can see and I say(i cannot speak for anyone else) I will keep a postive and happy light around you (when speaking to you) I will be praying for your recovery and your health! Again stay happy stay postive and keep your head up :mrgreen:
    We love you :D
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited January 2013
    Aww I'm sorry to hear that you're going this. I'm praying that everything works out for you marystarbright. *hugs*
  • Options
    violagattiviolagatti Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

'm terribly sorry Mary, I did not understand all the details but I understand what it takes, I'm very sorry for you, you are closer (in spirit). I can not give you that information because our two countries are completely different and divided. But at least I would like to tell you that you are not alone, that you can talk and maybe this can help. I embrace you with all the strength and friendship that can withstand ♥

This is for you:

[Flash]http://youtube.com/v/4nbeG3YOjJg?version=3”width="640" height="480"[/flash]

• Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hun I don't know if this will help but I have a mother in law who has beat cancer 4 times now. I think if she can do it then so can you. Stay positive my dear as it does help. She is a real positive person and I think that has helped her alot. I am so sorry to hear that you are having to go through things like this. I know in my heart though things will work out for you hun. I will be praying for you my dear. We are here for you if you just need someone to talk to about it. Big Hugs sweetie.
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much friends for your words of encouragement to Mary. Now, I just thought that I'd throw a couple of riddles in here with a couple of the dresses from the new set as prizes. The first person to give the correct answer for the riddle wins.:D

riddlepic.gif

The first prize is going to be the St. Charles ball gown.

8411106433_a3b7e02c19_z.jpg

8411106287_08d472658d_z.jpg

Riddle #1: There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    123456123456123456123456123456123456 Posts: 104 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Riddle #1: There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?

Err..... A Watermelon?
  • Options
    Legendaryeagle25Legendaryeagle25 Posts: 9,014 Member
    edited January 2013
    A watermelon
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Oh my sweet sweet friend I can not imagine what you are going though but my thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie , think long and hard about staying with your sister I,m sure you can work something out you shound not be alone at a time like this you need your family , thinking of you and praying for a fast recovery *HUGS*