Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next pack refresh after My Wedding Stories?

PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
We have only had Spa Day refresh so far, right? Maybe we'll get the next one after this upcoming pack.

What do you think? And which one?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think quite a few packs could use some kind of refresh treatment like what spa day got, but I would hope if they are going to do any they will do Dine Out first, it is the one that is most in need of a refresh just for the sake of getting everything from the original pack working properly again.

I also think it could use some fresh additions, like allowing a person who owns a restaurant to be a chef in their own kitchen.
    I'd like to see more BB objects added for restaurants too, especially more smaller centerpieces, candles, etc. that can go in the center of tables without getting in the way of food being served. There's almost no options for candles at the moment, and you can't shrink the larger ones because the flame animation doesn't line up properly if you do.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    hoping for some of the older packs

like from gps outdoor retreat really needs some love or if we can have ep refresh get to work would be so nice to see refreshed a little

also i do think dine out needs a fix and they should add ability to play your own sim in the chef role
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    If they're not going to give us new occults any time soon, at least update the ones you have. Aliens, mermaids and witches need some additional powers and complexities. Especially witches - familiars are completely useless, many spells are reskins of what we already have in other packs, the majority of potions are useless and are literally worth less than the sum of their parts, and there's no cross-pack compatibility beyond having pet familiars.

But yeah, I want Outdoor Retreat to get a retool. As it stands, there's no reason to ever visit Granite Falls outside of Herbalism, and you only need Herbalism if you're in Granite Falls. Honestly, you can just camp out in your backyard and it'd be better than renting a lot in the forest. How about you throw in Bigfoot, some small animals you can adopt, swimming holes and things you can't do in other worlds?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmerNSSimmerNS Posts: 24 Member
    Get to work I hope
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    If I could refresh any pack, it would be Realm of Magic. I really want hybrids so all occults can learn magic and also magic for child sims.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    For a game pack, I hope for Outdoor Retreat. Since vacations are now base game, there isn't much point to it. You can't walk on trails like in Mt. Komorebi, you can't swim, there is basically nothing to do in Granite Falls and not much point in going there when you can get a rental lot elsewhere. They could make there a swimmable area (though that may be hard) or add in trails like Mt Komorebi. Or at least add something to do there to make it worth going. They also should make the herbalism herbs available elsewhere and not locked so you can use the gameplay when you're not there, so the pack feels a bit more usable in general. Idk, I just feel it really is lacking compared to the new packs now. I don't use Granite Falls much and there isn't any gameplay that you can use outside of it. I just use it for the items nowadays.
    I know Dine Out has issues too, but I think it needs bug fixes rather than a refresh - the spa day one didn't involve bug fixes, just new content. We don't need new content in Dine Out as much as other packs, we just need it to work. We shouldn't need a refresh to fix the bugs, they should do that as a regular free update.

For stuff packs, Luxury Party is the obvious one. I don't own it and have no desire to buy it as it has so few items, especially with the buffet tables being re-introduced in My Wedding Stories, it feels even more useless than it used to be. That was the only reason I was considering buying it, now I won't. We could have more nails, more formal wear, just more stuff in general. A new gameplay object to make it worth it would be good, or maybe even something like adding in some dance floors which aren't new but tied to Get Together/My Wedding Stories would be a good way to make it worth the money. Along the same lines, Perfect Patio could be a contender as the hot tub is base game, though it has better items otherwise so is a bit better.

For an expansion pack, I'd say Island Living is the one that needs it the most. Mermaids need a skill tree, a basinet, etc. to just be better in general. They are so disappointing, and there's not a ton of gameplay around the pack in general so that would be a great refresh for it. Also things like more boats, including ones that you could use for multiple sims, would be a really good idea. Plus island events should appear on the calendar (I know you're meant to see them in person or w/e but if I don't live in the town center I never see anything which sucks). Get to Work is also another one that could use a refresh, but not as much as Island Living. Another active career would be nice, the retail system could do with an update and make running larger stores easier (like I wish there were more options for the mannequin for example). More options for cross pack compatibility would be good too, like bigger fridges and such to fit wedding cakes to sell them in store, maybe an option to create a shopping mall lot type so you could add other vendors that worked there (bars or coffee shops, etc.) and make them function better.

Tbh any good pack refresh I'd be happy with though - more free content is always appreciated!
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Dine out
    Get to work
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Get to work
    Outdoor Retreat
    Dine out

Any of these would be my personal priority.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Anything involving occults, for the love of God.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Guessing Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I know Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out are the most mentioned, and I think that's fair.

I also think that the perhaps the biggest quality of life refresh that would improve my game would be to update both the OR and JA worlds with the ability to live there. Now that we can have rental lots in residential worlds, I don't see any good reason not to. (Aside from the question of whether it's technically feasible, and I don't know the answer to that.) The second most vital to me would be a non-pack-specific refresh to update all the older worlds to allow swimming out in the world.

Aside from those changes, I think most of the things I would want to see refreshed in OR would be new objects that could just as easily come in new packs. E.g., sleeping bags would fit just as well for slumber parties in a Generations-style pack.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Outdoor Retreat! I enjoy the pack but I would love more themed activities.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Better aliens
    Better mermaids
    Better spellcasters
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    1. Dine Out
    2. Outdoor Retreat
    3. Get To Work
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I wish they'd refresh the whole base game with fixes, but that's not the question. To stay on topic:
    1. Dine Out
    2. Outdoor Retreat
    3. More crossovers between expansions in general.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Better aliens
    Better mermaids
    Better spellcasters

And better plant sims. Don't forget them.

As part of an outdoor retreat refresh they could re-introduce the plantsims, but better. Like they were before in TS3. At least then the pack has a better replay value 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Get to work. It's the oldest one and it could really use a refresh. Sixam is terribly empty, they should make some residential lots on it as Magnolia Promenade only has 4 lots. Aliens should have a system similar to vampires and spellcasters.

They could add a new home-business type of lot where sims can live and run have retail space at the same place. They could also bring back the burglar NPC for the police career.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I would like to see Outdoor Retreat get a overhaul. I love camping but Granite Falls is unappealing as there’s not much to do. I’ve not been interested in adding stuff from other packs as the later places are better.

I’d like more animals and interactions. Plus penalties if you don’t care for nature during your stay.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    Get to work. It's the oldest one and it could really use a refresh. Sixam is terribly empty, they should make some residential lots on it as Magnolia Promenade only has 4 lots. Aliens should have a system similar to vampires and spellcasters.

They could add a new home-business type of lot where sims can live and run have retail space at the same place. They could also bring back the burglar NPC for the police career.

Yeah, as much as I hate how buggy Dine Out is, GTW is so out of date and a very barebones pack. The science career was pretty fun but medical and detective are very repetitive. Imagine showing up at a crime scene and the burglar is actually there! Or being able to perform plastic surgery like TS3! Have more contagious illnesses like TS1!
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I have a LOT of wishes for refreshes and new contents for old packs.

OUTDOOR RETREAT
    I would love for it to have more outdoor activities and for it to mix up better with the new existing packs.
    New insects, new interactions.
    I would also love a new photographer career for "landscape" photography and to be able to sell it to magazines about nature and environment and gain points for Eco Living.
    I heartly miss the chance to "rent" picnic basket like you did in TS1 or to have picnic down on the ground sitting on a white-red duvet instead of having it just at a table like in TS4

GET TO WORK
    To include more new careers (rabbit hole ones would be just fine!) or active career like the photographer and conservationist.
    I don't always play active career like the actor ones because after 1/2 times they get boring.
    I'd love to have more categories for new shop lots, because using the "neutral" ones doesn't always get you the desired result because you are missing some interactions.

DINE OUT
    This pack needs a TOTAL refresh upon all its fronts. From buggy game play to CAS and B&B objects.
  • Options
    I would like to see Outdoor Retreat get a overhaul. I love camping but Granite Falls is unappealing as there’s not much to do. I’ve not been interested in adding stuff from other packs as the later places are better.

I’d like more animals and interactions. Plus penalties if you don’t care for nature during your stay.

oh, I'd love the penalties!
  • Options
    Nushka wrote: »

I would love the home-business type <3
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    My First Pet Stuff - New small pets :
    - Bird
    - Turtle
    - Lizard
    - Snake
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    If they're not going to give us new occults any time soon, at least update the ones you have. Aliens, mermaids and witches need some additional powers and complexities. Especially witches - familiars are completely useless, many spells are reskins of what we already have in other packs, the majority of potions are useless and are literally worth less than the sum of their parts, and there's no cross-pack compatibility beyond having pet familiars.

Couldn't have said it better @Gordy, for me GTW needs a refresh, It's the first pack, it introduced Alien Sims but doesn't do anything with them you can't even have Alien Sims live on their own planet, Mermaids ability to control the weather requires seasons but even then they barely get anything, also mermaids need an underwater kingdom, as for Plant Sims they need to be permanent and get all their abilities from Sims 3 plus there should be varient Plantsims like Strangerville Plantsims and Plasma Plantsims
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Outdoor Retreat for me. As others have said, it’d be great to have trail hiking, mountains climbing and swimmable areas incorporated into it. I’d also love to see some more outdoor activities like axe throwing, log rolling, searching for Bigfoot and canoeing or kayaking. This would be a great opportunity to add hammocks to the game as well.