Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often are Alien abductions?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I've been playing my current save since February this year and so far during my rotation of my families in Newcrest i haven't had any Alien abductions. How often do they occur? Or do they happen in Newcrest?

If, like me, you do not have the Get to Work expansion pack, you will never have them at all, as Aliens are content exclusive to GtW.

Otherwise, I couldn't tell you.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Simmerville
    I had only 2(?) abductions during the 6 years I've been playing (assuming GTW was released pretty early). But I think it increases if you play the Aliens more. I mostly ignore them, but at one point I had one sim start a relation with one in order to get pregnant, and my abductions might have occurred at that time. Aliens are practically none existent in my worlds, except the alien night at bars, of course (which I avoid).

One of the things that make merfolk and aliens different from spellcasters, and, especially, vampires is how the developers made them hidden. Merfolk and Aliens will blend in with human sims, and I've had one of my sims autonomously discover a hidden alien and get angry.

There are no moodlets when discovering merfolk even though they don't look like merfolk if the house isn't merwoke. One of the biggest bugs with merfolk is the tendency for some merfolk to not be hidden in the water when a household isn't merwoke.

I've heard that Aliens only "take an interest" in sims looking for them.

One of the funniest things that ever happened in my game was when I had my Alien Sim start talking about his "discovery of merfolk". Because my save has so many merfolk, he ended up on the dance floor of a nightclub surrounded by my merfolk from other households.

So, they did make Aliens and Merfolk "less active" in games where people "aren't looking" for them.

• Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    In vanilla game they will occur pretty often (for me it was like twice a week or once a week), if you do certain things that let the game know you are “interested” in aliens. It’s basically being in scientist career, searching for truth using telescope, owning space rocks or alien creatures (dead or alive) you can collect from space, space rocket on the lot, knowing alien, having daily contact and high friendship with an alien. From my experience only having contact with aliens and talking to them or being in relationship (friends/romance) is a guarantee that your sim will get abducted. My scientists only got abducted after aliens infiltrated the lab. As far as I know abduction is not connected to any world. If your sim do none of the above you will never be abducted. That’s how the game works for me right now.

Of course you can also increase the chance greatly by owning the satellite dish and calling aliens regularly.