March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Types

Hey y'all I have an interesting question. What are the different types of babies available in Sims 4?

I know there are:
Human
Vampire
Alien
Merfolk

But what other types are available? Ghost? Plant? Others?

Please help!

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Spellcaster babies
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, for most of my gameplay, basically Hybrids. That's when you use the cheat codes to add on another occult & another & another so that your sims is extremely powerful.
    Unfortunately, Mermaids don't always work out that way. Oh, & by the way I only play vanilla, no mods of any kind. :p
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Okay so Spellcaster babies too. The hybrids thing isn't really gonna work for me but thanks for the info.

I'm doing my own challenge. I want my sim to have one of each type of baby. So far, we have an alien, human and vampire. So I need the spellcaster, merchild and hopefully ghost and plant.

Is this possible? And that's why I need to know what types are available.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    Okay so Spellcaster babies too. The hybrids thing isn't really gonna work for me but thanks for the info.

I'm doing my own challenge. I want my sim to have one of each type of baby. So far, we have an alien, human and vampire. So I need the spellcaster, merchild and hopefully ghost and plant.

Is this possible? And that's why I need to know what types are available.

Ghost and plant babies don’t exist, but children can be ghosts.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Oh okay. Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure about them. So the baby types that can be born are:
    Human
    Alien
    Merfolk
    Vampire
    Spellcaster

That's all of them, right?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,667 Member
    edited May 2022
    Edit: I was wrong.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Not really a “type” of baby/child like the others on your list, but there is also Father Winter’s child which comes with a special trait.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I think you're thinking toddlers.
    Babies are all the same. The ones that come with bassinets are more likely to become vampire toddlers (not always though), and the ones in spellcaster bassinets are more likely to become spellcaster toddlers. But all babies are the same -- furniture.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My favorite baby type is:

Someone Else's.

:lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Carry on!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    This is actually a very interesting question if you mean babies and not toddlers. I am thinking you will get the answer if the game has to provide a crib. Human babies should have the normal default crib, vampires should have the vampire one, spell casters should have the spell caster one and aliens should have the alien crib. I am not sure of mermaids or hybrids though. I would like to test this, I have a little free time on my hand so will see what I come up with ;)
    First test. Two spellcasters had a baby and it was given this crib (I let the labor moodlet run out and then the crib appeared by itself), so I can say that this is a Spellcaster baby ;)
    JESx4qa.png

Two vampires up next ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @mcrudd very interesting
    When my Victor Feng had his alien baby via abduction, the default (non-alien) bassinet automatically appeared.

gen3-banner.png
    @mcrudd very interesting
    When my Victor Feng had his alien baby via abduction, the default (non-alien) bassinet automatically appeared.

I have had that too, but I however now had two vampires and a normal crib, I aged the baby up and he was a toddler vampire, so I am going to retest that one and see what happens a second time. I just need to feed my real life kids first LOL
    Mmmm it happened again, I think I will have the baby at hospital this time round and see what happens.
    Aaaah success. She had the baby at the hospital and when she returned home she had a little vampire crib. Which completely surprised me :D
    kzuX5Vk.png

Aliens up next
    edited May 2022
    How frustrating. Alien birth at home and alien birth at hospital did not give the alien crib. I am going to try again, this alien kept having twins which might affect it as well. They also looked like aliens but they did not have the alien clothes on, although when aged up they were alien, so that might have something to do with it too. Trying a whole new alien couple now.
    Nope no luck, this time the baby had the alien clothes on, but still no alien crib, will give it one more go then its bedtime for me.
    r3XAu9y.png
    ok did not work with two more tries, I might try to download an abducted pregnant sim and see what happens when he gives birth.
    edited May 2022
    So this I don't understand. I downloaded a sim that was pregnant from abduction. The sim gave birth to a baby boy and got the alien crib. However the baby is not alien, and the pop up message said it was. I am not sure if the alieness was lost in the gallery transfer, but got the crib none the less.

sKBSXdv.png

edit to add
    Just aged the baby and he is a normal human, nothing alien at all.

edit again to add
    the same thing happened again, I think tomorrow I will play a scientist male and let him get abducted.
    edited June 2022
    Still testing the cribs vs baby type theory. I had a male scientist give birth to an alien baby from abduction and got the special alien crib. I guess if you just have normal alien births from woohoo your chances of getting the special crib and special birth certificate is by chance.

NOskMIC.png

edit to add

I love how the alien birth certificate glows in the dark
    wyGkBTi.png
    I will test mermaid babies next, although I do know they don't have a special little crib. But will be nice to see our mermaid babies not being left out :)
    As we thought, mermaid babies get the base game crib, but I did not want them to feel out, so gave them a little scales outfit LOL
    fezUocO.png
    So in conclusion, the definite baby types are

human (basegame crib)
    mermaid (basegame crib)
    vampire (vampire crib)
    spellcaster (spellcaster crib)
    alien (alien crib) But super buggy at the moment

I know ghost babies don't exist. I have never tried with plantsims, so might do that a bit later, I have lots of forbidden fruits in my gallery ;)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't focus a lot on babies, but now you got me curious: Does merpeople babies have any particular features, as baby or toddler?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I don't focus a lot on babies, but now you got me curious: Does merpeople babies have any particular features, as baby or toddler?

I have not really noticed big differences as babies and toddlers, besides the cribs. I wish our merebabies had their own crib, but hey its ok. I am going to try and test the plantsim baby theory today. Just need to do a few things around the house first :)