Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday Pack One Day Hotel Stay

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If and when we ever see hotels in this game would you be willing to buy a kit and or a SP or maybe not a GP about staying in a hotel for only one day. People and Sims need a break sometimes, even if it is just short little trip for one night. Would you buy a pack (kit/Stuff pack) about that?

If you did want to get your Sim out of the rut for just one day stay over, what would you want to be able to do at a hotel? such as a built in restaurant for dinner once your Sim gets there? A spa? A gym in the hotel? A pool in the hotel? A giant screen theater in the hotel? Shuffle board in the hotel?

It's not really about the place or country but the hotel. We can send Sims to lots of places for a day, but let's say this was a one day holiday from their daily grind where the Sim has to book a reservation and tick what activities they expect to do while there before leaving for this mini trip. (Linear setup of things for them to do, like a schedule)

Would you want that type of kit and or GP? What would you expect the hotels to offer each from the other, and why you would make a choice to stay at one particular one over the other? Would you expect the hotel to have a bar? Since bars are the go to place in most of these packs, and or would you expect a line of clothing to be sold in the hotel to pick up for the tourist on a short holiday as a souvenir, a little shop inside the hotel to buy a T-Shirt advertising where they stayed? (only sold within the hotel). Would you like ticking off the items on the schedule? say dinner at 7:00 P.M. before the Sim can attend any other event on their schedule. As a kit idea I think that might be a fun thing to try. If your Sim didn't get there in the morning maybe they missed a yoga/spa class? They set up the schedule of things to do before going, or while at the check in desk? Would this be something you would try? The trip is the Hotel stay, not a place or country etc. But different places to stay overnight for only one day with different things schedule at particular times for your Sim to attend, in linear fashion.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I could see it being a kit if it was basic hotels. Place it in a world and your Sim can book a room(s) for a day to a week or two. A check in desk, bellhop, hotel room specific doors, maids.

But, well done, I could imagine it as a GP. If they had basic hotels, cabins, or fancy resorts as different choices. Each with their own amenities. Like a basic hotel could have a simple room and bathroom and just a lobby with a check-in desk and a maid. Maybe coffee in the lobby. Maybe there's a small pool.

Cabins could have varying numbers of rooms, a kitchen and bath, and maybe a campfire outside. Maybe the cabin where the check in desk is offers simple meals or has a bar.

A fancy resort might have a full restaurant on the premises and the rooms would be bigger and nicer. Fancier pool or spa, entertainment venue.

Also, it's not something I'm interested in, but I know a lot of players would like to be able to build and run their own place.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I can see how that might appeal to some, but it holds no interest for me personally. I have a few small lots in a few worlds that I use for one-day rentals, but the idea of having to tick off activities for such a short stay seems counter to their purpose -- getting away and resting. Or in some cases using it as a secret love-shack of sorts. I'm not even particularly interested in hotels at all, now that I think of it. Much like real life, all that planning for stuff to do on a supposed vacation and then trying to fit it all in just seems too hectic to be fun, interesting, or refreshing to me. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    That wouldn't interest me at all. I already send my sims off for a day or two of relaxation. Planning an itinerary seems counterintuitive to the whole getting away to relax for a couple of days.

I do like the idea of planning activities. Maybe an all inclusive package where you select certain activities for a discounted price. Along with the option to just wing it once you arrive. Maybe a bulletin board of sorts where you'd select activities for the day.

When and if we get hotels I don't want a little piecemeal pack but one that allows us to own and operate hotels and resorts. And to run a bed&breakfast from your home.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We can already have one day get aways and visit different venues, spas, restaurants, bars, gyms, and sleep on another lot. The hotel would have to offer something different. For the hotel experience, they will need to add front desk, separate rooms for rent, room service and maid service. Also, don't think they will add activities from other packs into a hotel kit, but it would be nice if you own the pack, it will offer some additional content, like different dishes for the hotel restaurant, or drinks for the bar, different manicure etc if we include those objects on the lot. Would be nice if we could get maps from the front desk and go on sightseeing tours in the neighbourhood the hotel is placed in. Maybe the front desk could sell tickets to various rabbit hole type activities, like theater, opera, romantic boat ride on the canal, etc. Also, buy and send postcards, and maybe a souvenir shop selling t-shirts, coffee mugs, and chocolates and maybe hotel quality bathrobes, towels, bed linens and their own line of shampoo and lotions.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Only if there's a way to extend the One Day Hotel Stay for 3 to 7 days max.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    We can already have one day get aways and visit different venues, spas, restaurants, bars, gyms, and sleep on another lot. The hotel would have to offer something different. For the hotel experience, they will need to add front desk, separate rooms for rent, room service and maid service. Also, don't think they will add activities from other packs into a hotel kit, but it would be nice if you own the pack, it will offer some additional content, like different dishes for the hotel restaurant, or drinks for the bar, different manicure etc if we include those objects on the lot. Would be nice if we could get maps from the front desk and go on sightseeing tours in the neighbourhood the hotel is placed in. Maybe the front desk could sell tickets to various rabbit hole type activities, like theater, opera, romantic boat ride on the canal, etc. Also, buy and send postcards, and maybe a souvenir shop selling t-shirts, coffee mugs, and chocolates and maybe hotel quality bathrobes, towels, bed linens and their own line of shampoo and lotions.

Good ideas. I understand others would want a full hotel/vacation experience but we can already just waste all day with our Sim on other lots so why not make hotels something special because there are reasons people pick particular franchises when they go any where. Because of what a hotel offers the customer to stay with them. I like your ideas.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.