Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need in help. Rirow plagiarized Bangsain's house.

Comments

• Options
    EnyuEnyu Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2013
    ggoyam wrote:
    stilljustme2, thanks for the help.

to litabelaqua, See a link to a blog. He stole the house!
    Korean users from exechange error occurs frequently.
    So Bangsain failed to upload.
    you didn't understand what I was talking about.
    Get your fact straight.
    I'm sorry, but I'm so angry

for reference
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.kr/2012/09/moonlight-falls-huckleberry-lane.html

I HAVE got my facts straight.

You need to make sure your story ties up before you start creating a war. This is nt even your argument, I would have more sympathy if the person who allegedly built them first was complaining, but you are not even the builder!

There is way too much of this sort of argument , he stole this, they stole that. So what, if you read EA terms and conditions the only person who owns ANYTHING uploaded to this site is EA themselves.

Sadly you are very very true. But somethings in life you need to get stuff straight even though it's not yours anymore.
  • Options
    susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2013
    Enyu wrote:
    Seems like the gurus didn't listen to you and it looks like they won't listen now. Just one person reporting doesn't make a huge impact. :(
    That's true :s Hopefully this topic will make a lot of people report riorw!
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am sorry that ea does not listen. But reading their info on uploads, its nots yours or mine, its theirs. Which means we have no rights to it once its uploaded.

Its sad that things like this happen, and sadder that companies have to go this route so they don't have to deal with so and so stole something from me.

Still there is nothing you nor i can do , a theft or an upload, a download, any of it, its ea's. not ours once its uploaded.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited January 2013
    susaz wrote:
    Anyway I asked him if he's houses we're stolen from myskyring back in October, and he said that they are cousins and that she would have given permission to him (which obviously proves out to be a lie now). I already reported his houses back then though.

So its turns out that this is a family argument, these 2 are cousins? honestly it gets worse. You should sort your personal issues out between you, instead of bringing this sort of rubbish to the forum.

These are beautiful houses, and I dont doubt myskyring built them first, but why does the whole world have to get dragged into a family argument between 2 cousins? I think this is just a set up to get more downloads for the properties, we are all being taken for idiots here.

The whole thing stank when i realised myskyring uploaded their houses to the exchange only today just to turn this into a family war.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So its turns out that this is a family argument, these 2 are cousins? honestly it gets worse. You should sort your personal issues out between you, instead of bringing this sort of rubbish to the forum.

These are beautiful houses, and I dont doubt skyrim built them first, but why does the whole world have to get dragged into a family argument between 2 cousins? I think this is just a set up to get more downloads for the properties, we are all being taken for idiots here.
    No, no, no, they aren't really cousins! He was lying about that.
  • Options
    EnyuEnyu Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2013
    susaz wrote:
    Anyway I asked him if he's houses we're stolen from myskyring back in October, and he said that they are cousins and that she would have given permission to him (which obviously proves out to be a lie now). I already reported his houses back then though.

These are beautiful houses, and I dont doubt myskyring built them first, but why does the whole world have to get dragged into a family argument between 2 cousins? I think this is just a set up to get more downloads for the properties, we are all being taken for idiots here.

The whole thing stank when i realised myskyring uploaded their houses to the exchange only today just to turn this into a family war.

They aren't cousins. He was lying :/
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited January 2013
    HOw do you know for certain they are not cousins?

There is only 1 thing that can be proved here, riowr uploaded the Alchemists house in October, and Myskyring uploaded that house today.

That is the only thing that can be proved

A photoshopped in date ontop of a picture is not proof of anything, except that someone can type a date, that does not prove that the house was uploaded on that date.

It just stinks that myskyring uploads a house today and all hell breaks loose. There is a whole lot more to this than meets the eye.

I beleive there is a lot more going on behind the scene that we are NOT being told, in order to start a flame war on the forum. Like i said before we are being taken for idiots here
  • Options
    edited January 2013

There is only 1 thing that can be proved here, riowr uploaded the Alchemists house in October, and Myskyring uploaded that house today.

A photoshopped in date ontop of a picture is not proof of anything, except that someone can type a date, that does not prove that the house was uploaded on that date.

It just stinks that myskyring uploads a house today and all hell breaks loose. There is a whole lot more to this than meets the eye.

I beleive there is a lot more going on behind the scene that we are NOT being told, in order to start a flame war on the forum. Like i said before we are being taken for idiots here
    I'm certain they are NOT cousins. I asked him (in October) if his houses were stolen and this was his reply: "No, I'm not stole them:) it's our blog (acctually it's my cousin's). But I'm already told her. If I lie, I will lost my TS3 tonight, I'm promised! ;) You can ask her in her blog:)" -- Yet in the blog there's a link to this topic showing what a thief and liar riorw is. It's not that hard to realize riorw was lying about everything, come on now..
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wernardo wrote:
    Why does JCsS1MS want to have this topic closed?

Anyway, people who steal other people's work and make it as their own are a real pain in the <insert whatever here>!!!

It should be closed because the fact is that people are going to argue and it is not a positive topic.

Also, I'm pretty certain in one of my posts I made myself clear on why this thread should be closed.
    susaz wrote:

These are beautiful houses, and I dont doubt skyrim built them first, but why does the whole world have to get dragged into a family argument between 2 cousins? I think this is just a set up to get more downloads for the properties, we are all being taken for idiots here.

Doesn't matter if they are or are not cousins, this matter should have been dealt with privately and kept out of the forums. I am not berating the OP either just stating this should have been kept out of the forums since there are many different ways to contact/inform people.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    myskyringmyskyring Posts: 5
    edited January 2013

I do not speak English.
    Is all about ... thank
    ggoyam, she helped me there is no way to solve.
    Ago, on the official website used to house Exchange.
    See my studio.
    To upload, errors were common.
    So I did not upload.
    But hard to house personal blog.
    riorw, he was my house, download and modify them, and upload.
    Wrote a message on his page.
    Stole my house, I said.
    However, it has not been resolved.

I asked for help to her.
    She is not a third party.
    We made ​​to the World.
    We are a team.

Is very unpleasant.
    Due to the low user, my effort was a mess.
    Shut off my blog in order to prevent other damage.
    Also created a new house, I will not be uploaded.

Because of one person, a house with a lot of people will not be shared.
    Four house because he had freely upload, 100 houses were buried.
    The new house, I decided to not upload.

Really angry.

Still writes Google Translator
    I can only Korean because
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2013
    I feel very badly for the person whose work was stolen and I see no reason why they shouldn't be "outed" on this forum. Not all posts have to be positive. Sometimes, it takes a post for the gurus or those in charge to notice that something bad is going on. Lord knows EA doesn't pay much attention otherwise.

It's too bad there isn't more that can be done about people who steal others' hard work. Sorry to hear this happened.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited January 2013
    The whole EULA is the reason I stopped uploading. Once I realised that anyone can play the awesome creator with stuff other people put together I closed shop.

Now Every once in a while I upload some bland stuff for which I don't care what people do with it, but stuff that I worked long on and love will never be shared.

McBain Hill will never be made available for that reason.

It is worth noticing that even stuff you make available off-site still belongs to EA, since everything you create within the TS3 framework is EA's property. When you keep your builds to yourself, that's the only way to make sure they stay in your possession.

It's better to create step by step tutorials to teach people how to build like you, but who wants to sit at their computers for hours on end to create tutorials? I myself rather play the game. ^^
  • Options
    yuzrokyuzrok Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2013
    Is editing a sim/avatar then posting it but saying that you just edited it you didn't create it stealing? random question
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited January 2013
    yuzrok wrote:
    Is editing a sim/avatar then posting it but saying that you just edited it you didn't create it stealing? random question

No, since you can't steal anything that the lawful owner, EA, has full control over and made available to be freely shared within their community-network.

Anything you see on ts3.com, and for that matter anything created with TS3, does not belong to the uploader but to EA.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited January 2013
    The problem here is the EULA and morality are in conflict.

It's just fine by the EULA to download something from the Exchange and turn around and upload it again under your own name with no credit.

However, Simmers find it morally wrong to do so and tend to crucify anyone who is accused of it.

It is basically left to EA as to whether or not it should be taken down or not. Chances are since the house was posted by the original creator on another site that EA will most likely let the stolen work stay up. It can't be proven that the blog wasn't dated for the past or edited. I'm not saying that's what happened or what didn't happen. Just seeing it through EA's eyes.

myskyring, if you see this, I'm sorry this one user ruined your experience with the Exchange. I hope that one day in the future you feel brave enough to share your creations with the rest of us again. From what I saw, they looked beautifully created.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I made that I can not say that I have created, it is indeed stifling
    Disclosed outside the blog was uploaded on the official website, this case did not suffer.

I'm sick.

Can create another similar house and steal the house.
    Because my style.

But ...

I do not want to create a house.
    Unpleasant and angry.

Be resolved as a matter of language, Stretched, and asked for help.
    I'm sorry to my friends who helped me.

My blog is

http://myskyring.blog.me

• Options
    edited January 2013
    한글을 읽을 수 있다면 읽어 주세요.

