Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About Metal channel

I was looking what my sims were doing in game. Suddenly one of them turned on the radio station. I heard very loud music sounded like heavy metal, and I clicked the menu to low down the volume. I'm not a big fan of Metal genre but I couldn't... You will see why from the screenshots.

6.jpg
I shouldn't low down the volume then? I want to hear the birds singing around the house..?

3.jpg
It sounds like I shouldn't turn off the music..for some reason.

4.jpg
NEXT NOCTURNE?

But anyway, I turned off the radio station, then my sims turned it back on, but now Latin pop this time. :D pheww..

Comments

• Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Love that. Just... love that. That is good. I expect this from the Sims.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hm, I've had my Sims turn it down when it's on Metal, as in Heavy Metal. A little after my time, but my youngest son is fond of it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Okay NOW I want the knitting pack :p

I do know that the grayed-out volume option is the current volume. You can't set it to low if it is already on low.
    (Now, I wonder if the METAL station sounds equally loud at all volume levels, so low volume didn't sound low to you? just a guess)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Okay NOW I want the knitting pack :p

I do know that the grayed-out volume option is the current volume. You can't set it to low if it is already on low.
    (Now, I wonder if the METAL station sounds equally loud at all volume levels, so low volume didn't sound low to you? just a guess)

Oh I already turned the volume down to the lowest level when I took a screenshot. I got more used to the sims 3 volume, so I installed the louder audio mod in my game, and the sound is much louder than usual sound in the sims 4. :D So the sound was still loud after turning down the volume. Is this metal channel added from the knitting pack? I didn’t know this. :D

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    IT'S JUST THAT WE HAVE BAD HEARING DUE TO LISTENING TO THINGS ON HIGH VOLUME

+ SCRREEEEEEAMING IS A NICE WAY TO ARRRRRTICULATE ANY POSSIBLE THOOOOOOOOOOUGGGGGHHHT

SO WHY WOULD YOU EVERRRRRR
    LOWERRRR THE VOLUME
    WHY WOULD YOU EVERRRRR
    TURRRRRN OFF METAAAAAAAAAAL?

WHAT ON EAAAAARRRRTH
    IS THAT SUPPOSED TO
    MEANNNNN?

*headbang furiously*

tbh I'm slightly offended they totally forgot that all metal aint that loud tho... theres also the beautiful singing of nymphs and alike.... and it would never sound too loud
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    That is perfect. I need a smiley throwing bullhorns now...rock on metalheads, rock on...
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2021
    Soon after installing Nifty Knitting, I had given Don Lothario a rocker-style makeover. Put a radio in his home gym and every time he automatically preferred to listen to the Metal station. :D One of my fav stations TBH.

https://youtu.be/qR7U1HIhxfA
    You can't kill the metal
    The metal will live on
    Punk Rock tried to kill the metal
    But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
    New wave tried to kill the metal
    But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
    Grunge tried to kill the metal, hahahaha
    They failed, as they were thrown to the ground
    Aargh! yeah
    No one can destroy the metal
    The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow
    We are the vanquished foes of the metal
    We tried to win for why we do not know
    New wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way
    Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way
    Punk Rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong
    Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong
    Yea!
    Metal!
    It comes from hell!
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Turning down Metal? Why would you do that?
    Exactly what I was thinking too. 🤘

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Please calm down ..LOL I like rock genre but I'm not a fan of HEAVY METAL .. This is too much for me..Maybe I don't get your jokes. :D
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The Sims 4 is largely based on stereotypes so, this really isn't surprising to me. Kinda funny though. Watch Judas Priest's Painkiller on Youtube, It'll make more sense... hehe
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2021
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Please calm down ..LOL I like rock genre but I'm not a fan of HEAVY METAL .. This is too much for me..Maybe I don't get your jokes. :D

:lol: Sorry if I scared ya :sweat_smile:
    It's just my metal upbringing kicking in :sunglasses:

It might be weird in 2021 context
    but when I was just a small northern bean
    metal,punk and rock ruled over everything
    and smoshing was inevitable

and world was a better place
    *cough* or well it probably wasn't but at least there was many songs to scream to if you were angry about someone stealing your toys or something so that was nice

I do steer for little softer music these days cause one can't always headbang (makes my poor old brain all dizzy) but I remember it fondly sometimes

kind of makes me sad though knowing all kids listen to these days is rap and pop :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member

I love metal, so glad it has awesome interactions too :) I feel like SimGuruRusskii was involved lol

ha5uJYq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @Simmingal Sorry for the late comment, I was away from home all day. Thanks for understanding my taste. :D Actually I do like some metal thing but .. my spouse was sleeping when I was playing the sims 4, and suddenly, my sim turned on the METAL..! My spouse has very good ears, so it will wake him up through my headphones. That's why I had to reduce the volume. But yeah I agree that you need some time to scream for cooling down your anger or blowing off some steam. I prefer head banging with Rock music and I'm still doing that in 2021. :D My son still likes the ROCK!! He prefers 70 80's music.

@Arzekial Oh thanks. I definitely listen that song.:D

@Quaay Yes! I thought there should be a huge metal fan in Maxis! :D

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yeah they did a good job with the Metal channel from the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. I wish they could add more songs to it but I guess that's not possible since it belongs to that pack. I had hoped for more different genres like metalcore.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It also affects the upgrade descriptions ("molten armor", "unbreakable armor", and "unfathomable frequencies" instead of the usual).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.