Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Jones/Langerak/Goth Family, 2.0

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    edited February 2022
    Langerak Family, Day 224

IadQYP0.jpg
    When Daisy woke up, I had her do some more work on her athletic skill.

CCEnMCF.jpg
    Meanwhile, I had Ariana do some more paintings. She is 105 days old currently.

Rh5tbps.jpg
    I also decided that Lily needed to learn the athletic skill, as it is one of her traits, just like her mother.

3KlMaJ7.jpg
    Then it was time for Daisy to work in the garden. She is just $2000 shy of reaching the top of the gardener career.

Iqmh1lQ.jpg
    Harlan decided to help Rose learn chess. She got the first couple skill points and he is about halfway through the skill.

wSljuAA.jpg
    Then I sent Daisy on a jog around town for a while, with the brain enhancing power enabled. It came from the PlantSim mod.

cau4wzB.jpg
    Upon returning home, I had Daisy start to teach Lily how to drive. I'll have to buy a fourth car soon so that Lily has her own.

Z2QLJAe.jpg
    Just a random picture of some descendants protesting at City Hall.

QQEjRiq.jpg
    I had sent Ariana to the Bistro for an opportunity, but it was her time to pass away and she left early. I got a notification saying she failed the opportunity.

mg9hFoH.jpg
    Harlan and Lily zoomed to the Bistro as fast as they could, and they happened to get there in time to see Ariana beg the Reaper. However, he refused, and she died for good.

8fkivLm.jpg
    Even though they were upset, I had them watch the cooking channel to get their minds off Ariana's death.

***I messed around too much last night and only ended up playing one day before going to bed. I plan on playing more tonight.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 225 through Day 228 Part 1

***Not changing the name of the story thread, but I've only got Goth's living in the house now so updates are changing to the Goth family.

ekFROqL.jpg
    aTd0AeY.jpg
    To start this update, I waited for everyone to get ready then sent Harlan to the cake. He is now an Adult and has a midlife crisis. This is his second time hitting this life stage, and it'll also be his last. He's basically lived two lifetimes.

khUlNck.jpg
    Afterwards, Daisy took Lily to practice driving again. This time, she completed her training and she can now drive a car. Speaking of which, my Corvette went missing so not sure who took it. Still have the Silverado and Camaro though.

EGyzLQi.jpg
    Rose watched some TV for a bit, I believe it was the kids channel.

5qkmzwH.jpg
    Harlan needed to throw a party for an opportunity, so I decided to have him dance for a bit until they got there. I wanted the partygoers out in the kitchen since it is the biggest open area other than outside.

9xYEyA4.jpg
    Daisy talked with Sheena a bit at the party. She and the other family members actually spent time with a lot of family.

beMLd3x.jpg
    I had sent Rose over to Dwight's house to visit relatives. However, she spent most of the time playing tag with him until this happened. Looks like his head is caught in the fence.

Di6AM35.jpg
    An aerial view of the partygoers dancing.

9jsFTkJ.jpg
    When the party had ended, Daisy went to work in the garden.

3LzRHOk.jpg
    I had Lily work with the chemistry table some. She hasn't got them all yet.

Iq5ZGzH.jpg
    Daisy did some more exercising in an attempt to reach the top of the skill.

lV3ma8O.jpg
    T9SvJ7D.jpg
    Harlan wanted a little loving so he and Daisy ended up kissing, and woohooing.

qgZ3LX6.jpg
    Daisy had a low social meter for some reason, so I had her chat with her hologram creature.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 225 through Day 228 Part 2

7MgcczP.jpg
    In the morning, the family ate pancakes for breakfast.

JjSXtSi.jpg
    Both Harlan and Daisy had wishes related to athletics so that is what they started out with after breakfast. Daisy was very close to getting athletics finished.

cybaeBM.jpg
    They went on a date after Daisy finished in the garden. I never really have Sims windsurf so decided to have them do that.

8wARLLP.jpg
    Daisy asked her distant relative, Alex Langerak, out to the beach. However, he said no so she ended up calling Brannon Naquin instead. I was going off the guys she already showed interest in.

DHtQQVa.jpg
    They did their homework together and about that time, I heard Harlan and Daisy stop windsurfing.

xMgtwaY.jpg
    Lily had a wish to learn guitar, so she took it out in the kitchen to learn to play. Luckily, her time on the xylophone as a toddler paid off and she started out at level 2.

aqxt8AN.jpg
    Either later that night, or early the next morning, Lily worked more on her athletic skill.

mJRq7tm.jpg
    For some reason while she was playing chess, Daisy looked at the wall.

PqtboQ2.jpg
    Rose had a wish to preside over the Royal Court, and since it was easy, I granted that wish. She's only staying in the household until she gets married later on but it'll help her if I get her some rewards.

SjDHDev.jpg
    Daisy went to the park since it was one of her wishes, and I had her chat with some of the townies there. To be honest, it's mostly descendants of Emily that are still left, but a lot of them are distant cousins now. This woman's name is Beth (Sekemoto) Gaffney, and she is married to a pudding face that the game generated. She is the granddaughter of Sam Sekemoto and Rain (Forest-Sekemoto) Langerak. Her mother is the daughter of Christen Bunch, so this does make her a distant relative of Daisy's. (I have to thank my FamilyEcho tree for this one, I use it to reference how someone is related so I can keep track).

7VAat80.jpg
    Daisy felt a bit more comfortable with skating, so she got a wish to do a spin.

CBXKgfI.jpg
    Rose and Lily are both good at doing their homework autonomously.

WdtWYfi.jpg
    Daisy still needs to reach the top of the logic skill to complete her LTW, so I had her challenge Harlan to a few games of chess.

LESFZ6d.jpg
    For the first time in her life, Lily photosynthesized outside.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 225 through Day 228 Part 3

I2TqYiM.jpg
    Lily invited Brannon over again and he said yes so they hung out for a bit in the front yard. If they end up together, his name might slightly get altered to Brandon. However, either way, I got rid of his old haircut and slightly edited his face.

T1XFoUv.jpg
    5EELpyH.jpg
    Then, I had them start to flirt a bit and Brannon seemed very receptive to it. It led to Lily pressing her luck and giving him a kiss.

T5NIKSY.jpg
    I sent them over to one of the pools in town to swim, when I realized that Brannon was wearing a diving suit.

2kcHj2D.jpg
    Lily saw that Troy Langerak was at the pool so she went to talk with him. He is Dwight's son.

2Rt76ln.jpg
    kqy9233.jpg
    Then it was time for Rose to age up. I was getting tired at this point, so I didn't give her a makeover yet.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Brandontaylor
    It looks like Daisy and Harlan are having fun windsurfing!
    Nice to see that decendants of the Bunches and the Sekemotos are still around! <3
    The flower girls are looking good, so is Brannon. I can see why you would change his name to Brandon :D
    Does plantsims have longer lifespans than normal sims?

Post edited by ZhakiraP on
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @ZhakiraP Yeah, they did seem to be having fun.
    I believe it is just Goth's, Langerak's, Bunches, and Sekemoto's left in the world now. Probably would have been more if I would have stopped aging for the first week or so to let other Sims have babies. Think when I do the move after generation 10, I'll pause aging for a week so that townies have more time to start families.
    Yeah, I associate Brannon more as a last name than I do a first name for a few reasons.
    No, Plantsims live the same lifespan as regular Sims. However, Daisy previously wished for a longer life from a genie, so she has a double lifespan now.
    Thanks for the comments! Be on the lookout for more coming up in a bit.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Day 228 continued and Day 229

gZXIkT8.jpg
    Here is Rose after her makeover. I didn't touch her genetics at all, so her face is 100% identical to her mothers. However, I gave her a different hairstyle and makeup to so it should help make them look a bit different.

oOnjpqR.jpg
    Brannon (haven't officially renamed him to Brandon yet) was still at the house, and he didn't join the birthday party. Instead, he did his homework. It seems funny to see so much green hair at the table.

TBUyELL.jpg
    Then, since Rose is now a teenager, I decided that Harlan would be the one to teach her to drive. She wasn't as lucky as her sister because she had to learn to drive in this big truck.

ghp6uk8.jpg
    Daisy stayed home for the day again so she could continue with the logic skill. I may have to have her throw a protest to get the skill building moodlet, or there are other ways to help.

4JXjD9O.jpg
    cWfCbjg.jpg
    Lily gave Brannon one of her flower kisses, and he was happy about it. Then she asked him to go steady and he accepted.

sgpvNZe.jpg
    The following morning, Lily was trying to learn the cooking skill. I might just send her to classes on a weekend day so that she gets several skills.

uMvrPli.jpg
    cZBvxF0.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy had tried for baby a few times after Rose was born, and I happened to realize there were two seeds I hadn't used. I had her plant them a few days prior and it was time to harvest them. Daisy harvested a girl she named Ivy (after Poison Ivy from Batman, which I plan on basing this Ivy), and Harlan harvested another girl named Holly. For both girls, I used the parent who didn't pick them and used MC to transfer a bit of their genetics into the kids as well. This way, they won't be clones of their parents, or their sisters.

os3bK3m.jpg
    Daisy went to the park for a bit, just to enjoy the nice day. There, she ran into Beth (Sekemoto) Gaffney and they had a nice little chat while Jaimee played by their feet. Beth might get a makeover today when I play as I feel she needs a little tweaking in clothing, makeup, and hair if I feel like it.

lcVB5HI.jpg?1
    The two friends took a picture together to remember this moment. I think this picture is cute.

eSXGzyA.jpg
    Before she said goodbye, Daisy played with Jaimee a bit.

oIal7BL.jpg
    Daisy thought since it was such as nice day that she would photosynthesize at the park. However, this dog got confused about what he was seeing. :lol:

2Gs4UzX.jpg
    pgtZWkG.jpg
    Then to close out this update, it was time for the teens to go to prom. Lily almost forgot about it, so I clicked on the limo to have her go. Unfortunately, it messed up Rose so I had to send her separately. Lily met up with Brannon there and was crowned Prom Queen, while Rose went alone. I'll see about hooking her up when I play tonight. I also got a notification that Brannon had aged up to young adult while at prom, so I better check in with him to see if he needs new clothes and hair.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 230 thru Days 233

ahc6r4x.jpg
    Harlan got up and took care of one of the babies. I can't remember if it's Holly or Ivy.

YHrR6u1.jpg
    Lily need to raise her fun meter some, so I had her play some chess.

m4fdlQA.jpg
    Daisy worked some more in her garden in an attempt to get some perfect plants. I'm not sure what day she planted life fruit, but I know that I got a seed somehow. I didn't even know that I had it until I looked in inventory.

tHB9oI7.jpg
    Lily invited Brandon (I changed his name) over to hang out. She asked him if he'd move in with her and he said he would. However, Harlan and Daisy said they would have to sleep in different beds.

S2wacxe.jpg
    cDkAZpT.jpg
    After moving in, I found out Brandon had a romantic interest: Janis Langerak. I sent him to one of the parks to break things off with her. Needless to say, she wasn't very happy about it, but Brandon smoothed things over and they are still good friends.

2IjcEOS.jpg
    Afterwards, I sent him to the park to see if there was a Potent Cure Elixir to make him a normal Sim. However, I didn't find one, so I'm debating whether to keep him as a fairy or not. I'm almost thinking I'll just keep him as a fairy.

dFjFOKV.jpg
    Harlan and Brandon are the only ones who have to eat in the home. Sometimes, the Plantsim ladies do eat, even though they don't have to.

KKRW9ow.jpg
    The two eldest daughters decided to play chess together. Lily also chatted with Rose about trying to find a boyfriend for her. Lily knows a guy who might be someone Rose would like, so Lily promises to give him a call soon.

cMjvldh.jpg
    Thought I could use a couple elixirs to get Daisy's last logic skill point, but they increased other skills instead.

mXoNyja.jpg
    Brandon wanted to get to know the family, so he decided to chat with Rose.

WxHUofs.jpg
    Va5EHZ6.jpg
    The "twins" had their birthday and immediately went to play with the dollhouse together. I need to edit Ivy's hair, was trying to go for a darker redhead since I named her Ivy. Pamela Isley (aka Poison Ivy) is a redhead, and I was going to slightly base this Ivy off the comic character.

***Part two coming up next.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 230 thru Days 233 continued

31zOBLs.jpg
    Lily was to her word and suggested that Alex Langerak take his sights off her, and to see if he had anything common with Rose instead. Luckily, they did hit it off and slowly worked up a relationship. On the other hand, he had 0 days left to age up and after he left, he became a young adult, and started dating someone. Looks like Rose will have to look elsewhere.

s1z5Z6l.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy took their children down to the kitchen and started to teach them how to walk.

rNJ4Tyy.jpg
    Brandon decided to help them out by taking Rose driving.

uXSx7z0.jpg
    Lily decided to play her guitar, and the option to make learning charisma and guitar her LTW came up. I went ahead and accepted that one, maybe I'll have Lily start a band with Rose playing keyboard. Not sure about the bass yet, but I think maybe Brandon for the drums.

m7CzU9W.jpg
    More working in the garden for Daisy. I think I'll add some alchemy ingredients next.

NulLQ0P.jpg
    I granted as many wishes for Brandon as I could, one of which was to learn a recipe. That was an easy one, others were visiting the festival, among other things.

7kELRRv.jpg
    Brandon is an angler, but the job he really wants is a stylist. Since I don't want him to be a stylist, he joined the angler career instead. He got wishes for that job, after the stylist one.

MtFcNsg.jpg
    Then he used his fairy aura of soothing for a while as he exercised in front of the TV, shortly after this picture. I had more to post, but I accidentally killed Daisy so I deleted that. Also, my game crashed shortly after I resurrected her, so that was another reason. Day 234 will be different and Daisy won't have died since I found out what done it. With a mod, Plantsims can cause plants to grow faster, but it uses a bit of their hydration. I didn't realize this, and I accidentally used it one too many times. Let's just say that was a nightmare Harlan had and move on.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Goth Family, Day 234

BuXb45s.jpg
    Daisy continued her work in the garden. She has a longer lifespan still due to a genie wish so she'll be around a while but since Lily has the Green Thumb trait, she can take over when Daisy is gone.

3a6Mvy3.jpg
    Harlan had another opportunity to exercise for 4 hours to get celebrity points. I want them to have high celebrity status for now, so I went ahead and done it. Eventually, I'll get rid of the celebrity status but not sure what town or generation I'll do that. In the background, the older daughters play chess again.

wvVQsFz.jpg
    Brandon joined in as well, with the same opportunity. He used the aura that helps with athleticism, logic, etc. to help himself and Harlan. It also helped the girls as they played chess.

Sm3oO7P.jpg
    Upstairs a bit later, Harlan and Daisy helped the "twins" learn how to talk. They technically aren't twins but since they were born on the same day, they may as well be.

YUkPwxl.jpg
    Since Brandon is in the angler career, I thought I'd get him started on it. He caught several fish, which I later sold to get him his first promotion.

DMGgEID.jpg\
    Brandon doesn't have the childish trait, but he wanted a trampoline for some reason. Wish granted.

7OH6gRR.jpg
    The girls came back from school so I made sure they got their homework done before I let them do anything else.

xhb5icL.jpg
    Daisy still had one more person to get interested in the Bistro, so she ran across the street to the Israel household and got that finished.

Bb1wFjU.jpg
    Harlan and Brandon got to know each other a bit better over supper. The ladies were off doing other stuff and did not join the men.

NkQjZyB.jpg
    Harlan got invited to a party so I sent everyone else to bed so I could focus on him at the party. He took an invigorating elixir to help him stay up longer, the last one I had. He caught up with one of Daisy's relatives, Jenna Langerak.

5bB9e7O.jpg
    He also caught up with Dwight Langerak. Dwight and Rain just recently had another baby named Tyler. They already have a son named Troy.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Brandontaylor
    I thought Brandon was Dwight for some reason. :D
    Anyway he is looking good! :)
    The twins are cute! <3
    Too bad about that Langerak guy for Rose, hearts and everything. :s
    The speed of your lifespan settings are making my head spin :D
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP They are pretty similar in hairstyles. However, Dwight is living in another household now.
    Thanks! He gets some of his good looks from his mother, Carrie (Langerak) Naquin.
    Thank you, I'm hoping they grow up to be pretty young ladies.
    Yeah, I know. I found some other potential spouses for her but not working out the best at the moment.
    I kind of think I'm going to lengthen them a bit when I start the new town at generation 10/11. At least add 10 days to the lifespan to make it 100 or so. From the looks of things, I think fairies are the next occult state I'm doing, since Brandon is one.
    Thanks for the comments! Getting ready to post a bit more next.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 235 thru Day 237

NIH4lkz.jpg
    Daisy still has her little holographic creature, Shonna. It helps her out when she needs to talk to someone quickly. Probably going to get a dragon though when I get Dragon Valley.

voo07Aj.jpg
    Downstairs, the girls played another round of chess. Each of them are getting skilled in it.

NJ5vkJi.jpg
    Daisy got the opportunity for more celebrity points so I decided to take it.

Nq1NPtq.jpg
    Brandon helped the twins learn to use the potty, even though they don't need to. It's just so I can pick their traits.

vyzbtSA.jpg
    The paparazzi lady wants to keep using the trampoline so I put it in the inventory after I got her off it.

GAl9MN4.jpg
    Brandon had an opportunity to meet a celebrity that some of you may remember. Michael Langerak is Ariana's younger brother and he is now an elder. Brandon didn't have enough celebrity status to chat with him, but he easily fixed that by name dropping Daisy, talking about the family wealth, and bragging about his fishing skill.

OEvi2LS.jpg
    It was either lunch or supper so I decided to have someone make some salad. The fridge is getting full of tomatoes now so the salad has a nice quality to it.

T97SA3d.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy took a turn at playing chess and Daisy finally hit level 9 of logic. She got a bit of a start on her last skill point.

GZzUeli.jpg
    The family hired a maid to help take care of the house because there is so much going on. I randomized her face so she isn't a pudding face.

Ii1iPwb.jpg
    This is the last time that Lily had to do homework. She didn't really have to if I didn't want to, but I didn't want to hurt her grade.

YlMWjKA.jpg
    I'd almost forgot I was having her work with the chemical table, so I had her do that.

jcwWiuC.jpg
    Rose asked one of her classmates out on a friendly outing. I believe he is Brett Goth, but I may have mixed his name up with another one I tried. And yes, she invited him to the family cemetery. :tongue:

Jqa4mXl.jpg
    Things at the chemistry table did not work out as planned, so I had to send Lily to the shower. She hasn't learned any beneficial ones yet.

***The second part will be posted next. Only had 28 screenshots so I broke the update down into 14 for each post.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 235 thru Day 237 continued

fh7husa.jpg
    I got a bit busy with things so Harlan and Daisy hadn't had much time together. I decide to have them woohoo since it had been a bit.

wcWPaHz.jpg
    Lily went to the park for a while with Brandon. She is getting pretty skilled at the guitar, but Brandon was brand new to the drums. Rose came by later and joined them on keyboard.

X3lEyUS.jpg
    After a while, Brandon and Harlan were getting hungry. Harlan was at a party so I sent him over to eat. Lily just made herself a snow cone, as did Rose.

4ttZA2d.jpg
    Daisy was working on another opportunity so she was doing the chatting part of it.

WpQGk3s.jpg
    The following morning, Harlan decided to make some pancakes. Unfortunately, other Sims usually did the cooking so he ended up burning them. I'm not sure why, he has a decent cooking skill and the house has the highest appliances.

59W3OC9.jpg
    Daisy continued teaching the girls how to use the potty.

TldCfqp.jpg
    She then had a bit of a chat with the maid. Her name is Kay Cox.

pfFo0Qz.jpg
    NFI89et.jpg
    It was time for Lily to age up to young adult. Brandon is inappropriate so he makes fun of anyone when they age up.

qUysXiA.jpg
    They young girls got a block table to play at. I got it since I knew it would help them build up a relationship.

z6CjwUN.jpg
    tA464nX.jpg
    Here is Lily after her makeover. I wasn't sure on the hair but I decided to keep it. Afterwards, the family celebrated by eating cake.

uY1Gtnj.jpg
    Lily looks like she is getting mad at Rose about exercise, but she is actually just enthused about it.

S7K2P8F.jpg
    She was happy to finally be able to kiss Brandon again, something she hadn't been able to for several updates.

p01sCZT.jpg
    She also was happy because she and Brandon could finally woohoo, something she enjoyed.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Day 238

***Haven't officially closed the poll yet, but it looks like Moonlight Falls is the next destination for the family. I believe that fairies will be the starting generation there, but might change depending on who Lily's descendants marry. We are still on generation 6 at the moment, so we have a bit before generation 10 moves there. I think generation 10 will find someone to marry there.

6zw5ov6.jpg
    For breakfast, the family ate some pancakes that Harlan had made. This time, he did not burn them.

7xPAlzN.jpg
    WuYQFvr.jpg
    Lily got a call saying that Pierre Langerak wanted to go on a date with her. Lily said yes, but only because she thought Rose might like him instead. Rose took her cue and just happened to show up. Lily played guitar while Rose chatted with Pierre.

CBgRkrJ.jpg
    After a bit of talking, it was clear that they were attracted to one another. The only bad thing is that he has the insane trait. :lol:

HuwdMG5.jpg
    Ivy and Holly played with the blocks table. I've decided that Ivy isn't going to be based on Poison Ivy anymore, but is still named after her.

ruvycik.jpg
    Brandon is unemployed, mostly so he can learn to play drums. He's still got 90 days before he even ages to Adult, so he has a while anyway. The family is already rich, though, so I'm not too worried if he never gets a job.

hJ34iRV.jpg
    Rose shared her first kiss with Pierre, but then it was time for him to head to work. At least I can safely say that Rose should be set for when the time comes to move her out.

UuowiSX.jpg
    Seems that Lily always has to chat about athletics. There are other things she could discuss with her sister.

Zwlshdv.jpg
    Rose has been practicing her piano skills as well. I heard her playing "I've Been Working on The Railroad" and "Three Blind Mice."

MXymKeB.jpg
    I want Brandon to lose the Naquin last name so the family will stay Goth's. I ended up having Lily propose to him and she'll be the one to initiate the wedding as well. It'll be nice because I can tie my Goth's into the Moonlight Falls ones by saying Harlan's line are distant relatives to the ones there.

QTg9g9n.jpg
    Lily needed watered, so what better way than to have her fiance join her?

JZAuukx.jpg
    Only Harlan and Brandon ate supper, and shortly after, I gave Harlan hardly hungry. There is almost no need for food in the house at the moment.

LPsyWLW.jpg
    Lastly, Lily, Rose, and Brandon had a jam session for a few hours before bed. The next day was a Sunday, so there was no hurry to get to bed other than the toddlers needed put to bed.
  • Options
    Langerak Family Day 239

e1HwnRx.jpg
    Brandon was one of the first ones up, so he ate breakfast on his own.

n6g0P5S.jpg
    YcerkpT.jpg
    Then it was time for the twins birthdays.

V2eKbgB.jpg
    24WSODg.jpg
    I dressed them up in similar outfits, although one is in pajamas at the moment.

LvIwlRh.jpg
    The birthdays took a while for some reason, so I ended up just letting everyone eat. Harlan was getting hungry finally after I gave him Hardly Hungry.

7SY520Y.jpg
    Rose wanted a karaoke machine, so I put one in her room. I took it out later, but kept it so they can use it again.

NakCXxd.jpg
    Holly and Ivy sat and watched TV for a while.

fvXR57Z.jpg
    For some reason, Beth Gaffney was standing on the front porch. If you remember, she was the lady that Daisy took a selfie with in my profile pic. However, I edited Beth to be sort of a modern vampire lady, and changed her name to Elizabeth.

xw4OmzB.jpg
    Before bed, Harlan sang a song with his daughter while Brandon booed them.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 240-244 Part 1

bG25Ath.jpg
    ZDi30j1.jpg
    Brandon was the only one who needed to eat, and he was also the first up. He played drums after eating his breakfast, he plans to drum in Lily's band.

by6A3EC.jpg
    Harlan talked with Rose as soon as she woke up. They are pretty close, but maybe not a full relationship bar.

pZjexnT.jpg
    Downstairs, Lily decided to play chess with Holly. The twins will at least have a few skill points in logic by the time they leave the house.

e2593Ks.jpg
    Nearby, Ivy decided she wanted to play video games instead of learning a skill.

oK9LkCt.jpg
    Daisy decided to randomly take a selfie with Rose, and I really like their facial expressions in this one.

ds6Kvps.jpg
    I had thought that I'd finished with Rose's driving skill, but I actually hadn't. I had Harlan help her get her license.

tSHrRrB.jpg
    PDzPzBl.jpg
    Lily went to city hall to officially register in the band career. I don't know how far she'll get in it, but it's more for fun than it is for money. She got a phone call on her way home, and it must've been a good one because she didn't look mad.

Of7IV9u.jpg
    Brandon wanted to gain in athletics so he decided to use his aura to help with it. It also helped Daisy and Rose with their logic skill. At this point, Daisy still hadn't reached level 10 yet, so she hadn't finished her LTW either.

RVloGOr.jpg
    k40M3AT.jpg
    ruW3E90.jpg
    Brandon and Lily decided to go on a date to the Bistro. When they were done, Lily saw an incomplete snowman so she decided to make it a complete one. John Langerak happened to be there, he is Lily's uncle. Brandon needed to chat with him to complete an opportunity so it worked out perfectly.

c0Q7Vxy.jpg
    The following morning, I decided everyone should eat breakfast together. I figured they should at least once or twice a week.

17zvEtB.jpg
    Harlan needed to chat with 3 Sims to finish an opportunity, so I saw there were several deceased members of the family who had came back for the night. Here, Harlan chats with Emily Jones, the whole reason this family even exists.

PumRuRg.jpg
    ldLAMam.jpg
    Lastly for this part of the update, Daisy bought a skill booster elixir in the hopes it'd help with her logic. However, it boosted another skill instead.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 240-244 Part 2

eifJSgX.jpg
    Both Harlan and Daisy had reasons why they needed to exercise, so I set them up to do so for as long as they needed to.

FiISujV.jpg
    Lily invited Elizabeth Gaffney over so she could get to know her. With Elizabeth being a vampire, she'll be around awhile. There is a good possibility of me trying to marry her into the family somehow.

9J7Uh6G.jpg
    vmhrLas.jpg
    However, Harlan hated her as soon as he saw her. He could deal with witches and werewolves, but he wasn't the biggest fan of fairies or vampires. I remember I had fun trying to get him to befriend Brandon. I don't know why, but he probably should have the Supernatural Skeptic trait.

PskJ90r.jpg
    Lily had a jam session with Brandon. At the time, Rose wasn't available to back them up with the keyboard.

ZrRStTi.jpg
    Rose invited Pierre over and they spent some time together. I don't remember, but I believe I was trying to get them to be in a steady relationship but he had to leave too early or something.

zG7pmAw.jpg
    That following morning, Daisy went back to playing chess. Still didn't have the last skill point at the time the picture was taken, though she may have gotten it by the time I had her quit. I can't remember now since it has been a bit since I took these screenshots.

pRARbsr.jpg
    When she did stop, she spent a bit of time with Harlan.

g4EHsRc.jpg
    Holly decided that she wanted to paint a picture so I left her alone to do so. I don't know if she'll go far in it, but it's something for her to do.

L4XIDUS.jpg
    Daisy had forgotten to practice martial arts, so she talked Harlan through the first skill point so she could spar with him. This means that between the picture of her playing chess and this one, she had completed her logic skill.

xS2OPu5.jpg
    Brandon and Lily are really enjoying their extended engagement. I just had to wait for the right time to try and have one. It was winter at the time so they couldn't have it outdoors.

aDDdUkT.jpg
    Lastly for part 2, Ivy and Holly were just getting ready to play tag.

***One more update for tonight, but if I have any screenshots left, I'll save them for later.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 240-244 Part 3

NIkAqNI.jpg
    jKsPl40.jpg
    Rose tried to invite Pierre over, but he wouldn't come over. Instead, I ended up sending her over to his house and they chatted there, until it was time for him to go to work. Luckily, his father showed up right about that time so Rose stayed and chatted with him.

LafQ6HC.jpg
    After a few minutes time, Pierre came back from work and Rose finally got to ask him to go steady.

RZwsxbL.jpg
    0ti7EIU.jpg
    Then at one point in my last play session, it was time for Rose to become a Young Adult. Of course, when a Plantsim ages, they always go back to these clothes. I don't know how much you can tell, but she has the same exact face as Daisy.

MyhilJS.jpg
    For her makeover, I did a few subtle changes to her sliders to make her a bit different from Daisy. I believe I gave her a darker eye color too, just to make her a bit unique.

oEKmcur.jpg
    Pierre had stayed with the family for the night so he got to enjoy the party as well, although you can't see him very well.

bbWpaLx.jpg
    Lily played some more guitar to try and build that skill up.

y0pMga2.jpg
    K2vKAp5.jpg
    However, I decided to clean out the kitchen so I could throw a wedding for her and Brandon. The twins and Rose are all getting closer to being able to move out, so I decided now was a good time.

HvCQx6G.jpg
    Then, some family members and guest had a jam session. Brandon's drums went invisible for some reason but I fixed it later.

HvCQx6G.jpg
    Afterwards, the family went to the Bistro to eat while I put the kitchen back together the way it was. I took a picture with my smartphone so I would remember how it was set up.

4Tb13IO.jpg
    Lastly, Lily and Brandon showered together since they both needed to. Of course, we know what they were doing in there. :wink:
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Days 240-244 Part 4

***Last part of these several days, next update after will be from last nights play session.

FFzLkWl.jpg
    Harlan spent a little bit of time watching TV in the morning.

qcqORPM.jpg
    Daisy didn't come downstairs when she woke up and instead read a book.

sLwQFAH.jpg
    When Brandon got up, I sent him to get some breakfast since he was hungry. He's like 90 days away from being an adult now so he'll outlive Lily. However, she might use some methods to live longer just so they can stay together.

JP2nxqn.jpg
    Lily went downstairs to play some chess. It was still winter so she couldn't really do anything outside.

gVtFBCT.jpg
    Rose had a wish to make a snow angel so I sent her outside to make one before sending her back in.

2gphS8j.jpg
    Holly had a wish to skate so I sent her off to do that.

OzrBHpF.jpg
    The other family members also went to the park with her, but they didn't make any money for the band.

sz7rdZR.jpg
    Daisy decided to try out the snowboard thing and she did pretty good.

WnTN74A.jpg
    8uYPCyI.jpg
    Pierre happened to be on the front steps when he aged up. He needs a makeover but I'll get to it soon. He's not living in the house with the family anyway, and since Rose is a young adult now, I moved her into her own house.
  • Options
    Goth Family Update, Day 245

Vf6gb35.jpg
    Daisy's social bar was getting pretty low so I had her chat with her sprite.

SK3go4E.jpg
    When Lily came downstairs, she complimented her mother on her looks then they just chatted about random stuff.

edNwaMT.jpg
    Holly decided to paint another painting, this one gained the family $6.

3bIM8B4.jpg
    Once everyone woke up, everybody but Harlan went to the diner for breakfast. Behind Brandon's wings is his grandmother, Rain Langerak. She is getting closer to being an elder but she probably won't hit it for several weeks.

sOGBPIC.jpg
    Harlan had a wish to use the martial arts dummy so I put it out long enough for him to use it.

lzXHCVX.jpg
    When Daisy got back home, she and Harlan took a steamy shower together.

o17X391.jpg
    Lily and Brandon practiced their instruments.

u6FHLX1.jpg
    Meanwhile, Daisy exercised for 6 hours straight for a wish.

6tAG6bC.jpg
    The twins played chess together. One of them didn't even have any logic skill when I thought they did, but both do now.

UeQDfBK.jpg
    Harlan went to a party where he chatted with a distant relative of his. However, the guy kept neglecting to feed his toddler.

bLLuXSL.jpg
    John Langerak was at the party and a random named Deidre gave him flowers. I thought he was still with Carly but maybe I'm wrong.

677SjG7.jpg
    Dwight was also at the party so Harlan went to chat with him and gave him a hug.

ILxaaCN.jpg
    LzpAMlm.jpg
    I tried the divide by 0 thing on Daisy, not knowing what would happen. Guess I won't be doing that again.

qQFXCOA.jpg
    Lastly, I sent everyone to bed but had Brandon get something to eat. However, he forgot to eat his supper so I had to wake him up to eat.
  • Options
    Goth Family Day 246, part 1

***Got too tired to finish the day last night so this is only part of it. I'll play the rest of it tonight.

LdGel90.jpg
    XbTiZX5.jpg
    The main focus of this day was to celebrate several birthdays, so I had Daisy go first. I pretty much dressed her the way she was, but not 100% with all outfits.

lndiFUv.jpg
    iIW5v37.jpg
    Then it was time for Ivy to age up to teenager. I think she turned out well.

98dCdcf.jpg
    IsvmdSV.jpg
    3Xyu0m6.jpg
    Last but not least, Holly aged up. I just used MC to copy Ivy's clothes over to her, then colored them differently so they aren't the same. Then the family ate cake before i shut things down.
  • Options
    Goth Family Day 246, part 2

N3jhYsY.jpg
    Brandon Goth had a wish to play drums in the park so I sent him there. It might look cold due to the melting snow, but it was in the 40's and raining. I sent him elsewhere when it started to rain.

4spkGbB.jpg
    After the birthday party from part 1 of this day, I guess Daisy must have wanted to burn off the birthday cake. I don't remember if it was for an opportunity, but it was either that or a wish.

K1l9qPv.jpg
    One of the twins practiced driving with Lily. However, I cannot tell you which girl it is now, especially since I can't make them out in the picture.

Goth Family, Days 247 and 248 Part 1

myEoB0A.jpg
    The following morning, the whole family watched TV together. It was a Monday, so I was trying to get everyone's fun bar up before they headed to work and school.

ON5hhXs.jpg
    6jrd4m8.jpg
    Brandon and Lily got a little romantic with the house being almost empty. Afterwards, they headed to the park to play as a band.

GpE1UR8.jpg
    Harlan had an opportunity to steal campaign money, which he had resisted until this moment. I didn't know how the chances of getting fired were set, so I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, he did get fired and he started freaking out about it. However, it's not like the family needs more money and he was about to retire anyway.

FeUtakg.jpg
    And since he got fired, I decided to have him streak through the grass of City Hall. No one even paid attention to him and he never did get in trouble.

EdCVJRF.jpg
    Harlan: Hey, Daisy? Guess what.
    Daisy: What?
    Harlan: (whispers in her ear) I got fired!
    Daisy: Lol, who cares?

76aPIPx.jpg
    Afterwards, Harlan spent some time chatting with Daisy's uncle Michael.

83KC0DB.jpg
    Q39mo0h.jpg
    Then it was time for his second age up to elder. I had control over him this time, though, so I made him over to be similar to his younger counterpart.

aN2i2Ub.jpg
    The family ate cake afterwards to celebrate.

79DLexI.jpg
    Lastly, the girls did their homework before it was time to go to bed.

***An update or two will be posted tomorrow and then I'm all caught up.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Days 247 and 248 Part 2

x6Leocn.jpg
    It was early in the morning when Daisy went out to check the mail. It was time for bills again, and they usually are somewhere around a couple thousand.

9Glwyhp.jpg
    Upstairs, Brandon decided to do the chattering teeth prank on Harlan. It did not go over well with him, and he ended up yelling at Brandon.

988Ajyt.jpg
    When Daisy had finished getting the mail, she went out to the garden to work. Winter had ended recently so it was time to start taking care of it again.

oIj2gsn.jpg
    Brandon and Lily went upstairs to woohoo. They aren't quite ready to have children yet so they make sure they are careful.

j7wDkxS.jpg
    Being fired or retired means one has time to do things they normally didn't have time for. Playing video games is one of them.

H3J80aG.jpg
    I sent Daisy out to fish for fun, but I know that she'd get some fish I could use for fertilizer.

I4VPCNG.jpg
    Lily randomly decided to play her guitar in the front room. However, I had something else I wanted her to do so I stopped her after taking the picture.

XypYnbI.jpg
    Daisy and Brandon, though, were practicing their instruments together. I don't remember, but Lily might have joined them later.

vjC0HhG.jpg
    The twins had came back from school so I set them up to do homework together. Brandon was hungry, so he had some cake for a snack.

ZVnDVLw.jpg
    Lily went to a party (which actually probably explains the reason she wasn't practicing with her husband and mother) and this little girl was being neglected. Lily felt sorry for her and fed her a bottle.

QHG58Lp.jpg
    Elizabeth was at the party, and Lily did acknowledge her but not for long. I saw someone else there so I decided right then and there to say hello.

hB9HrTY.jpg
    L4U-Rn was the one I wanted to say hello to, and I convinced her to come back to live with the family. It was easy to get her to break up with Toaster, but I only did this because I kind of miss L4U-Rn. I might make a little "story" for her in future updates, but I'm trying to figure out how I'll do it.

6akbqVz.jpg
    She had a lot of ITF things in her inventory so I sold some of them, and kept a couple.

lpECDKR.jpg
    After getting all charged up, I had her do some painting. My idea is to make her a master painter so she can build up some money for the family. I might not really have my Sims work so that they can focus on family, although at least one Sim will have a job. And I also don't know how long L4U-Rn is staying, but I plan on having her around at least for the Moonlight Falls move.
  • Options
    Goth Family, Day 249

***Found out that PlantSims will have babies with their spouse if you aren't playing them. I got a message saying Rose and Pierre are having a child soon.

8UwxsZY.jpg
    A few hours after the last update ended, Daisy woke up to chat with L4U-Rn. They were basically just getting acquainted.

MISEcr4.jpg
    Harlan and Brandon ate their breakfast together. They are at least friends, even if Harlan isn't the biggest fan of fairies.

qUTc6zj.jpg
    Daisy was gardening pretty early, and it looks even earlier since I put in a Brntwaffles lighting mod in not long ago.

pOtuqNP.jpg
    L4U-Rn painted a picture while everyone was getting ready. She only has chips in that let her clean or learn skills, she doesn't really have any that make her more like a Sim.

Grf2nNT.jpg
    Harlan was having a random conversation with Lily, but it looks like he was complimenting her on something.

ePUXdrT.jpg
    Shortly after, Lily decided to do some exercising. A bit later, Brandon ended up joining her.

5znPi1M.jpg
    When he had finished, he started to chat with L4U-Rn.

OSL4awF.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy went on a small date, but they only did some dancing.

IW0wUwT.jpg
    A paparazzo was hanging around and I wanted to irritate her a bit, so I had Brandon prank her.

bC96hj0.jpg
    Lily had a wish to have a pillow fight with the Plumbot, so I granted it. It's one of the easier ones to grant.

rdWaiXt.jpg
    zHaYQO5.jpg
    Either Harlan or Daisy wanted to spar, and it wasn't working when they were at home, so I had them do it in the park. Then, they played horseshoes for a bit before I sent them home.

5qhPg01.jpg
    3M6dANw.jpg
    Ivy came home from school but Holly stayed for an opportunity. I had Ivy do her homework right when she hit the lot boundaries, so she picked a spot under the tree to do homework. She also had a wish to photosynthesize so I granted that one.

TRbpWDP.jpg
    oaUTdCA.jpg
    Brandon is getting a bit too much with his pranking, and Lily is getting tired of it. She loves the man, but enough is enough. Even I am getting tired of him making his family mad, but I don't mind if he does it to non-household members.

IjtaLTe.jpg
    Lastly, Harlan and Daisy ended their date night with woohoo. Not long ago, one of them had a wish for another baby, but I declined it. They already have four together, and Harlan has six children all together. However, his children with his ex are dead now, only his grandkids from them remain.