November 26th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
November 30th: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Diminish the Torment Legacy Challenge- Rules and LP

1235...Next

Comments

• AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 91 Member
    @mightysprite
    wow, that's some career-change for Becca. So unexpected!
    It was really dramatic how Clarence passed away. During a thunderstorm. And then losing a friend right after is so not fair.
    It's always interesting how the family dynamics change after the head of the family passes. Who takes over and how are important aspects of everyday life handled.
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
    Chapter 2.5. Birthdays and Winterfest a.k.a Family Time
    On the second day of winter we had another set of birthdays. Kirk and Samir are young adults now.
    ndh86SM.jpg

Only me and Jose have to still go to high school. I got some school projects to do. I’m keen on getting good grades so I did my project as soon as I could. Kirk and Guidry were kind enough to come and help me with it. I think we had a good time working on it. It’s a nice way how we can spend more time together and gain skills and get the grades up. So win-win-win, I’d say.
    RcHjaWt.png

Winterfest was fun. We had presents, some of them more useful then others, but everyone liked what they got.
    Graham wanted to surprise us with a Grand Meal. Instead we had a Minor Fire. Nothing surprising about that. What’s a Haas family holiday without someone setting the kitchen on fire, am I right?
    WIz9oaL.jpg

I’ve grown to like my alone-time. I usually just meditate, it makes my mind calm.
    pRNQX20.png

And when the mind is calm then it’s enjoyable to create order in the house and garden as well. Jose caught me fixing the sink and took a picture. I know I look a bit hesitant on it, it was my first try on something requiring any handiness, but I did well, and I’m not afraid to do it again - I know I can handle it.
    GBfr6sB.png

And I enjoy taking care of the garden. Including both smaller plants and the oversized crops. I plant the seeds, water and fertilize the plants, and sometimes, when I feel like it’s necessary for me or the plants, I talk with them. Even if it’s in the middle of winter and it’s freezing outside.
    HOqc7l9.png

I think we are doing well.

How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
    edited November 26
    Chapter 2.6. Chilling at the Spa
    It was the day after Winterfest.
    Jose and I were at school and Graham at work (or at school, both apply, he is a teacher!).
    Gil, Samir and Kirk were home, doing nothing special.
    6A3VXGe.png

It was probably Samir’s idea to go and check out the new spa that opened in Newcrest. They could have waited until we got home, but they didn't. I guess Samir was feeling salty about me wanting to reach Inner Peace just like he did. Or maybe it had nothing to do about anything - maybe they just didn't think about waiting for us.
    Anyway, I'm not going to hold it against them. I can go sometime later.

They were happy about the “adventure” and gushing about it when I got home. Samir was pumped about the facial masks and mud baths. And Kirk had enjoyed a fresh salad he made himself at the spa.
    v4dleIp.png

Gil took a yoga lesson.
    He said he liked it and wouldn't mind joining me sometime if I didn't want to go alone, but he’s not sure he’d take it up as a hobby.
    9PzE2Mk.png

Graham got home and wanted to join the boys at first. But he decided to go back home right after he arrived. He said he was too tired and was afraid that he’d just fall asleep and wouldn’t be able to enjoy anything fully.
    Indeed, he was absentminded enough that on his way home he was almost hit by a tram.
    7Wftvpe.png

Gil, Samir and Kirk followed soon.
    Kirk had decided that it’s such a short walk home that he felt no need to change his clothes. He walked around Newcrest in a bathrobe and slippers like he owned the neighborhood.
    nLjN4GT.png

Gil had no time for self-pampering at the spa, because the yoga lesson took too long, so he decided that he would create a spa experience with a bath and a facial mask at home. He occupied our bathroom for a full hour.
    aEWVQM6.png

Kirk didn’t feel like changing his outfit even after he got home. He was wearing the robe and slippers even while fixing one of the broken wind turbines.
    It seemed a bit out of character for him. I guess he was just feeling bold that night. More on that later...
    ofH0MPU.png

.. Because the most important thing for me, personally, was this:
    jeXpWYY.png

All my hard work has payed off and I’m an A Student! Yey!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited November 29
    Birthday party! This was a double birthday party. Bruh aged up to young adult, and Becca is finally an elder. Bruh didn't get the Lazy trait, so he may or may not be the heir, depending on whether Clark gets it.
    bday-party.png

Bruh made the difficult decision not to attend university. He didn't get into Britechester's language and literature program, and he just wants to focus his efforts on writing as much as he can, as well as he can. Becca is disappointed but supports his wish to write. (He got it from her, after all.)

