Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you played the Sims 4 for?

How long have you played this game for?
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

How long have you played the Sims 4 for? 126 votes

Less then a month!
0%
Sorak4 1 vote
1-5 months!
0%
5 months to 1 year
0%
1 to 3 years
12%
OnverserLatinaBunnyDaWaterRatL33tP33tNWQueenSaraphineSthenastiaIsharellHandelRay_TraceEternalSunshinemightyspriteTammorsSkyrryxHavenRoseMoonlightGrahamChaotic_Moira 16 votes
3 to 5 years
11%
Akl500PLyrieRedShoe7ShadowmarkedJasonschick80GlacierSnowhaisinnetney52EnnaelSapphire769pieka33Umbreon12VeeDubfae_brass 14 votes
5 to 7 years
9%
auroraael14CamkatPeachesnDucksbixtersCAPTAIN_NXR7sinnyonceMonaveilxxxsillysimsAtreya33SeashoreLiviaPlumbeebAaleyn 12 votes
Over 7 years
65%
crocobauraBluegayleSimCrazybshag4lvKita5399Boondoggle1960GalacticGalIcewolfAlexairudolphaJueJueSimsILikeSimsTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917keekee53asimbsimbabajayneelanorbretonhaneul 83 votes

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since September 2014. ;)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    Since (I can't remember month) 2000 Oops didn't see you asked about 4 specifically. I got 4 when it was released.
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Over 7 years
    Same here...9/2014. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Over 7 years
    I've been playing since TS2.
    He/Him
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    Sims 4, since day one.

The Sims as a franchise, since 2010. I always thought I came in on the middle of the run with TS3 as the current version of the series. I got started when Ambitions came out, I got TS3 and that pack together. I just looked up the timeline of releases, and lo and behold I was in almost from the beginning with TS3. I got them in August of 2010 and only now learned how early in the life of TS3 that was.

Learned something new today, my concept of time is out of whack.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    At least 10 years total. I started with TS3. I held off on TS4 until it had some additional gameplay over and above the base game. When there was enough content for me to play my style, I added TS4, so about 6-7 years for it. I alternated between them for a while, but now mostly play TS4.
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since first release--playing in total since The Sims 1 Unleashed
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    3 to 5 years
    For Sims 4 I have been playing it on and off since 2018. Did a complete overhaul with my game a year later, and play it more oftern.
    Counting Sims 2, it would be over 7 years with me playing the Sim in general.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Over 7 years
    Been playing since the Cas demo release before the game came out officially ;)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Sims 4 helped me and my teen survive 2020.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    Over 7 years since The Sims 4 first came out & I’ve been playing the franchise since the Sims 1 back in 2000. :)
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Technically I started playing (Sims 4) two years ago. But I only played for a few months, then went back to Sims 3 for about another year. So I really have only been playing consistently for about a year. I saw something about Cottage Living being released, and that made me want to try the game out again.

I never intended to play Sims 4 at all. Once they announced it was not open world before it was released I decided I would skip it, and hope 5 would be open world again. The only reason I decided to play it was because I thought 5 would be coming soon, and I wanted to adjust to any new game mechanics and the UI in case some of it carried into Sims 5. Then they announced 5 wasn't coming soon, and I was like wth!?

In any case, I'm enjoying it for now, and I really like some of the newer features, but overall it is not as good as it's predecessors.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    5 to 7 years
    Since May 2017,so just reached the 5 years. But I played sims 2 massively and sims 3 a little before so I went for 5 to 7 rather than 3 to 5 years.

I started as soon as I heard about the toddler update, which was a couple of months after the actual update.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    1 to 3 years
    My mum passed away July almost 3 years ago. I remember getting Sims 4 some months after and my first sim had a child, they aged up and suddenly the mother died 😅 and I remembered I was like “this was not what I needed right now” But atleast I could keep the mum around as a ghost. Which gave me some kind of comfort.

Besides that, it has helped me through so many bad times through the past years simply by letting me forget about the outside world and just “live” in sims and get lost in building.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Over 7 years
    played since the sims first came out.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since the beginning. I was of course only five at the time but still remember and still had just as much fun. :)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since November, 2000. We bought The Sims for my oldest daughter's 13th birthday. Fast forward almost 22 years later, she doesn't play anymore but I still do every day barring; acts of nature, computer malfunctions and vacations. :)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Got the game on release, but didn't properly get into it until 2019
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Over 7 years
    Since Sims 1, when you had to get the hard copy... Lol!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    1 to 3 years
    Technically, I've been playing Sims 4 since 2019. However, I bought the game back in 2015, but as they say, Life Happened, and I only played for a few weeks, and actually forgot I owned it. Once I started playing again I fell back in love with this game.

I was a dedicated Sims 1 and Sims 2 player, have played Sims Stories, Sims Castaway and Sims Medieval. Castaway and Medieval were both fabulous. I never got into Sims 3, and only stopped playing S2 because I hadn't the patience to wait 30 minutes to change screens anymore.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Over 7 years
    Isharell wrote: »
    Technically, I've been playing Sims 4 since 2019. However, I bought the game back in 2015, but as they say, Life Happened, and I only played for a few weeks, and actually forgot I owned it. Once I started playing again I fell back in love with this game.

I was a dedicated Sims 1 and Sims 2 player, have played Sims Stories, Sims Castaway and Sims Medieval. Castaway and Medieval were both fabulous. I never got into Sims 3, and only stopped playing S2 because I hadn't the patience to wait 30 minutes to change screens anymore.

I adored Sims Castaway and Sims Medieval!!!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    Over 7 years
    I played the original SimCity at some point on a relative's computer, but sadly didn't really get in until partway into Sims 2. Some quick detective work, carry the one, square root of a llama, and... 2005, I think?

*shakes cane at kids* Back in my day, canes were used to set walk styles! And you needed a loading screen to visit next door! Well, I guess that came full circle, but you get the point. *shakes cane again*

Edit: My daughter brought home Sims 4 on release, but it took her a while to convert me. I still get bored of Sims 4 gameplay, but the building mechanics are the bees' knees!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Over 7 years
    I've been playing since Sims 1 and got 4 on release.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    1 to 3 years
    I played the original SimCity at some point on a relative's computer

We had SimTown when I was a kid, played it so much! This was like 25 years ago and I don’t remember much from it :(

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    5 to 7 years
    I bought and played The Sim 4 at least a year after release. Up until then I was still exploring Sims 3, which I discovered in 2013. The latter also happened to be my very first major Sims game. I’d come across the mobile versions of sims and sims medieval just before that, in the same year.
    And before THAT…..I was a lot wilder but also a LOT more productive. I’d say the sims games tamed me. 😅