Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to gameplay kits?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I think gameplay kits can work as long as they do not have too much impact on the game as a whole. I could see a gameplay kit coming with objects with new functions working very well.
    Dust affects various areas and therefore was a challenging choice for the team to implement.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Personally, I'm 1000% fine with only CAS/BB kits and less gameplay ones.

The problem with the nature of Sims 4 is that bug testing/QA is probably ridiculously overloaded/overworked (with so many different packs that not all players have and with how coding can intertwine; it's hard to cover everything) as it is. And when the kit gameplay itself takes more care/work to get fine tooth-combed for bugs; it's suddenly not worth the investment of the price vs CAS/BB where it's less likely to break code. Especially for a game that is chronically buggy to the brim.

Edit: added some clarifications

you don't have to buy any gameplay items. if anything large packs is going to affect the game more than a single item with

a few styles.

I think its worth the investment

if they did start giving us some requested items with gameplay kits, they might be very popular
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'd love to see a few more kits with some of the items I miss from Sims 2. My wishlist would include:

Sewing machine and/or pottery wheel from Freetime with their craftable items
    Pool table/billiards
    More instruments and the option to play certain ones together as a band (if that would fit in a kit)

But I suspect the bugginess of bust the dust made them step back from them until they can do a better job.

Also they seem to be using CAS/BB sets as filler for gaps in their usual pack release schedule, and gameplay takes more resources that aren't being spent on filler.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I'm willing to give gameplay kits another shot. I think they would work well for something like a small appliance, and maybe some hobby additions, like a handheld telescope. I think it would be very useful way to get things that would function off the grid. Maybe they could add some paper and a quill, or a typewriter. That doesn't seem like it would impact a lot of coding areas.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2021
    I do not expect any worthwhile features or much more gameplay just stuff that would have done well in a stuff pack or any other standard pack. I can't buy into it, it is their product and it is my money
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, my assessment is that they only know how to program/create pretty objects. The lackluster gameplay is really being shown this iteration.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I'd love to see a few more kits with some of the items I miss from Sims 2. My wishlist would include:

Sewing machine and/or pottery wheel from Freetime with their craftable items
    Pool table/billiards
    More instruments and the option to play certain ones together as a band (if that would fit in a kit)

But I suspect the bugginess of bust the dust made them step back from them until they can do a better job.

Also they seem to be using CAS/BB sets as filler for gaps in their usual pack release schedule, and gameplay takes more resources that aren't being spent on filler.

the butter churning
    nectar making, as they did it in the sims 3
    jewelry and stainless window making
    car building
    toy making and lot ticket machine
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon