Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! ( This thread is now CLOSED )

DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
Is anyone else having a problem getting their sims to sleep in their beds. I can ask her to sleep and she only sleeps for 10 secs and wakes up so she never gets a full nights sleep. Or is this a bug?
Post edited by DarkLady2788 on

Comments

• Options
    Well since no one wants to help I have gone and repaired my game. I’m still thinking this is a bug my base game is the collectors edition so it could be the update that has bugged it
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Well since no one wants to help I have gone and repaired my game. I’m still thinking this is a bug my base game is the collectors edition so it could be the update that has bugged it

I searched the bugs forum for you (that's usually the best place to start if you are having problems with your game, rather than the discussion forum. :smile: ).

It's an ongoing issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023

There are some (possibly) helpful tips/advice on the first page. I hope this issue gets resolved for you. :smile:
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't know how to help with this bug. I hope the repair worked.

I guess you could become a mermaid and then sleep in your swimming pool until the bug is fixed.

Or you could become a Vampire and never sleep.

You could use a cheat to give Sims satisfaction points and buy the one of the traits that slows or eliminates energy needs for your Sim and then remove it once the issue is resolved. Or you could use the points to buy a lot of energy potions. Carl Sims has the cheat on his website.

You can also upgrade the bed so that napping gives a lot more energy.

You could grow the emotion tree and harvest the energy vimberries or drink lots of coffee.

There is also the UI extension mod that lets you cheat up a need. I sometimes install that so I can cheat up my energy.

Can't think of anything else you could do with this bug. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    It’s ok the repair has worked. I just like to put it on the discussion page to see if anyone else has had the same problem I do go look on the problems page of EA too
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I'm glad it worked! I've not experienced that problem but it sounds annoying!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Happens in my game too, in a couple of saves. It doesn't happen every time, but I realized that when it happens, the Sim visited a lot in Brindleton Bay before the bug occurs. Simply restarting the game solves it for me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited December 2021
    Restarting the game solves it for me as well when I get it.
    That's an interesting observation you made there, @Netzspannung. I will observe whether it's the same cause in my save.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    If the repair game doesn't work, you could try a game folder refresh. Rename your current Sims 4 Game Folder in your documents files. You can simply add _Old to it. Then start your game. A new folder will generate. Test it out. Save, then exit. If all seems fine, replace the new saves, Tray folders with the ones in the "Old" folder to restore your game. Likewise, if you use Mods keep the resource file from the new Mods folder and move your mods to the new folder. :) Best of luck. This is an old bug. Seems that we get a Patch and bugs that were fixed suddenly appear again. Two steps forward, one step back. Knit one, pearl two. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    evaaaevaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    heyyy! i downloaded the sims yesterday and I’m confused because a sim just came into my house, picked up my tablet and put it in his inventory. later on he left. is there any way I can get it back?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    No, you'll have to buy a new one and should keep it in your own Sim's inventory.

Do you have Eco Living? If so, I advise you to turn off autonomoue voting in the game options asap and repeal the Sharing ist Caring one wherever active. Alternatively, you could use a mod to get rid of it, but I don't know how familiar you are with the use of mods (other gaming experience?)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited December 2021
    welcome @evaaa to simming and to the forum :)

The visiting sim probably had the Kleptomaniac trait. That's an... interesting quality in a friend or neighbor :D

You can either keep valuables in your personal inventory whenever you aren't using them, or you can lock doors to rooms with valuables, or you can choose to only hang out with your kleptomaniac friends at a public place or at their homes instead of at your own.

Your personal inventory is accessible via the storage-box icon at the bottom right of the screen near the needs panel. Each sim has their own.
    (This is different from your household inventory, which is accessible in Build mode at the bottom left of the screen, open storage-box icon. Only some items can go in your personal inventory, usually small ones, but not always.)

Doors can be locked by clicking on the door (in live mode) and choosing the option you want.

You can find out sims' traits over time by using the "Get to Know" friendly social interaction. Each time you use Get to Know, you have a chance to learn one of their three traits. You have to wait awhile before using Get to Know again, so it takes a while to get to know all about someone.

Happy simming :)

PS if you really want THAT tablet back, you can go and play the sim who stole it. It's possible that you may find the tablet either in their personal inventory or somewhere on their lot, where you can click on it and say "Return swiped item." Or you can have that sim give it as a friendly gift to the sim they stole it from.