Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Types

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Plantsim result:
    Normal baby. I was a bit dissapointed, would have been nice if the baby had green skintone and water needs when they aged up, but nope all normal.

RlKbqAG.png
    QWK6ZI9.png
    c681qkY.png
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Okay thanks for the testing.
    I personally love doing the generations, unfortunately I rarely get past second gen. I get too attached to the founding sim/s.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Okay thanks for the testing.
    I personally love doing the generations, unfortunately I rarely get past second gen. I get too attached to the founding sim/s.

It was a huge pleasure, I enjoyed the tests very much and learned a lot too :) I do the same, I get stuck playing the same generation, as they get old I panic they will die and put the aging off LOL
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    My favorite baby type is:

Someone Else's.

:lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Carry on!

ROFL Thanks for my morning chuckle!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited June 2022
    Mostly annoying type but thats very realistic :blush:

do animal babies count i like animal babies better yes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    Human-Alien/Part Alien hybrids.

These sims grow up with alien skintones, but otherwise look human. They can have some alien interactions, such as secret handshake, but not all of them.

You can also have alien hybrid occults, but I'm not sure if you get any alien powers/interactions in those cases. Usually I think you just get the skintones.
  • Options
    flaresimsflaresims Posts: 30 Member
    Spellcaster babies and ghost babies i think
    𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓼
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I don't focus a lot on babies, but now you got me curious: Does merpeople babies have any particular features, as baby or toddler?

I have a mermadic couple in one save who had twins. Both babies turned out green, which was odd because the mother is turquoise and the father is lilac (both parents have mer occult skin colours and mermaid eyes). The toddlers, unfortunately have no mermadic features at all (not even in CAS), though they did both change to their mother's skin colour when they aged up from babies.
    I'm not sure if the green baby skin was a glitch or not.
    I have also had a vampire couple spontaneously produce a blue child when I accidentally left aging on for the entire neighborhood. The father is blue. Yet when I tried to get the same result from a green vampire father, the baby was one of the regular vampire skin tones instead.
    Think it varies what you get. I quite enjoy seeing the genetic variations though.
  • Options
    Hey sorry I haven't been on in awhile. We had a small house fire and have had to put all of our efforts into getting a new safer place to live. So games were out of the question. Anyway, things have settled back down and we're in a semi-safe situation while trying to get something more permanent.

That being said, I got back on and turned Rohan into a merman so I could get a merchild between him and his hubby, Corbin. Well, Corbin got pregnant and they just returned from the hospital with their twins... yes, I said twins! This unexpected turn of events answered one question I'd always had. Will there be opposite sex twins? I've only ever had twins and triplets of the same gender. Well, can't say THAT anymore!

But a new question arises, when will I know if all of this was worth it? Will either or both be merbabies? Any answers?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hey @PenguinFoop , I have no idea about your question, but wanted to say sorry about your house fire, no house fire is small. I know from helping my aunt and uncle clean up after a "small" house fire some years ago. I hope everything settles down the way you want it to.
  • Options
    Hey @PenguinFoop , I have no idea about your question, but wanted to say sorry about your house fire, no house fire is small. I know from helping my aunt and uncle clean up after a "small" house fire some years ago. I hope everything settles down the way you want it to.

Thanks. Yeah, it was small in scale but in affect it was pretty major. Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited July 2022
    When they age up to toddler you'll be able to tell. I can't remember offhand if the needs icon on the right will be a mermaid tail already at that stage or if you have to check in CAS. They won't actually be any different from normal sims until they're teens, but they will show as occult in CAS.
    Also, sorry to hear about your fire. Good luck to you and your household recovering and finding a new place!
  • Options
    Daephene wrote: »
    When they age up to toddler you'll be able to tell. I can't remember offhand if the needs icon on the right will be a mermaid tail already at that stage or if you have to check in CAS. They won't actually be any different from normal sims until they're teens, but they will show as occult in CAS.
    Also, sorry to hear about your fire. Good luck to you and your household recovering and finding a new place!

I saved the game then aged them up. It turns out that as you said, the only way to tell is in CAS. I then exited to main menu and without thinking, saved over the alt save. Ugh. I had to reload the original which was way back to when I first turned Rohan into a merman in the first place.

So now I have to go through it all again because I also had done testingcheats to test the age of my butler since I wasn't going to keep this save anyway. I had set my butler's age to YA through the main map manage households menu so that was good but I was curious if the younger ages would still keep his job. Child does not. Lol I ended up with a child living rent free in my house that I had no control over. It was as if he had the roommate status without the rent obligation.

I doubt it would be different with teen so didn't even bother with that one. At least child labor laws are in affect. Lol
  • Options
    So it's happened! I met a lovely merman (okay so he is the brother of my former butler). Hopefully this union will result in a merchild, if not I have a back up plan. Literally, I will back up to a previous save until it happens.

Unfortunately, my family also knows Adriel and this is why that's a bad thing:

zLDjakA.png

Adriel (Right) called my alien teen son, Damen (Left). I have a bad feeling about this...
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2022
    My spellcaster sim had three kids with her hubby. Sadly none of them carry her magical ability but all have the 'Weak Bloodline' trait. Her youngest nephew has the Dormant Wolf trait and so he'll become a werewolf in his teens. I'm debating on making his older brother a werewolf, like their dad, and his two older sisters into spellcasters, like their aunt.

ETA: The teen in my avi is Hadley Cole! She may end up a spellcaster since the 'gene' comes from her father's side, via his late-mother, who actually 'stripped' herself of her power when she married her late-husband.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @HillyBeth I haven't played with Spellcasters enough yet to understand your phrasing. Hopefully it will make more sense over time, when I do the Spellcaster child. I just need to get the merbaby first.