Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate the "Kit" category

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I have very mixed feelings about kits

In terms of content, the items look very nice and useful. I could find some use for all except for the extravagant modern menswear. I only own bust the dust and don't feel I am missing out on much.

I suppose they can be useful to give players some niche content. But so far the only kits that actually feels niche are the courtyard oasis and the modern men's wear. The rest feel like a variation of what we already have. Perhaps that's why I like it the modern menswear the least because I am not in the niche target group.

What I don't like is the fact that besides the very first kit release, we have only got cas and bb kits. They just add to the look of the game but nothing substantial like gameplay or items with a unique function. They feel like an easy to make cash machine for EA

Compared to the stuff packs, they feel overpriced for what they offer

I would have preferred getting one or two stuff packs per year instead of so many kits
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've got most of them. I'm just greedy, I wish they were bigger! :D
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I enjoy the CAS kits the most, especially Incheon Arrivals and Throwback Fit. I hope we'll get more gameplay kits in the future though.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I know that my opinion will not change anything but as a person who has nothing against KITs and in general would like to like this concept I have to say that in my opinion KITs look unfinished and I think that EA should add more content to them. For example in Country Kitchen there is no matching table or chairs, in Industrial Loft I miss any build items, in Decor to the Max would like to see more swatches
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Like it! But I think they could be even better.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    I honestly love the kits! I think they are nice little add-on's to the game. The price point for what you get seems to be fair. I gave it a 9 because one thing I would not mind seeing in the future is more useful items, like to Bust the Dust one. They have mainly released clothing, which is nice, but I do enjoy having things for my sims outside of CAS.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Kits are nice, simple and low cost additions to my game that don't break my gameplay. I like them.
  • Options
    Lost_LaprasLost_Lapras Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm still warming up to the idea of them. Some, like Courtyard Oasis and Max Decor, are stunning and worth the price in my opinion, while others are mostly flops, like the Menswear one. I hope to see more gameplay kits tho.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have three of the fashion kits for my PS4, but I am still going to rate it as I rated it.
    The kits I have aren't bad, but I am not the biggest fan of kits in general. I only got them, because I lied the theme, and the console doesn't allow mods or CC.
    I would prefer to have kits repurposed into stuff packs, because there are some stuff that can be expanded upon.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I like them. I use something from each kit, or eventually I will as I rotate through the households played.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    • Thanks to the exchange rate, they're too expensive for what little they offer.
    • Most of them have have unappealing themes. The majority are either rage-inducing or completely boring.
    • Waaaaay too many CAS/BB kits.
    • Waaaaay too many kits in general. We're getting a constant onslaught of them. I know I don't have to buy them, but I still have to deal with a constant barrage unless I completely cut myself off from Sims content.
    • They have some real 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or lazy-looking items.
    • And it wouldn't be as bad if we were getting more packs as an alternative.
    • The in-game kit tag is a mess if you have a lot of kits.

I wanted to give them a fair shot. There are even kits that I liked. (Though I didn't buy any yet; I'm not supporting Sims 4 until I see some of my major wishlist items.) But they just constantly disappoint me. It feels like we're getting more and more reasons to be annoyed by them, every single time one is announced.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    I love the ones I have: Courtyard Oasis, Incheon, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms.

I am happy not to have spent money on the ones I don't have.

So it works well for me as a content type.

The only reason I didn't vote 10 is that I wish there were occult-focused kits. Like, at least one.

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like the ones I bought, they are an okay-good 6. I think the CAS kits could have more variety, throw in some hair, shoes, accessories. The BB kits could also have more variety too, some wall paint, flooring, outdoor and indoor decos. Honestly though where are the gameplay kits?? There is only 1 to vacuum the floor so I can't give them any higher...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2022
    The very positive point of CAS kits is the collaborations
    • K06 Fashion Street Kit : Shruti Sitara Singh
    • K08 Incheon Arrivals Kit : Jazzy Cho
    • K10 Modern Menswear Kit : Stefan Cooke
    • K12 Carnival Streetwear Kit : Pabllo Vittar
    • K14 Midnight Chic Kit : Paola Locatelli

It really contributes to add interesting clothing to the game.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,972 Member
    edited April 2022
    I buy the kits, but if I could choose, I would rather have 1 stuff pack instead of 2 kits. In stuff packs we got hair, clothing, BB and a game play object. I loved when they were coming out every other month. I do so miss stuff packs!
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I am meh about kits, they could be much better. Most of the kits as far as cas and bb are basically re-colors and re- makes of the stuff we already have. The same shirt with a new hole in it or just in a new pattern, the same square table in a new pattern. They feel kind of lazy and like there just something to sell to us. I don't really care that much about having designer inspired clothes and make up for my sims. A lot of it comes out looking tacky. Of all the packs and kits I have purchased I like the game play and clothes that laundry day added to the game of all things. I am not really to enthused about most of the kits. I use the blooming rooms one a lot but that's about all. If there going to make kits then make some useful ones that add something new.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,972 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I am meh about kits, they could be much better. Most of the kits as far as cas and bb are basically re-colors and re- makes of the stuff we already have. The same shirt with a new hole in it or just in a new pattern, the same square table in a new pattern. They feel kind of lazy and like there just something to sell to us. I don't really care that much about having designer inspired clothes and make up for my sims. A lot of it comes out looking tacky. Of all the packs and kits I have purchased I like the game play and clothes that laundry day added to the game of all things. I am not really to enthused about most of the kits. I use the blooming rooms one a lot but that's about all. If there going to make kits then make some useful ones that add something new.

Yeah, I don’t mind the the designer clothes, but I have been wanting new PJ’s, a witches hat without the spider, and Dracula’s cape, and some gothic stuff. Also some more children's stuff like bikes trikes and skateboards ( skateboards for both children and teens ). But, I really miss the stuff packs that always had clothes, build/buy, hair and a game play item…. I loved the year or two they came out with a stiff pack almost every other month.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm neutral feeling about them mostly. I buy the ones I'm interested in and leave the ones I'm not. I get a lot of use out of the industrial and plant kits.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Where is the zero button?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think most of the themes have been good, just not something I want - except blooming rooms. The lack of gameplay kits is of course unfortunate and considering that I think I should lower my score to 4.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Considering I've bought only one kit on sale, I give a rating of 1.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Solid 8 because Kits give us a way to decide what we want to add to our game so I'm fine with that. The fact that most of the Kits don't appeal to me is also fine. I have the three that I wanted and none of the ones that I don't want.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2022
    I still like kits; yet, I'm giving it an 8 because of the lack of gameplay kits.

If they are not going to do any gameplay kits anymore, please just say so.
    sadness-sad.gif

Hoping the next kits are all gameplay so things are balanced out.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2022
    Lovely, but where the heck is the gameplay content...

I like the kits, btw. I love them all, I just want more gameplay kits. I wish it was spread evenly, if you know what I mean. It's only cas, cas, cas and bb, bb and bb.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p