Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modify Active Career Lots?

Is it possible to renovate these lots somehow? I just want to add a teapot and one of the new vending machines.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Is it possible to renovate these lots somehow? I just want to add a teapot and one of the new vending machines.

Yes, you can do build/buy on them to your heart's desire if you hit control-shift-c and type "bb.enablefreebuild", without the quotation marks. This works on the Get to Work career lots, and also some of the other special lots, such as the Magic Headquarters from RoM and literally ANY lot in the regular game that you might visit.
    It lets you make quick edits to a community lot, for example, without needing to exit to "manage worlds" overview first.

You can also pull in a completed build that is in your tray or from the gallery by first doing the bb.enablefreebuild code and then placing the gallery lot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Thank you!!! :heart:
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Oh you're a lifesaver! Never knew this was possible, the police station needs a coffee maker and I'd love to re-arrange the hospital a little, maybe put in a doctors office. Thanks.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i definitely suggest checking out the gallery options for these... there are some absolutely perfect ones, though i've still tweaked every single download to suit my personal tastes (esp the magic realm, adding selvadoradan, komerebi, paranormal stuff, as examples)

just be aware that the police station and hospital are each their own unique lot, so changing one and visiting the other will show a shell based on the original version, not whatever you've got installed on that lot. that threw me for a loop for a second when i first saw it, but makes a lot of sense with the way the game works

(also, i'd definitely suggest grabbing the mod that lets you visit the gtw lots without your active sim being in the career for them. helps so much, even if just going there for building purposes)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i definitely suggest checking out the gallery options for these... there are some absolutely perfect ones, though i've still tweaked every single download to suit my personal tastes (esp the magic realm, adding selvadoradan, komerebi, paranormal stuff, as examples)

just be aware that the police station and hospital are each their own unique lot, so changing one and visiting the other will show a shell based on the original version, not whatever you've got installed on that lot. that threw me for a loop for a second when i first saw it, but makes a lot of sense with the way the game works

(also, i'd definitely suggest grabbing the mod that lets you visit the gtw lots without your active sim being in the career for them. helps so much, even if just going there for building purposes)

There is a mod that lets you visit the career lots? :open_mouth: Wow, I will have to track that down. I really want to visit the hospital when my Sim is sick or visit the science lot to dig up rocks. Oh, but I just went vanilla to clear out bugs that came with all my latest mods and cc. :joy:

Internal debate: Ohh, but what's one more mod to try. The bugs weren't so bad, some of them were cute in an annoying way .. should I ... should I?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    There is a mod that lets you visit the career lots? :open_mouth: Wow, I will have to track that down.

When you find it, can you link it here? :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    There is a mod that lets you visit the career lots? :open_mouth: Wow, I will have to track that down.

When you find it, can you link it here? :)

There are several different mods that do it. The most recently updated one that I'm aware of also allows traveling to the secret lots, Sixam and a few other places, not just the 3 GtW career locations: https://td1sims.tumblr.com/post/635457539495084032/travel-to-venue

The one I know of which is just for the 3 GtW locations has had no updates in several years. It's a script mod though and GtW lot locations haven't been updated/changed, so it probably still works fine: https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160482176315/the-sims-4-mod-travel-to-special-lots-repost

There's another one I've seen that is just for the Hospital only, and adds illnesses that Sims can contract that would make you need to go there. I haven't got a link handy for that one though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods