Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next pack refresh after My Wedding Stories?

2...Next

Comments

• CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    A few ideas I have:

Island Living: Add a playable lifeguard career
    Discover University: Make it possible to KEEP the benefits of the Secret Society after you leave
    Journey to Batuu: Allow us to have proper lightsaber duels against Rey and Kylo (so you can truly live out your fantasies of being a champion of the Resistance or First Order... or get some catharsis, if you don't like the sequel trilogy)
    Outdoor Retreat: It's kinda annoying having to go to Granite Falls all the time to get bugs for herbalism, so perhaps add a bug farm that allows you to keep and raise them yourself?
  • CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    - Vampire ==> werewolves can be added
    - Get to work
    - Get famous
  • deustrekdeustrek Posts: 6 New Member
    I honestly don't mean this as shade, but they should probably refresh Wedding Stories before moving onto anything else
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Bug fixes=/= refresh. That said, when I hear "wedding stories" I thought that would include some sort of drama, like leaving a sim at the alter or a lover interrupting the wedding.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I really would love a realm of magic refresh

Realm of magic:
    - allow magic for children, this doesn't have to be all spells, just a few child friendly spells
    - add in an magical lot trait to allow a magical location with visiting spellcasters act like in the magic realm. Let them autonomously use magic and brew potions
    - add a magical ley line lot trait. This would work the same as the vampire one, except it is for spellcasters
    - making brooms follow the same paths as bikes instead of a teleport
    - make familiars interactive, let sims pet them
    - allow magic for other occult lifestates like alien and mermaids.

Other packs that would benefit from a refresh
    Outdoor retreat
    - update the world to allow swimming, hiking
    - more activities to do while on vacation
    - add in something new to compensate vacations being base game and tents being available in other packs (SE are JtB)

Get to work
    - improvements to aliens
    - allow to live on sixam
    - allow us to create more types of business, perhaps with a ticket machine like we had in sims 2
    - give the option to set uniforms and items on sale for unowned businesses, similar to how we can add unowned functional restaurants

Island living
    - update mermaids
    - add in a mermaid crib
    - add a secret lot to the cave
    - add a secret lot for mermaids, if possible under water

Cats and dogs
    - add in small pets like birds or liza

PlantSims
    PlantSims could have been improved with several packs like strangerville, eco lifestyle or cottage living so I hope they can be part of a refresh of one of these packs.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I really would love a realm of magic refresh

Realm of magic:
    - allow magic for children, this doesn't have to be all spells, just a few child friendly spells
    - add in an magical lot trait to allow a magical location with visiting spellcasters act like in the magic realm. Let them autonomously use magic and brew potions
    - add a magical ley line lot trait. This would work the same as the vampire one, except it is for spellcasters
    - making brooms follow the same paths as bikes instead of a teleport
    - make familiars interactive, let sims pet them
    - allow magic for other occult lifestates like alien and mermaids.

Other packs that would benefit from a refresh
    Outdoor retreat
    - update the world to allow swimming, hiking
    - more activities to do while on vacation
    - add in something new to compensate vacations being base game and tents being available in other packs (SE are JtB)

Get to work
    - improvements to aliens
    - allow to live on sixam
    - allow us to create more types of business, perhaps with a ticket machine like we had in sims 2
    - give the option to set uniforms and items on sale for unowned businesses, similar to how we can add unowned functional restaurants

Island living
    - update mermaids
    - add in a mermaid crib
    - add a secret lot to the cave
    - add a secret lot for mermaids, if possible under water

Cats and dogs
    - add in small pets like birds or liza

PlantSims
    PlantSims could have been improved with several packs like strangerville, eco lifestyle or cottage living so I hope they can be part of a refresh of one of these packs.

"Clap Clap", All these are Great Ideas!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Realm of Magic
    - Lot trait that makes it a possibility for a couple to have a magically gifted child.

Get to Work
    - Being able to have a little store on your home lot
    - Alien livable world
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I want this. But at the same time, there would need to be some retooling on how this works. In the game right now, sims who autonomously cast spells (through the club system) will just continually set everything on fire with Inferniate.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I want this. But at the same time, there would need to be some retooling on how this works. In the game right now, sims who autonomously cast spells (through the club system) will just continually set everything on fire with Inferniate.

Or they make clones of themselves constantly and some of those clones never go away.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I know. Using the same autonomous spells as the club won't work. But in the magic realm, they don't burn down everything. So it should be possible to add more magical autonomy without an inferno.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Realm of Magic
    - Lot trait that makes it a possibility for a couple to have a magically gifted child.

Get to Work
    - Being able to have a little store on your home lot
    - Alien livable world

Would be nice to have a home lot restaurant too. Also a laundry business and a pet hotel.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Realm of Magic:

- More spells!

Acolyte Rank:

Cura: Practical. Can cure sickness in Sims and if you have the packs, pets. If backfiring, your Sim will have a magical sickness for a day, no medicine or cure can help.

Virtuoso Rank:

Eternal: Untamed. True immortality for your highest level spellcaster Sim. Can grant it at will to any Sim. Use with extreme care, backfiring will have your Sim getting severly punished by the Grim Reaper, if pleading or donation (10.000$) fails, he will erase your Sim from existence. Only for the most powerful, confident spellcasters.

Storm: Mischief. Create a heavy storm over your nemesis (Landgraabs) house. Will hit objects outside, and any Sim foolish enough to be outside. If backfiring, your Sim will be hunted by lightning for a day, no matter what weather it is.

Animal Link: Untamed. When cast on a pet, it will allow the pet to be controlled by you until the spellcaster dies or severs the link. Backfiring, and your spellcaster turns into a clone of said pet, living at your lot, uncontrollable until another spellcaster links with the pet spellcaster, reawakening their mind, allowing them to break the spell on themselves.

Occult dueling

Dueling with other Occults will be available. Mermaids will use bubble jets, Vampires will use dark energy rays, Servos an electrical beam, Aliens will use a special raygun, Plantsims will use sunrays. When Fairies, Werewolves and Half-Dragons are inevitably added, they will use sunrays, roars and fire breath.

Lose against Mermaid: they will cover you with bubbles, making you uncomfortable for some hours or until you change clothes. Vampire will drain your energy. Servos will shock you. Aliens will make you dazed and uncontrollable for an hour - unless another spellcaster casts Cura on the unlucky wizard. Plantsims will leave you trapped in vines for an hour or two. Dragons will tor... make you constantly coughing ash and require a bath or a shower. Unsure about what Fairies and Werewolves will do since they can't turn you.

Clothes

Some ceremonial robes for the Virtuoso spellcaster, some darkhooded robes for your evil spellcaster, and some monk-looking robes for your Jedi.. I mean good-aligned spellcaster.

ADD-ON: And the idea about using brooms like bicycles would be awesome. I would use them alot more, that's for sure. Add the skill broomriding to not fall of it so often or your Sim will be limping back in a sour mood until his/her transportation veichle returns from a night out on the town. Spellcasters learns the skill slightly faster than others, but just slightly.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited March 2022
    Dine Out
    • Tuning & bug fixes
    • Ability to hire specific employees
    • Ability for the restaurant owner to be the chef
    • Active chef career
    • Waiter/waitress, host/hostess & cashier part-time jobs
    • Ability to have fast food/counter service restaurants
    • Ability for your Sim to own & run a customizable food cart/stand
    • New kitchen appliances that can speed up food prep & improve food quality (ex. the food processor from TS2)
    • New recipes & restaurant menu options
    • Pizza oven
    • Nectar & mead crafting
    Get to Work
    • Ability to have multipurpose lots
    • Ability to have a home business
    • Ticket machine
    • Ability to buy & own more venue types
    • Ability to passively run a retail business
    • Ability to have customers form a line & use cash registers for checkout
    • Burglars
    • Active thief career
    • Improvements to the existing active careers (aspirations, new skills, etc.)
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Dine Out
    • Tuning & bug fixes
    • Ability for the restaurant owner to be the chef
    • Active chef career
    • Waiter/waitress, host/hostess & cashier part-time jobs
    • Ability to have fast food/counter service restaurants
    • Ability for your Sim to own & run a customizable food cart/stand
    • New kitchen appliances that can speed up food prep & improve food quality (ex. the food processor from TS2)
    • New recipes & restaurant menu options
    • Pizza oven
    • Nectar & mead crafting
    Get to Work
    • Ability to have multipurpose lots
    • Ability to have a home business
    • Ticket machine
    • Ability to buy & own more venue types
    • Ability to passively run a retail business
    • Ability to have customers form a line & use cash registers for checkout
    • Burglars
    • Active thief career
    • Improvements to the existing active careers (aspirations, new skills, etc.)

with a Get to Work refresh the Devs could also add improvements to Aliens like super strength.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    with a Get to Work refresh the Devs could also add improvements to Aliens like super strength.

Yes, I haven't played with Aliens yet, so I don't currently have any specific refresh ideas for them, but Aliens should get some improvements as well.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2022
    The way I imagined a refresh for Get To Work is :

Stores
    - Better AI for customer and employees
    - No more speaking for ages with each customers to get one sale
    - More profits from sales
    - A functional cash register and customers going to it to buy things
    - Home business

Scientist Career
    - A science skill separated from Logic for Scientists and Doctors
    - Aliens can unlock new power the more their Logic skill is high

Medical Career
    - More and better Illnesses for sims
    - Sims can’t get cured unless they go to the hospital or they might die
    - Other functions for the hospital (ex : Sexual Reassignment surgeries, Plastic Surgeries for Face or Body…)

Detective Career
    - Burglars
    - you can call a Police NPC when a burglar is on the lot or in other situations (Sims are fighting on a public lot, someone stole something…)
    - You can go to jail for a limited amount of times for different reasons such like : fighting in public, stealing, being rude to an officer, teens sneaking out at night, doing too much noise at night…

General
    - Refreshing some hairs and outfits
    - Adding a second neighborhood to Magnolia maybe

I think that after all that GtW could be a really strong expansion pack with a whole sickness and justice system that would literally expand gameplay. Also they could make a base game update adding some drama between unplayed sims. For example, if two sims that are enemy are on the same lot they might argue or even fight and Sims around could react in various ways depending on their relationship with the sims fighting or their traits.
    Post edited by Drago97232 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm hoping for a Base refresh with CAS menu reorganized, new red color hairs, multiple color swatches for hair & clothing, playable babies, playable cars, permanent plantsim, spiral stairs & a beautiful heartshape bed.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I would like to see them open up Silvadorado for being able to live there, and I’d love to see swimming off of Windenburg Island, a few coastal lots with swimming in Del Sol Valley, and sweimming in Granite falls in both the hermit lot, and in the regular area. And, also swimming in the big lake in Oasis Springs.
    Outdoor Retreat for me. As others have said, it’d be great to have trail hiking, mountains climbing and swimmable areas incorporated into it. I’d also love to see some more outdoor activities like axe throwing, log rolling, searching for Bigfoot and canoeing or kayaking. This would be a great opportunity to add hammocks to the game as well.

I love your ideas about outdoor retreat!
    My First Pet Stuff - New small pets :
    - Bird
    - Turtle
    - Lizard
    - Snake

I would like them in smaller containers than the mammals though. I would like to see them in containers about the size of frog ( at least the snake, turtle and lizard ), and I would also like a tarantula, and hermit crabs. I could see birds in a taller cage. Love birds in a cage would have been great to bring out in My Wedding stories.
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    A few ideas I have:

Island Living: Add a playable lifeguard career
    Discover University: Make it possible to KEEP the benefits of the Secret Society after you leave
    Journey to Batuu: Allow us to have proper lightsaber duels against Rey and Kylo (so you can truly live out your fantasies of being a champion of the Resistance or First Order... or get some catharsis, if you don't like the sequel trilogy)
    Outdoor Retreat: It's kinda annoying having to go to Granite Falls all the time to get bugs for herbalism, so perhaps add a bug farm that allows you to keep and raise them yourself?

If you have Get to work, you can make a store that sells them. I have a big mall, and one of the things that are sold there are the insects. You can download all the bugs from the gallery, and easily put them in a store. I have seen people do that with frogs too, someone once made a bait shop ( selling frogs ), with three ponds on the lot.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    The way I imagined a refresh for Get To Work is :

Stores
    - Better AI for customer and employees
    - No more speaking for ages with each customers to get one sale
    - More profits from sales
    - A functional cash register and customers going to it to buy things
    - Home business

Scientist Career
    - A science skill separated from Logic for Scientists and Doctors
    - Aliens can unlock new power the more their Logic skill is high

Medical Career
    - More and better Illnesses for sims
    - Sims can’t get cured unless they go to the hospital or they might die
    - Other functions for the hospital (ex : Sexual Reassignment surgeries, Plastic Surgeries for Face or Body…)

Detective Career
    - Burglars
    - you can call a Police NPC when a burglar is on the lot or in other situations (Sims are fighting on a public lot, someone stole something…)
    - You can go to jail for a limited amount of times for different reasons such like : fighting in public, stealing, being rude to an officer, teens sneaking out at night, doing too much noise at night…

General
    - Refreshing some hairs and outfits
    - Adding a second neighborhood to Magnolia maybe

I think that after all that GtW could be a really string expansion pack with a whole sickness and justice career that would literally expand gameplay. Also they could make a base game update adding some drama between unplayed sims. For example, if two sims that are enemy are on the same lot they might argue or even fight and Sims around could react in various ways depending on their relationship with the sims fighting or their traits.

Everything you mentioned would make me happy with the pack. I feel like this would definitely make GTW worth the 40 bucks if this is incorporated or even a steal to be honest. 👏
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!