Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My MODs Are Broken...

So, it seems like my MCCC and another mod of mine are broken. I've checked the websites and they haven't had any updates. But they keep coming up in my game with the "last exception" thing and stuff like that. I've redownloaded them too and nothing has happened. So I guess what I'm really asking is how long does it take for a new update on mods take to come out? The MCCC I downloaded is the one from deaderpool. And the other mod is the Wonderfulwhims mod that doesn't even seem to work. It started after I downloaded the latest update.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It all depends on the creator on when something is updated. When you have a mod you have to keep up with the creator wearever they post because they usually give updates about the status of the mod such as "mod works fine with this patch no updates needed" or "mod broken fix coming soon"
    Mccc may be compatible with the latest patch. Deaderpool is nearly always ontop of updates. I'm not sure about the other one.
    I would try to find out but I won't be home till later tonight.

As a mod user it's hard not to get last exceptions. That's why I don't understand why people always say "modders do it better" modders are great but they bring tons of glitches to the game.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Both MCCC and Wonderful Whims have been updated for the latest patch. If you are getting last exceptions with MCCC installed, you would also get them without it installed. The mod just lets you know when a last exception occurs. Deaderpool has a discord that can help you figure out what the problem is. It may be another mod or just an issue in game. You can go there and drop the last exception file into the error support section, and they'll help you.

I am not sure about Wonderful Whims. It is working fine for me. Maybe try redownloading?
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Did you remember to delete the localthumbcache file from your Sims 4 folder before starting your game? This should be done when updates are made to your mod folder. I've also been told the resource.cfg file in your Mods folder can (or should) be deleted when you make changes.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    So after reading some things just now I think my slice of life mod is out of date. I looked at the website and noticed there was a new one released like last month and I think it was after I downloaded it for the first time. So I’m gonna try that and see if things fix itself. Since deaderpool suggested that most of the time it’s because something else isn’t working it’s not the mccc. I think I’ll try to reinstall wonderful whims too because I don’t think that’s working right for me either. Not sure if it’ll work but I’ll give it a shot.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    It all depends on the creator on when something is updated. When you have a mod you have to keep up with the creator wearever they post because they usually give updates about the status of the mod such as "mod works fine with this patch no updates needed" or "mod broken fix coming soon"
    Mccc may be compatible with the latest patch. Deaderpool is nearly always ontop of updates. I'm not sure about the other one.
    I would try to find out but I won't be home till later tonight.

As a mod user it's hard not to get last exceptions. That's why I don't understand why people always say "modders do it better" modders are great but they bring tons of glitches to the game.
    If a modder cares and knows what they are doing the mods shouldn't be adding a ton of glitches or giving a bunch of LEs. Regardless if a mod is a mess or just happens to have a bug, it's best to report the issues to the creator (and provide any info they need to troubleshoot) so that if they do care they can fix it.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Edit: so I figured that part out and got wonderful whims back on but now the education system I downloaded from the same slice of life person isn’t working. Like at all. Not sure what else to do.
    Post edited by wylmite1986 on
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options

This confuses me. I have well over 100 mods ranging from small fixes to those that expand on gameplay and I rarely get a last exception.

What helps me, first of all, is to use only mods that are being actively maintained. I look around a bit when discovering a new modder to see how active they are and how quickly updates are made after a change in the game.

It also helps to keep a link to all my mods in a folder in my browser. (I also keep a list on my website as a backup.) Every few days or after a game update, I check all those links for updates before playing. I keep each mod in a separate folder (such as MOD-ModCreatorModName) to make it easy to locate each mod that needs changed. If there were any updates, I delete the localthumbcache.package and resource.cfg files after making the changes and before starting up my game.

z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Edit: so I figured that part out and got wonderful whims back on but now the education system I downloaded from the same slice of life person isn’t working. Like at all. Not sure what else to do.

I believe that's been broken a bit but I admittedly don't keep up on KS's mods much anymore. Can I recommend an alternative? I now use Education Overhaul and it works great. They're really good about updates too.

z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    If an updated mod isn't working at all, check to be sure it isn't more than one folder deep in the mods folder. CC can be several folders deep. You can have the mods folder, a folder labeled "CC", a folder labeled "Female Hairs" and it still works. But not script mods.

Also check to see if the mod is in a zip file. If so, it must be unzipped. Same if it is a rar file.
  • Options
    Ok I’ll remove it and see if my last exception things stop popping up and I’ll look at those other ones. Thank you. Her slice of life mod just got updated and is actually working for me now. So maybe she just doesn’t update the other ones? Who knows.
    FurAndYarn wrote: »

I believe that's been broken a bit but I admittedly don't keep up on KS's mods much anymore. Can I recommend an alternative? I now use Education Overhaul and it works great. They're really good about updates too.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg