Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We May Be Getting A New World In The New GP

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Hotels are definitely on my wishlist but the lots may simply be honeymoon rentals for existing vacation worlds.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    A lot of packs have shipped with builds and have had no worlds (Dining, spa, parenthood, paranormal).

I don't think that's technically true. My recollection is that those builds were simply uploaded to the gallery at a much later date, not actually included in the packs. At least, I bought all of those packs when they were first released (except for waiting a few months for Paranormal), and had to go searching the gallery separately for the builds from the trailers, and it took a while for them to appear. (On a related note, I'm still hoping that someday we get the farm from the Cottage Living trailer.)

Since the original tweet/forum post have now been deleted, I'm not sure what the wording was, so maybe that could still be what was meant. But if there are gamechanger lots that were built for and included with the pack, precedent suggests that's more likely to mean a world rather than just new venues. But again, depending on the nuance of how it was worded, I suppose it could just mean new gallery lots.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited January 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    A lot of packs have shipped with builds and have had no worlds (Dining, spa, parenthood, paranormal).

I don't think that's technically true. My recollection is that those builds were simply uploaded to the gallery at a much later date, not actually included in the packs. At least, I bought all of those packs when they were first released (except for waiting a few months for Paranormal), and had to go searching the gallery separately for the builds from the trailers, and it took a while for them to appear. (On a related note, I'm still hoping that someday we get the farm from the Cottage Living trailer.)

All those packs came with new lots added to your library, so I can see where that may get misremembered as being in the gallery (you can check by looking at your library for Maxis stuff.) Spa Day, Dine Out, and I think Tiny Living also all had pop ups when you first install them asking if you want to put down a lot. I just recently had to do a clean install, so I remember seeing them.

So we may be getting new Library Builds ... which hopefully means a new lot type. :smiley:
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

All those packs came with new lots added to your library, so I can see where that may get misremembered as being in the gallery (you can check by looking at your library for Maxis stuff.) Spa Day, Dine Out, and I think Tiny Living also all had pop ups when you first install them asking if you want to put down a lot. I just recently had to do a clean install, so I remember seeing them.

So we may be getting new Library Builds ... which hopefully means a new lot type. :smiley:

Actually, you might be onto something. Come to think of it, I think the reasons that Spa Day, Dine Out, Tiny Living, and Paranormal came premade builds added to your library probably is because each of those packs did add a new lot type.

If this is the case, I'd definitely be okay with no world, although it would be nice to get even another mini world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hotels are definitely on my wishlist but the lots may simply be honeymoon rentals for existing vacation worlds.

I'll take that.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I would totally take that or new lot types…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member

It's been long enough with the others that I wouldn't swear to it, but I know for a fact that the Paranormal lot didn't get added to my library. I always check there first.
  • Options

It's been long enough with the others that I wouldn't swear to it, but I know for a fact that the Paranormal lot didn't get added to my library. I always check there first.
    I believe you had to download that one. The one Dr Ashley made.

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    It would be awesome if there was a new world! I can't wait to find out. Announce the pack already!
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    It would be awesome if there was a new world! I can't wait to find out. Announce the pack already!

Let's hope announcement this week!!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    jomilej wrote: »

Let's hope announcement this week!!

Fingers crossed.