Becca tried to cope with leaving for her new job in the rain... could things possibly be worse?
    leaving-sorrowfully-for-new-job-in-rain.png

Yes, they could always be worse.
    leaving-sorrowfully-2.png

Bruh is not happy about all the garden work, but it's helping bring in more of an income. Here he is suffering in the begonias.
    bruh-suffering-in-the-begonias.png

Fortunately there are other wonderful people in Bruh's life. Like Ren, the librarian. They've been bonding while Bruh is there writing.
    bruh-bonds-with-ren.png

And, of course, the lovely Katie Jameson. Bruh took her out on a date to the park. (She's a freegan, so hopefully she doesn't mind not having a lot of money spent on her.)
    proposal-date.png

Bruh felt very smitten
    smitten-after-date.png

And asked Katie to marry him. She accepted!

Bruh returned to find a very messy yard. Trash stinking on the ground, litter box not cleaned since Lord knows when AND having been struck by lightning... could things be worse?
    dirty-yard-1.png

Yes, yes, things could always be worse.
    dirty-yard-2.png

But, Bruh is determined to make things better for his family. He has been upgrading the kitchen equipment to work off the grid. And here is his very first hot cooked meal: Yorkshire pudding, with fresh milk and eggs from the grocery stand.
    first-yorkshire-pudding.png

He's hoping that when Clark ages up to young adult and heirdom becomes clear, he'll be able to remove the Grody trait so that everyone can eat much more happily.

Clark aged up to teen! He got the Romantic trait and the Master Actor aspiration. Good grief.
    clark-ages-up.png

Clark eagerly tried out the waters of romance by taking his childhood friend Silvia out on a date to Mimsy's. She came. As did... her father. Okay. I guess they like to keep a close eye on their girl. Clark and Silvia nevertheless managed to enjoy their evening very much.
    clark-date-with-silvia-and-her-father.png

Bruh and Katie decided to get married at Harvestfest dinner. Bruh cooked. There was a fire. Bruh extinguished it immediately and resumed cooking.
    hf-meal1.png

I won't let anything ruin this day.
    hf-meal2-wont-let-anything-ruin-this.png

Everyone come eat!
    hf-meal3-call.png

hf-meal5-conversation.png

They said their vows at the head of the table, gnomes looking on.
hf-vows.png

Katie moved in. They began planning to adopt babies as soon as they could.
    k-moves-in.png

Late that night...
    "Oh no!! I forgot I have to do the whole garden!!"
    hf-oh-no-the-garden.png
    Tales of San Myshuno
    Posting in What Happened In Your Game Today. Index in link here

Wishing for a hard life?
    The Slacklater family's adventures in the Diminish the Torment Challenge, and how you can play too...

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 2,817 Member
    @Antqua - Is it alright for the "heir" to attend uni from home? Just wondering if this counts as a "job". Asking because in my story, Ella and Eli have just aged up to YA, and wanted to know before I registered them. Thanks :) Also like @mightysprite idea about when a pop-up comes up for a job change, that they either change jobs or they don't. I didn't do this with the first Gen. for Susumu because I had randomly rolled his career, but it sounds like a fun idea. I may start this in Gen. 2 with the heir's spouse. Of course, they could be job hopping a lot since those pop-ups come pretty much every day. lol

@Antiqua - Ch 2.5 -
    Samir and Kurt are good looking kids, although it's funny to see Kurt with that quivering lip. lol And another fire! Geez...now the tree went up in flames. Oh, Samir must like his gift...a duffle of cash! Amira - In my story, Cece knows just how you feel about talking to those plants in all kinds of weather. lol

Ch. 2.6 - Chilling at the spa
    Oh my Graham almost getting hit by that streetcar! Oh gee, Graham, go home. Gil hogging the bathtub for his "spa" experience for an hour - too funny! And Kirk wandering around in his bathrobe from the spa...he just didn't want to have that spa experience be over. And...he got a free bathrobe in the bargain. lol And congrats to Amira for getting an A! Yes!

@mightysprite - Nov 28th post - B-day party
    Buh is now a YA, and Becca becomes an elder. Oh gee! Becca an elder already! Oh my gosh...does Bruh hate gardening? lol Poor guy...well, someone's gotta do it. Clark, as a teen, doing that "I'm sexy" look in front of the mirror...funny! Loving Clark's first date...supervised by his date's father. lol And so Bruh and Katie get married at Harvestfest...talk about a shoestring wedding...Harvestfest meal...slightly charred...and say your vows at the head of the table...guests...gnomes...come as you are...seed packets as wedding gifts. hehehe Well, at least they didn't get married in the bathroom! And here Bruh is trying to have his wedding night...and then remembers the garden...hehehe and it looks like Clark is too tired to do it as well. lol Oh my gosh!
    @SoulGal7 The heir is allowed to attend uni, as long as they do it from home.

I liked the job-hopping idea a lot and added it to the rules. It's a fun way how to make the game both easier and harder at the same time (ah, the added risk of losing all your progress due to a phone call and the "wrong" pick from a random yes/no option!).

@mightysprite
    Becca is also an elder already! Oh no!
    I don't know why, but I laughed when I read that Clark wants to be a master actor. Imagine if he gets the lazy trait and you have a lazy romantic actor on your hands. Poor boy, having the father of the date hover around during that dinner.
    Congratulations to Bruh and Katie for getting married. Hope they have a wonderful life together.
    The family is doing great, so happy for them!
    edited November 29
    Chapter 2.7. A man of his dreams?
    Like I said - Kirk was feeling brave, ignoring all the usual rules he usually follows. He's wearing his white robe and slippers. Maybe he was pretending he was a Super-Sim and the robe was his cape or something.
    I have never seen him this bold before. When a passer-by noticed Kirk in the garden, Kirk actually went over and started chatting with him.
    This is the way Kirk met Sean.
    iLuerre.png

They became friends.
    Sean enjoyed our company and wasn’t too afraid of all the ghosts and specters we have hanging around. I could see Kirk glancing at him in a particular way but Sean didn’t seem to notice anything.
    jhvUNZa.png

Apparently Sean is unflirty. He doesn’t flirt himself and also doesn’t notice when someone is acting romantic towards him, unless it’s blatantly obvious. Kirk is never blatant.
    2o1E8xY.png

Kirk and Sean felt really comfortable around each other and could talk about the most mundane things (like the cold weather) and be totally happy about it.
    6CPc45o.png

It all changed at some point.

Kirk somehow broke through the unflirty exterior and Sean started showing interest in him. True interest, romantically speaking.
    The kiss they shared was the first one for both.
    w91M0zm.png

But not the last one.
    NGovaLN.png

I might get ahead of thing but I'm starting to think - is Sean the man of Kirk’s dreams, the man he will build a family with?
    It sure does start to look like he might be the second member of our family to find a significant other.
    It is exciting in a way but I also worry about my brothers leaving one after another.
    OK, enough of these selfish thoughts. Main thing - that Kirk would be happy!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited November 29
    Chapter 17: Birthday Party Woes

first-day-of-fall-and-cece-gets-attacked-by-her-bees.png
    It was the first day of fall, and I was out in my garden, and my own bees attacked me! I guess I have been busy with other matters and have been neglecting them, and they even needed some mite treatment.

susumu-practicing-his-bar-tricks.png

All of the kids were at school, and Susumu had work in a few hours, but was busily practicing his drink making skills.

The bills came and we were $887 simoleons poorer. I am not sure when it happened, but suddenly we had less than $1K simoleons to our name. Perhaps it was all the recent purchases that we had made, or the fact that I hadn't sold anything at the market lately. I decided to harvest the garden and head to the market afterwards.

they-dont-know-how-it-happened-but-suddenly-they-were-low-on-funds.png

Susumu must have realized the simoleon situation, too, as he started a yard sale.

When I arrived at the market, I sold some items to the garden shop and some to the grocery shop. I also brought a small cross stitch to work on at home. I never fully sell everything, as I always keep items in reserve, in case Susumu has something special he wants to make.

windowshopping-in-town-cece.png

When I counted the simoleons, I was surprised that I had made a whopping $8K simoleons. That garden was a lifesaver! It was a good thing because it was Susumu's birthday tomorrow, and I had seen a wonderful new suit for him in one of the shops here. I decided to get it for him as a surprise.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I arrived home, the kids were back from school, and they all had school projects to do! I couldn't believe it and they were all due tomorrow. Susumu and I helped, and then, even Bridgette helped when she was done her own project. Miraculously, the kids all finished their homework and projects. It was quite the stressful night.

And it looks like we have another dog lover on our hands, as Trevor is quite unafraid in petting the strays around the property. In fact, I've watched him around the house, and he is always quite content playing with the doctor set. He told me today that he hopes to be a vet one day.

another-dog-lover-in-our-midst.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, the kids headed to school again, and it was Susumu's birthday. He told me he wanted to hold a dinner party, and Clara Bjergsen, who he works with, told him that they would have the party at her house. The Bjergsen's lived in Windenburg, and they had a rather large house near the water. I smiled and told him that I had an early birthday gift for him, and gave him the suit. Susumu told me it was perfect and he would wear it for the party tonight.

hot-and-heavy-with-ella-and-kiyoshi-1st-date.png

Ella got a call from Kiyoshi, who asked her out on a date. Since it was her Dad's birthday, Ella declined. I saw the sad look on her face after she told Kiyoshi no, and I suggested that Ella invite him to the party instead. Afterall, Sofia would be there tonight, and I had seen Eli giving Sofia some looks, so it was only fair that Ella was able to invite someone, too. No sooner did I mention this to Ella, than she ran off and called Kiyoshi immediately. When she hung up, all I heard were moans and groans of "I have nothing to wear" coming from her room.

susumu-was-ready-for-his-bday.png

And the day just flew by, and then the kids were back home from school, and Susumu got ready for the dinner party. I have to say that the suit fit him perfectly.

lovely-food-they-have-here.png

The house was quite packed, and Susumu went right to work making some party food. There was music on, and some of the kids started dancing. Eli and Sofia had gone for some privacy in the bathroom to chat, and Trevor later reported that they were getting "mushy" together. Since Susumu had given Eli the "woohoo talk", I trusted Eli, and knew they probably just wanted to be alone to talk.
    eli-is-pretty-smitten-with-sofia.png
    eli-gets-a-entiment-for-sofia.png

And then it was time for the birthday cake! Susumu made a wish, and then he aged to elder.

birthday-time-for-susumu-to-elder.png

cece-professes-her-undying-love-for-susumu.png

I still think Susumu is the "hottest" guy around, and, I told him quite boldly at the party. He was thinking the same thoughts about me, and in fact, he didn't want to wait until he got home for his birthday gift. So, we quietly snuck into one of the bedrooms...I was so nervous someone would come in...and...oh my...well, let's just say that Susumu told me later, it was a birthday to remember. *fans self*

it-was-certainly-a-bday-to-remember.png

and-it-was-over.png

While Susumu and I were...um...preoccupied, Ella and Kiyoshi had gone upstairs to chat and Kiyoshi brought up the fact that their relationship was long-distance. He so wanted Ella to live closer to him. It sounded like things were getting quite serious between them.

i-live-in-mt-komorebi-i-may-not-leave-there.png

But when they came downstairs, Ella went for a swim...I didn't even know the Bjergsen's had a pool...and Kiyoshi sat alone on the couch.

ella-swimming-in-the-dark.png

Well he was sitting alone, until Belinda started talking to him.

belinda-whispering-to-kiyoshi.png

quite-a-packed-house.png

Maybe it started innocently enough, as Belinda and Kiyoshi share the love of adventures, but somehow, and I am sure it was quite by accident, Belinda and Kiyoshi flirted with one another. I can see it happening. They both got caught up in all the excitement of the evening, and they are both rather attractive teens. But for Belinda to flirt with Ella's "love interest" is just not right.

belinda-and-kiyoshi-seem-to-be-hitting-it-off.png
    belinda-has-a-sentiment-for-kiyoshi.png
    belinda-and-kiyoshi-info.png

I mean, Ella and Kiyoshi have not officially made it known that they are together, but I saw how Ella looked at Kiyoshi when he came to the house, and at the party. I just hope that whatever happened between Belinda and Kiyoshi does not affect Belinda and Ella's relationship as sisters.

uh-oh-is-there-trouble-for-ella-and-kiyoshi.png

ella-and-kiyoshi-feelings.png

The party was over and it was a success. We headed home and Susumu opened his gift from the kids. Tomorrow was another big day as Ella and Eli were becoming young adults.

opening-a-gift-susumu.png
    susumu-elder-bday-gift.png