Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate the "Kit" category

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    There is only 1 kit so far that has interested me (Carnival Street), but looking at the amount of content in the kits for the price, kits need more items. Where I live kits are more than half the price of a stuff pack and have about 1 third of the content. It would be better if the CAS kits had more CAS items than how much CAS items would come in a stuff pack. Same for Build Buy items.

I do like that vacuuming did come on it's own in a Kit and not added to the basegame or part of a larger pack. It means that since I do not want it in my game I can simply not get it. Same goes for why I like that Laundry came in its own stuff pack.

With the CAS and Build Buy kits, my biggest reluctance to get any is can I justify spending money on things for Sims that add nothing more than cosmetics to my game. I didn't get any stuff packs until I learnt they came with some gameplay element. Maybe if kits came on sale like the other packs then I may be able to justify getting it.

I would like for kits to add things that are more than clothes or furniture. An example of a Kit I would like to see is an aquarium kit with different sizes of aquariums ranging from the 1 square aquarium from Sims 1 to a full wall height of 4 or 5 tiles in length and in which the bigger the aquarium the more fish it can hold.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    More fluff to add to the uncontrollable spiral into less gameplay, less EPs, less actual gameplay. Who even thought of the idea that there was a need for a 4th flavor of DLC?
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    As A concept I think the kits are annoying. I much rather have the developers spend their time making actual game packs with a lot of content AND new gameplay. A few kits, like some of the clothes ones are fine, but it should not be the norm just making tiny kits.

The actual kits have nice stuff and I enjoy using some of them, I haven't bought them all, but I would prefer that they where made as actual packs with a lot more items in it. Like the botanical Kit and the new Max Kit - I could use them as a proper pack with SO much more content.

They could be combined with new gameplay in relation to expanding the decorater and botanist careers, gardening and lifestyles. -Like having sims tending indoor plants (imagine if they could grow bigger and take over the house if you dont tend to them!!! If you leave a house with "active"plants in the right environment, they should overgrow the house completely and making it either a calm and amazing atmosphere or a mean and dangerous one, depending on how you left them! -Or they get angry at you and snap if the mood in the house is bad and you dont treat them well, and they could even become deadly in rare circumstances, - like the cowplant!!! I mean... there are so many possibilities!).
    It should give new aspirations, personality traits and skills; making them prefer being in an environment with lots of greenery, max colours and/or essesive decoration. - Or not liking it. And having a "happy house" reflects on the development of your plants, while mean and evil people in a household can affect the plants and the house's overall "feeling" negative. - This could again be related to the haunted houses.

Have the developers lost their imagination...?

Okay Kits: They are cheap yes, but you get what? Maybe around ten - twelve new items in either build/Buy or CAS. Why not go all in and at least make a proper stuff pack, if you can't give us new gameplay?
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I gave them a 5. I have two kits they country kitchen and blooming garden. I do like the the Courtyard Oasis, The Decor to the Max, Incheon Arrivals. The industrial loft I might get but it just does not have that much in the kit. Bust the dust at least there is some game play. I would prefer to have Stuff packs over the kits. I think these kits could have been worked into Stuff packs that would have been nice for some game play, CAS and build/buy.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,886 Member
    Stinalina wrote: »
    -Like having sims tending indoor plants (imagine if they could grow bigger and take over the house if you dont tend to them!!! If you leave a house with "active"plants in the right environment, they should overgrow the house completely and making it either a calm and amazing atmosphere or a mean and dangerous one, depending on how you left them! -Or they get angry at you and snap if the mood in the house is bad and you dont treat them well, and they could even become deadly in rare circumstances, - like the cowplant!!! I mean... there are so many possibilities!).

this is amazing

and would go perfectly with
    PLANTSIMS
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I like Kits in concept, and I've generally had no issue with the Kits we've gotten.

But I do find them pricy. Prior to the introduction of Pack Refreshes, I was disappointed that there would be no gameplay add-ons for other packs (New spells, new pet stuff, new things to craft, etc.) but that's less of an issue if they refresh other packs.

And I honestly would just like a couple of kits that were just lots of variations on one or two things, rather than a room built around that theme, because that can be limiting on what you can do with the items, and there are so many things that I simply want more of - Hairstyles, clothing basics (T's and Jeans), Bathroom clutter, toddler beds, curtains - without having to buy 15 different kits to get them all.

So I'm not disappointed with kits in and of themselves, I just see a lot of potential in where they could go that they're not going (yet)
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like some of them, but they're not making me feel like I need to buy every one of them. That idea in itself is a good one. I don't feel as guilty spending 5 bucks on something I might only use 2 things out of.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ReynaValdezReynaValdez Posts: 6 New Member
    Kits are overpice, to less content - to much money. And kits should fill the niche. Can anyone explain me how Country Kitchen fill the niche of Cottage Living? :D still I love to build so I bought all build and buy kits: for example with Courtyard Oasis is impossible to build anything what have sense because there are only few items... And still I appreciate quality of items, they are made very well, Cas items are layered or 3D (mostly) so it's in plus for me. Thats why I'm in the middle
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'd give them about a 7.

I actually quite like the content that comes in them and even have a few of them (4 of the CAS, 2 of the BB) and I think the pricing is fair enough since I spend more than $5 on a coffee. I just wish they were a little bit more varied I guess? (ie some more gameplay kits) And that they were slightly more spread out than they are. But I definitely appreciate having them since we wouldn't be getting anything otherwise.
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    Zero from me, but that's not on the list. I still bought Bust the Dust, but I regret the purchase. Too little for the price. And that goes for all of them. If they cost €2, I may consider some of them. But €5? No, thanks. I rather buy big pack of quality food for my cats than any of this "bite-size pack". My cats will surely appreciate that more than my Sims. And as much as I love my Sims (well, most of them) I love my cats way better.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I am not against the idea of kits, I just want GAMEPLAY! And I hate - HATE - CAS kits. It isn't that they don't look nice, I just don't need anymore freaking clothes! Plus as someone who uses cc, if I want a piece of clothing, I don't need to pay 5 bucks for what ends up being "very few" items, imo. To be honest, I'd rather use that money to support a cc creator and get all that I want, exactly what I want, no extras I don't like.

I wouldn't even have more than Bust the Dust, and the Courtyard one, which are the two I purchased myself, if it wasn't for my husband buying them as gifts. I can't remember which ones I even own besides the two I bought because that is how little an impression they make in my game. But I think I have like 3 others... Oh, and I have Blooming Rooms.

I have one that is just sitting there and hasn't been installed cause I just don't care.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    edited May 2022
    I have all of the kits and my opinion on them has evolved as I start doing more and more lots and sims to upload to the gallery. At first I wasn't doing maxis match or vanilla creations, and I wasn't putting anything in the gallery. So the kits offered nothing really at that point. But now they are much needed content. Both the CAS and BB items from these kits are becoming really good resources for what I'm doing. I would much rather have stuff packs, but the kits are starting to come good, Bust The Dust being the exception. That's the only pack/kit I can say I regret buying.

If we can't have stuff packs anymore, keep giving me kits.

• Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    kit items should be in expansions or game packs period
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I was really hoping for great gmaeplay kits, but we only got vacuum cleaners... and we really have a lot of BB and CAS with all the packs, so until now I didn't see the need/want in purchasing a single kit.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2022
    The only one I like is Bust the Dust.

Personally I would rather they ditch kits and go back to stuff packs, at least they had gameplay.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Too many cas and not enough build and gameplay.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I love kits. I just can’t give them a 10 though because they’re lacking items for toddlers and kids and gameplay. I would love more kits geared towards families (new toys, hand held game systems, hobbies, animal wallpaper, baby stuff, etc). I would also love a retirement home kit.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2022
    Kits are a ripoff, especially the CAS. CAS kits could be used to fill up on categories that are lacking - like swimwear or sleepwear or formal attire, or giving us a shoes boost - but just seem to be used to get fashion companies to give EA money through more clubbing and hipster clothes, which we have tons of already.

You can only wear so much clothes at once, even taking multiple changes of clothes into account.

And yet there are less clothes in a kit, than there would be in a Stuff Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.