남의 집 4개를 농락하듯 고쳐 올려놓고, 자신이 만들었다는 외국의 유저 하나 때문에 저는 100개가 넘는 집을 비공개했습니다. 오류가 잦아서 공식홈에페이지로의 업로드도 쉽지 않았기에 올리기를 중단했던 잘못도 있습니다만....

그로 인해, 나의 집을 공유하는 이웃들과 친구들은 그 피해를 겪었습니다.

그가 한국어를 할 수 있다면, 내 소중한 친구에게 도움을 청하면서까지 대응하지는 않았습니다.
    나의 시간과 노력을 망가뜨린 그에게 물어보고 싶군요.

생각을 못 할 나이도 아닌데, 양심이 있냐고...

• Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Just wanna say that these houses made by myskyring are the most beautiful houses I have ever seen for the game! Clearly a LOT of effort and time went into creating these. But then some idiot comes along and says he made it? Not cool at all!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

My Mediafire Upload date is here.

http://myskyring.blog.me/140177939470

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2013
    The whole EULA is the reason I stopped uploading. Once I realised that anyone can play the awesome creator with stuff other people put together I closed shop.

Now Every once in a while I upload some bland stuff for which I don't care what people do with it, but stuff that I worked long on and love will never be shared.

McBain Hill will never be made available for that reason.

It is worth noticing that even stuff you make available off-site still belongs to EA, since everything you create within the TS3 framework is EA's property. When you keep your builds to yourself, that's the only way to make sure they stay in your possession.

It's better to create step by step tutorials to teach people how to build like you, but who wants to sit at their computers for hours on end to create tutorials? I myself rather play the game. ^^

It is sad that beautiful works has to be closed to the forum but with the rash of plagarisms I would be doing the same to protect what is mine.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2013
    yuzrok wrote:

I would say no, you made it known that it was not yours, but you made a change to it. Unfortunately, some people do not do this and just copy other people works and say it is thiers. EA does sometimes delete the perp work if it is found it was copied. However, as it had been said all works belong to EA in the end.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited January 2013
    myskyring wrote:
    I do not speak English.
    Is all about ... thank
    ggoyam, she helped me there is no way to solve.
    Ago, on the official website used to house Exchange.
    See my studio.
    To upload, errors were common.
    So I did not upload.
    But hard to house personal blog.
    riorw, he was my house, download and modify them, and upload.
    Wrote a message on his page.
    Stole my house, I said.
    However, it has not been resolved.

I asked for help to her.
    She is not a third party.
    We made ​​to the World.
    We are a team.

Is very unpleasant.
    Due to the low user, my effort was a mess.
    Shut off my blog in order to prevent other damage.
    Also created a new house, I will not be uploaded.

Because of one person, a house with a lot of people will not be shared.
    Four house because he had freely upload, 100 houses were buried.
    The new house, I decided to not upload.

Really angry.

Still writes Google Translator
    I can only Korean because

I am really sorry your work was stolen, and I wish there was more that could be done. Keep creating, keep sharing.... Don't let others (Stealers) take your creativity from you. You do create beautiful houses. :) I hope you have a good day, and thank you for posting here to clear things up.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    to the Korean builder: sorry this happened to you.

this sort of thing sucks. reported the user for you
  • Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:
    Your fine, people report this on here all the time. I think that is all you can really do. Oh, and at the bottom of the plagiarized lot on the exchange is a "Report Item" button or something like it. Click that and see what you get.

The thing is people shouldn't report it on here. This should be taken to the gurus and other TS3 employees in a private manner.

I disagree. Fakers should be exposed and publicly humiliated. From what I could see, riowr stole these from the Mediafire site before uploading to the exchange as his own work. Thats not plagiarism, that's outright theft.

R47 8)
  • Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Wernardo wrote:
    Why does JCsS1MS want to have this topic closed?

Anyway, people who steal other people's work and make it as their own are a real pain in the <insert whatever here>!!!

It should be closed because the fact is that people are going to argue and it is not a positive topic.

Also, I'm pretty certain in one of my posts I made myself clear on why this thread should be closed.
    susaz wrote:

Doesn't matter if they are or are not cousins, this matter should have been dealt with privately and kept out of the forums. I am not berating the OP either just stating this should have been kept out of the forums since there are many different ways to contact/inform people.

In YOUR opinion. Just as anyone who disagrees with YOUR opinion has the right to THEIR opinion. I get the idea that people don't like being barked at by a pseudo-moderator. Your comments have inflamed this thread more than any other.

R47 8)