Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What pack should I get?

I've narrowed it down to a few options, but I am leaning towards EL or DO
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png

What pack should I get? 68 votes

Eco Lifestyle
39%
Akl500Palexspoom13Stormkeepsimgirl1010DarkLady2788ladybreidLustianiciakiwi84EmmaVanepammiechickLatinaBunnyKarababy52EnkiSchmidtSnaveXsRedShoe7HopeyStarrjoRN1414Behappy1stStina1701ATTNsimmer 27 votes
Snowy Escape
19%
IcewolfPlayerSinger2010g01denswanbarracuda1574Sati101fiercephoenix91MageKnightEmolgaCatzillaKimmerACruelButLovingGodDragonmasterleoLadyAmayleemousie12001 13 votes
Dine out
8%
elanorbretonYautjagirlkeene61FlapmusteniHandel 6 votes
My first pet stuff
2%
xoJessiEA_Mari 2 votes
Laundry Day
1%
SeashoreLivia 1 vote
Jungle adventure
25%
grevilliablueMonet11MelisendremcruddSusanaLeoteMindofyDoloresGreyOnverserSheriSim57LiELFMDianaSimscoolsim9999999superkyle221Atreya33RouensimsLJKVeeDub 17 votes
Vintage Glamor
1%
Benjamilian 1 vote
Forget it, go on an cc spree
0%
Other
1%
Simmingal 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I played the eco lifestyle free trial when it was out and it was AMAZINGGGG!!! Plus I feel like there's a lot of gameplay in it :)
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Eco Lifestyle
    I'd have picked Dine Out if it wasn't currently in a state that makes restaurants unuseable unless you use several mods to fix all the problems. It badly needs them to do a refresh and bug fix pass on it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dine Out, I love having restaurants in the game...I also use like 7 different mods to make them work. The state it is in right now could lead you to find it more frustrating than fun.

Eco Living, on the other hand, is really great and adds a lot of gameplay...and it works properly. It also has a lot of nice BB content (imo). So I'd say, get EL now, but keep your eye on Dine Out for a future purchase after it gets a refresh.

If you want a new pack for a new world more than anything else, then ignore all of the above and get Snowy Escape. It's world is fantastic. It also adds a lot of new gameplay, but (imo) the gameplay is more of the kind of things your sims go to do on a vacation or a weekend getaway, unlike EL which is everyday, in any world, on any lot type gameplay.
    It's still fantastic though and if you want an awesome new world, it's the one I'd recommend.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    @Gonnawin1111 @Stormkeep
    I played the EL trial and quite enjoyed it, and seeing as it's winning in the poll and I'm leaning towards it, I think I'm gonna go with Eco Lifestyle
    Thanks for your comments!!!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Have fun!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    This pack has a Power & Water saver objects, plus fun juice & candle making. Also, there's a really cool North America hairstyle & rustic clothing in CAS.
    FYI: Evergreen Harbor is an icky World.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    As you are leaning towards two packs I chose EL over DO. Mostly because EL is an EX-pack and DO is a G-pack and for me ex-packs trumps g-packs as far as content and gameplay go and EL despite it's problems (especially regarding turning your law-abiding-Sims into a bunch of larcenous hooligans if you don't have mods to combat that particular NAP) has a great addition to the game + it gives us a new neighbourhood/world.

Now I also have Dine Out and I love it. I love using restaurants for dates and I haven't found them much buggy except I have to do a 'refresh object' on the cooks if I want to see any cooking doing and I don't own/run a restaurant so that part of the DO gameplay I can't comment on. But I really like DO and if you can't get both now, I definatly recommend keeping DO behind your ears for future purchasing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    The OP indicated he was going with Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    EL has amazing gameplay!! There is always something to do and it features a very complex system of how things work footprint wise.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2022
    I know OP has already decided, but good choice. I love having a Sim start off in industrial Port Promise, with no house and no money and have them source their furniture by dumpster diving, crafting and fabricating everything they need.

WO9aFqI.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jungle adventure
    Jungle adventure is such a cool and different world! It is quite unique --- including build/buy, CAS and gameplay features B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other
    No sale atm so id wait for big sale to get more at once

+ new wedding related pack around corner so in case that interests you also good to wait and see if thats fun or nah first

= id say wait

but if you really must have content immediately

it depends entirely on what you want to play with tbh

i would really always take 2gp over one ep tho so if its dine out vs eco then i vote on dine out + jungle adventures for price of eco ;)

buuuut i just realized op decided already so nevermind

I hope you have fun with eco :blush:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free