Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long Have You Been Playing Your Favorite Save?

Β«13
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,929 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
Saw a comment in another thread that made me curious.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

How Long Have You Been Playing Your Favorite Save?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    4-6 months
    Mine is the first new save I started since the game released, so it's only a few months old now.

The one I played before this was just over 7 years old when I retired it though. I retired that save because I had just gotten a bunch of new packs all at once (and thus new worlds) and I decided that if I was going to have that many worlds to give a refresh treatment I may as well do them all, taking advantage of all the new pack content in every lot of every world, basically.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    4-5 years
    My favourite save is one I started in 2018 just after Seasons released. I had only recently gotten into ts4 again after a couple of years not playing and I'd only really made short-lived saves before, but for some reason I became fascinated with the personalities of the premade characters from the Seasons gameplay trailer, so when Maxis uploaded them to the gallery I started a new legacy save with them straight away and am still playing with their descendants today. I'm at nine generations so far. Progress happens pretty slowly in my game because I get too attached to my sims and never want to move on :D
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    1-2 years
    It's actually hard to say. I have so many saves that I like, and I don't really have a single favorite. Of the saves I currently have, the longest running one is over 2 years old, I think. But not all of that time was contiguous play. I rotate saves depending on what I'm in the mood for at any given time, so no idea if any of them would truly count for this poll. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    1-3 months
    Sadly, I suffer from restartitis. This time could be the one and only save though... πŸ˜„
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    More than 7 years
    Same save since I bought the game.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    7 months to 1 year
    I've been having the most fun with my Bollywood save. It's my middle save right now, so not the oldest or my newest. With this save I spent a lot of time adding celebrities, townies, extended family with decorated homes,sims from my other saves, as well as customizing the story settings for all unplayed sims. It's also my save with the most atmosphere as I have 2 to 3 clubs set to show up at all community lots.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited April 2022
    More than 7 years
    Sort of.

Some of the same sims are the same from 7 years ago but they have been imported after I had a hardware crash some years ago. So my save have some sims that are more or less the same sims that I created back in 2014.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    More than 7 years
    Same save since I bought the game.

Same except I started my save with the free trial before I even bought the game :D
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,187 Member
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    3-4 years
    Started it in January 2019 after getting seasons for Christmas. I had been on a break from the game and wasn't enthused about my older saves so I started my rotational one and that's mostly the one I still play.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    2-3 years
    This is off and on but when clearing saves it always stays.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    1-2 years
    I have to say 1-2 years. I owned the game as early as 2018, but deleted my first few families. I stopped playing for a bit, before restarting from scratch, as well has having more packs.
    I have over 10 save files including my PS4 and PC, with a bit more planned.
    My favorite save file is one that I tend to also use as my pack testing save file. Any new thing I plan on doing, or a new pack I get, gets explored in that file. Also, things I get from the Gallery are often tested there as well, if a get a mall type lot, etc.
    The file is 1-2 years old, because I tend to go back to it.
    A recent couple save files are slowly catching up to it, though.
    I am doing a scenario with the 1 million simoleons, and my Sim got married to Clement Frost. I plan to make a legacy out of that when I finish the scenario.
    Another save file is on my PC, which is based on K/DA/League of Legends. I have one Sim named Evelyn having children with Don Lothario. I plan for the two of them to technically be part of a legacy, even if they aren't married.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    5-6 years
    I would say 6-7, but I rebooted my sims in 2017 and I aged them all down to toddlers and gave them parents in CAS.
    I have been playing them off and on since then, waiting for certain EPs to come out, or testing out new packs on new saves before using them with my main save.

I am progressing all of them to create a master save game. When I want to start a new save, I will use it to make a copy.
    A third of them are in prep-school, Uni', or graduated from Uni'. This is the first time in The Sims that I will probably be playing the same sims from the beginning to end of the series.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,976 Member
    edited April 2022
    1-2 years
    Since June 2020 or so
    changed computer back then

and forgot to copy my tray files so i have no idea what i was up to until that (well aside from forum posts and that one vlad save i had before)

but yeah basically since then I started new save and I've been building this one save up with more and more lots and households making it mine

also used to suffer from restartitis but i haven't for a while after i started this save cause im playing all and any household i want whenever i want in same save instead of starting new save
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    1-3 months
    I think my current save is around a couple of months old. I deleted all my other saves, so I only have one save now. My favorite save is the one I had just before my computer crashed and unfortunately I lost it because I didn't back it up properly. Since then, I lost the feeling of being attached to any new saves and I adopted a kind of gameplay where I create and scratch saves often and play very randomly, but I have enjoyed this new way of playing. One thing I really like about starting fresh with all the premade Sims and house lots is that I can design them over again, play their careers and stories again etc. I've been thinking all week of scratching my current one for a new one as this save is starting to feel a bit stale, so I think I will do that today.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    2-3 years
    My current save is my second save since I've had the game. The first one I messed up because I didn't completely understand MCCC settings.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,673 Member
    1-2 years
    My current save is a continuation of a previous save that got zapped with my old computer. Together they’re a little over a year old.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    2-3 years
    My current and only save is almost three years old.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    edited April 2022
    More than 7 years
    It's just a bit over 7 years.
    I had just bought myself Sims 4 and I fell in love with it immediately. I bought also the Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work packs. GTW had just been released and I created a scientist Erik Tuuli and he turned out to be the Sim with the most amazing personality. I loved playing with his character so much that I spent many hours every day playing his story.
    I still play that save and at some point there were problems, I thought the whole save had been corrupted, but now it seems to work fine. I always get excited to play with Erik and his family. He's a grandfather now, but he's still an adult (because of the few youth potions that I've made him drink). Now I'm finally ready to let him age up and when he will eventually pass away I can continue playing with his ghost by adding him back to the family. I just never want to give up playing with his character.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    1-2 years
    I used to create lots of saves, one for each new story I played. A little over a year ago I got tired of making the same changes to the world over and over again (add restaurants, retail lots, change the sages, edit some of the premade townies, set up holidays ...) so I created my own starter save. I added sims from previous saves. Which means my save is a little over a year but some of the inhabitants are 3 or 4 years in my game already. The idea was to use this starter save for new stories to play but when I added sims from different previous saves, I enjoyed having them all around so I now stick to this one save.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    6-7 years
    No idea on the exact date or even year but I know it's been a LONG time since I started my Not So Berry save. I play it to this day and it's the most fun I've had with the game.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    4-5 years
    I chose 4-5 years because I have a few custom template saves that I use to start every gameplay and one of them is 4+ years old. When we're talking about playing with one certain household over time, or households if you play rotational, I would've picked 1-2 years. I played with my own challenge Sim last year every day for a year, and with a new Sim in a new save for the same challenge almost 4 months now. I'll be playing him every day this year. :)

Previous saves for other challenges lasted anywhere from a couple weeks to several months, but playing with my own challenge saves have been the longest I've ever played with one household in a save. :)

I have another save for the Build-N-Share challenge that was started over 7 years ago, but I wouldn't count that one as my oldest because I don't consistently play it unless entering a round for the challenge. The last time I entered a build for the challenge was over three years ago.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    1-2 years
    1-2 years, but I have to qualify that---I've only been playing TS4 for that long, so one of my saves is from the beginning
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    4-6 months
    Five months this week...but I'm even newer to TS4 than @Nate_Whiplash1. I haven't been playing TS4 for a year yet.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 376 Member
    6-7 years
    Until recently my fav saved file was my legacy save file but it and a few others got accidently deleted off my son's desktop before I could copy them onto a new usb drive as the original usb drive which I got for Xmas 2021 stopped working in and where is I back up my saves or make copies when going between my laptop and his desktop.
    My newest save file is Scenarios where I play the scenarios and c.c. scenarios on
    Besides these two I have a royal save file, challenges, and shell challenges save files and spin offs if I decided wanted to have the offspring from one of these a new life then they have know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top