Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you make your own university?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
I always use a premade because I dont feel like making so many buildings XD but I always make my own neighborhood with tons of houses and community lots.

Do you make your own uni or use one of the premades?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    I usually use one of the premades or Brainania (custom uni with nearly all tiny lots).

One day I'll make my own.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I used to have custom universities in Desiderata Valley and Veronaville.

The Desiderata screenshots are buried somwhere deep, but it was half a military academy and half a Liberal Arts school. It also had a big, decorative train station, because students would arrive and leave again in a (residential lot) train, a mix of Hogwarts Express and Oriental Express. I think I put more effort into that train than in the actual uni.

As a small "threshold country" Veronaville didn't have a university of its own, so the young nobles went to Takemizu Nation. I never built the campus itself, only the neighborhood most of the dorms were situated in:

snapshot_00000028_ea73kkb5.jpg

- Blue is a public swimming pool, that served as clothes shop.
    - Red are four dorms and one private residence.
    - Yellow is a weird case, because although it sits on the Takemizu University map, the dorm is actually Veronvaville's little conservatory with park. I added this lot in order not to have to create another uni for those teens that didn't went to Cherryblossom Academy.

But these two cases aside I just use the premade unis. Desiderata Valley will get Simstate, I'm not sure yet if I want to use a completely empty template or one that still has the premades (but no dormies).
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I use the premade campuses (EXCEPT La Fiesta Tech) and dorms. The premade dormies and students who walk by are fun to play with. My Sims usually end up falling in love with one of them before graduation.
  • Options
    LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    i use the premade unis (LFT for strangetown, ALT for Veronaville, sim state for pleasantview and the other hoods) but I build my own dorms, usually to keep the dormie number in check (i try to send the teens in "batches," so there will usually only be 4 dormies max in my dorms)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes. Done it for years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I tried it in the past when running a full custom neighbourhood, but it was way too daunting trying to make it look and feel like a university. Nowadays I just use the premade ones, albiet adding all three at once
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.