Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What mythological creatures should be in The Sims 5?

ยซ1
EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
This way Maxis knows what species we want in the The Sims 5 game.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

What mythological creatures should be in The Sims 5? 54 votes

Werewolves, Werevamps and Vampires
22%
GothangelKhrisstyneannaliese39mariajane216SheepilinglogionLady_BalloraEliteGirlGeralt_ofRiviaLT24Berrypichusicksadgurl 12 votes
Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
33%
crocobauraStormkeepheiblumebestfrienemies14LatinaBunnyOldeseadoggexLunaSimsxWhatCobblersshadowphantomnessbookwormsimmer25JinxIndigoHahcbeachwavesFjxjzzjzhzbCuriousCarrotToplebgirl_18MorganRedcoat_DelilahsRose_jrh789 18 votes
Aliens, Trolls, Dwarves
0%
Robots, Witches and Wizards
11%
joydovemannannaEnkiSchmidtEternalSunshinedythiasimmerorigin 6 votes
Other
33%
PuddinroyncisGibbs02Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010Cinebaralanmichael1TeeSeaCoryMachviola-illyriacyncieDaniRose2143mikamakimonSassycottonSERVERFRASimmingalElliandreJunkyPoemitsnevermarch 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    Why canโ€™t we get all of them, lol?
    Many folks want fairies and many folks want werewolves (and many want both), and then there are who love vampires AND the other occults as well, etc.

I love mermaids and fairies and spellcasters. I donโ€™t care about elves, but I do love vampires and werewolves as wellโ€ฆ.

(Maybe I should have chosen Other, lol?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    I"m not even one who plays (much) with the Occults in any of the Sims games. In the older games in the franchise it drove me crazy how occults pretty much "took over" once you added their packs to your game. Fortunately TS4 doesn't have this problem.

And even, with all that said... I still agree with @LatinaBunny, why not ALL of them? The pairing of Sims and mythological creatures is as old as the game franchise itself, so they need to keep honoring that tradition. Just mho.

Seeing as I had to pick only one to vote for though, I picked the choice that included Fairies, because those are my favorite. I'd be disappointed not to have Witches and Wizards though. And, while I personally can live without Vampires and Werewolves, I don't feel like it would be a Sims game if they didn't make it in at some point too, particularly the Vamps.

BTW, you forgot PlantSims. They go all the way back to the original Sims game, so it's kind of unforgivable you didn't include them...but you included dwarves. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    All of them
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Other
    Witches, wizards, fairies.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other
    The stone angels from Dr. Who series...don't blink.
    And please, gargoyles. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    Also: Centaurs, fauns, satyrs, leprechauns, proper gnomes - not the lawn fakes we currently have, halflings/hobbits. Regarding the choices, dwarves are not mythical. I happen to work with one IRL.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other
    Angels, Demons, Dragons, Elves, Fairies, Gargoyles, Hinds, Jackals, Sphynx, Unicorns & Werewolves should be in Sims 4 first.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    Forgot the unicorns :( Yes, them most definitely. As noted by Serverfra, they should be in 4 before 5.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Other
    I don't want to buy yet another version of the game from scratch.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Other
    All of the above
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Other
    All of the above

What about alien fish/bird creatures?
    :) Smile!

• Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Other
    Lil of it all: Vamps, Weres, Elves, Aliens, Robots, Witches

Too much & we'd have another crashed game (Sims 2, 3, 4...) to complain about.
  • Options
    CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    I'd love some but not all of what were mentioned tbh. My perfect list would probably be something like this: Witches (or whatever term they use for next gen magic users), Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, Aliens, Robots, Unicorns (I loved unicorns in TS3!), and maybe some other non-playable but fun fantasy and sci-fi type "pets" and wild animals in a couple of fantasy and scifi themed packs perhaps (like a scifi pack where you can make a robot dog, befriending a Unicorn and asking it to join your household like in TS3, maybe a phoenix or similar fantasy bird since I loved birds in TS3 as well, special types of fish that can only be caught in specific places and specific circumstances etc etc)
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Other
    I'd like ones from each option, so I picked 'other'.

