Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, yes you marry him..

So, with the new patch to sims are calling to ask about important life choices. My sim answers his cell phone to hear the excited tones of Angela Pleasant saying she found a ring in her boyfriend's bag what should she say. Well, I mean I'm your boyfriend so I'm going to say yes, and also way to ask me to marry you I guess?

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Wonderful. After they get married, they'll probably call each other to ask if they should have a baby, and then their infant will call to ask if they (the infant) should change careers.

:lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    I'll admit I was shocked it did actually leave them engaged after the call. I just really hope they remembered family filters for these calls.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Matriarch wrote: »
    I'll admit I was shocked it did actually leave them engaged after the call. I just really hope they remembered family filters for these calls.

One can hope. And I was only partly joking in my previous post. I haven't yet updated, but sometimes I have sims' infants calling to congratulate them on getting a new girlfriend or for becoming good friends with their own older sibling, and other weird things. I suspect we'll be in for even more wacky calls like that now. :wink:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Yes, cats asking if they should get a job seems likely.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    So, with the new patch to sims are calling to ask about important life choices. My sim answers his cell phone to hear the excited tones of Angela Pleasant saying she found a ring in her boyfriend's bag what should she say. Well, I mean I'm your boyfriend so I'm going to say yes, and also way to ask me to marry you I guess?

I know I should maybe not say this , but still, hilarious :D On it's own way :p (and well written, haha)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I've had friends call to hang out with my sim when they were already at their house. This is a major flaw in the game - glad to see they are consistent. :wink: lol.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I've sometimes had Elder Sims phone and ask if they should try for a baby!! It's usually a female Elder, too, so she can't conceive. It also tends to happen when they've already got 2 or 3 adult children... do you REALLY want to go through the baby stage again?
  • Options
    Lol, well at least its on brand for the game.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

Lol. The image this conjures up. 😄
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    it just as bad when mayor whiskers wins the lotto
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    The ring in the bag pop up was from before this patch. Just this weekend I was planning on a nice evening out for my sim, when her boyfriend called with this. She said go for it, and yep, engaged. I’m not mad about it, but I guess the game ran a check for any romances and found the only active one in the save?
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Lol, this happened to my sim as well, with his girlfriend calling to say she found a ring in "Quentin's" bag...like, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I' m Quentin, or are you seeing another Quentin on the side? (Also extra awkward, cause in my case, he had NO intention of proposing anytime soon :D ) Must be a glitch in the system maybe?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Lol. The image this conjures up. 😄

Well, cats did used to go off in a taxi to their jobs back in TS2... 😄😄😄
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Do you get phone calls for actions that can happen to your active household?

I was under the impression that it would mostly affect unplayed friends.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    @SilentKitty I haven’t received any phone calls yet but I did find a new change. I’m playing I guess a mix between a legacy and rags to riches save. So I moved out one of my 7th generation adults and she had a baby recently. So as I was checking the family tree, I noticed that one of my 7th gens that stood in the family home has an infant son. I don’t know how this happened because I didn’t receive a call. The baby is just there now. I also do not have mcc, and don’t have that family as an active household.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @SimmerMars Thank you :)

Hmm…. I wish there was a way to safeguard certain families so that they would remain unaffected. As it is now I think the game will add story changes to households that I already have plans for.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    it just as bad when mayor whiskers wins the lotto

I once had a ghost dog win the lottery, Captain Whitaker. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Whitaker
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    And here the only thing I was worried about was if Erik gives Kayleigh a Promise Ring, will she do what she did in a prior save and propose to him a week later? My Sim had every intention of popping the question when they got close to graduating from Uni. She spoilt his plans! LOL What if the game does it for them? When did I lose control? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    my sims mom just keeps calling her about her bad reputation like ok mom but your own reputation isn't even that good :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    oh no.... i don't want Sims calling with stupid questions. It may be time to go back to only building.
  • Options
    The story you tell your kids, "So, I had this candy ring in my bag from that concert we went to the night before, she saw it in my bag and thought I was going to propose! She calls me up, and asks me if she should say yes.... Well...what was I supposed to do? Actually go buy her a real rock?.....and that's how I saved up enough simoleons for at least one of you hellions to go to Uni some day."
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

This exact thing happened to me. I'm currently playing the Roomies household, and Zoe is dating Johnny Zest. Johnny said he found a ring in Zoe's bag and asked what he should say. I told him to make his own decision. He didn't like that response but it's too soon for an engagement for them. They've only been dating 3 sim weeks, and I at least want to make it through my first rotation before they even think about marriage.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Shamae03Shamae03 Posts: 29 Member
    I would prefer having a dramatic wedding proposal rather than via phone call
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I've sometimes had Elder Sims phone and ask if they should try for a baby!! It's usually a female Elder, too, so she can't conceive. It also tends to happen when they've already got 2 or 3 adult children... do you REALLY want to go through the baby stage again?

well they cant so no harm in trying. :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

This exact thing happened to me. I'm currently playing the Roomies household, and Zoe is dating Johnny Zest. Johnny said he found a ring in Zoe's bag and asked what he should say. I told him to make his own decision. He didn't like that response but it's too soon for an engagement for them. They've only been dating 3 sim weeks, and I at least want to make it through my first rotation before they even think about marriage.
    But that means you left it up to him. If you don’t want them getting engaged I would think you’d want to respond with the “No” option.