Vampires, werewolves, aliens, faeries, servos, sim-bots, imaginary friends, genies, ghosts and mermaids. I think werevamps and elves aren't really needed since I can't think of ways to make them different enough from faeries, vampires and werewolves to be needed.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited April 2022
    Robots, Witches and Wizards
    I think base game should have ghosts and something else. But I would love a variety
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    I'd like to see an underwater/ fantastical aquatic themed world in an EP with a variety of merfolk e.g. cecaelia/octopus people, lobster people, kappa, etc.

In general I'd like to see newly invented or new takes on existing occults and not just the same old tropes repeated over and over again across different media platforms. This could be done with the powers and the CAS designs.
    Tree people/dryads would be cool, as well as fairies with different themes e.g. water fairies, seasonal fairies, or even food fairies (just thinking of all the random gods that appear in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather).

I also really like the ghostly presences in Sims 4 packs, like the island spirits, the spectres, and the nightwraith, so would be great if they made more of those in the Sims 5 too

Also, in Sims 1 and 2 I used to really like it when other random odd beings, who might not be classified as occults but still seemed to come from some other realm, used to pop up on certain triggers, such as the Tragic Clown and the Social Bunny. Would like to see more things like this invented too. What about a vengeful being who pops in when a sim makes a disasterous meal or a mischief spirit who pops up in cursed houses?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    Other
    I"m not even one who plays (much) with the Occults in any of the Sims games. In the older games in the franchise it drove me crazy how occults pretty much "took over" once you added their packs to your game. Fortunately TS4 doesn't have this problem.

And even, with all that said... I still agree with @LatinaBunny, why not ALL of them? The pairing of Sims and mythological creatures is as old as the game franchise itself, so they need to keep honoring that tradition. Just mho.

Seeing as I had to pick only one to vote for though, I picked the choice that included Fairies, because those are my favorite. I'd be disappointed not to have Witches and Wizards though. And, while I personally can live without Vampires and Werewolves, I don't feel like it would be a Sims game if they didn't make it in at some point too, particularly the Vamps.

BTW, you forgot PlantSims. They go all the way back to the original Sims game, so it's kind of unforgivable you didn't include them...but you included dwarves. :lol:

Thank you for the PlantSim love. They're not a favorite but it is criminal not to have them. And not a temporary life state either. I feel like it shouldn't have to be said, but....

I voted for other/everything. And let's not have to wait so long for the Vampires next time. Please. And while we're at it let's have Dhampir.

And with all the canon out there about the natural rivalry between Werewolves and Vampires how about they come together. I know two new life states at once something is bound to go wrong, but why not dream big?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Other
    It would be faster to ask "what mythological creatures shouldn't be in ts5"

and the answer is none they all should be in ts5 if you want me interested in it
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Other
    All of them please :smile:
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Other
    I voted Other.

It would be interesting to see them make Sim based lore on mythology and what sort of creatures could be in the Sim world.

I loved Bigfoot in Sims 2. Being able to move him in. ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Perhaps Sims could find cave paintings or gossip about strange creatures seen or experienced in the forest or something like that. Join an agency based on The X files or something.

More strange creature sightings. Perhaps they could be adventurers seeking proof of these creatures and convincing other Sims.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Fairies, Elves, Mermaids
    I voted Other.

It would be interesting to see them make Sim based lore on mythology and what sort of creatures could be in the Sim world.

I loved Bigfoot in Sims 2. Being able to move him in. ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Perhaps Sims could find cave paintings or gossip about strange creatures seen or experienced in the forest or something like that. Join an agency based on The X files or something.

More strange creature sightings. Perhaps they could be adventurers seeking proof of these creatures and convincing other Sims.

Oh yes, yes, yes! This too!

I like in Sims 4 that Sims can 'discover' that someone is a mermaid (though it looks a bit odd when other merfolk don't recognize each other when swimming in full tail form but amusing at the same time). Would be fun to make more of this.

But please let all the strange creatures be creatable in CAS too.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Other
    All the major ones, plus a few surprises. Iโ€™d like to see Genies back in the sims. I enjoyed searching for a lamp in TS3 and they were actually pretty useful.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Other
    All of them
  • Options
    itsnevermarchitsnevermarch Posts: 32 Member
    Other
    I want them all honestly
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE