Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2021(No October Patch)

Comments

• Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    The Sims team have already confirmed that these will take a while but nonetheless with this being a speculation thread I'm throwing these into the mix as they are being worked on:

-PreMade Sims overhaul. Hopefully to include Likes/Dislikes and Iggy Pancakes being canon *finally*.
    -Pronouns and the inclusion of Non-Binary Pronouns.

As I said these could take a while so not strictly expecting them in October, but I'd love these to come before the end of 2021!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Speculating based on the new Season of Sims, a kits only October could be set to pay for a large base game update. Then again, who knows. We might still get a larger pack for all we know. However, a GP's MSRP of kits was announced and half are already on sale.

I'd personally lean more towards a larger pack preference wise, since I think the premade update will be the largest thing coming soon.There would be a number of things I would enjoy, though. Especially if it was something to celebrate the Halloween season.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I guess where we went wrong is that its not called Season of Spooks... would have excited my selves more

and somehow i feel life new self focus would have fit new year better (it also sounds like babies if you really try because i mean new sim = baby) ....

but hopefully they have neat update in their sleeves though

and hopefully theres some romance on its way asap cause i am really getting tired of waiting here

oh actually random but they did say " back to work..." get to work refresh? would surely add... dimension..and yes id like to customize my space....

oh well selective reading strikes again
    I sure hope they update babies!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's the scary season. Sure would be nice to have something appropriate.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I need Spooky STUFF! Seriously. More costumes? More socials? More holiday traditions? Gimme something lol.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    At present I'm expecting a small handful of bugfixes, pre-kit stuff for the remaining two kits, and ... I'm not sure what base game update, but something. Either more texture options for base game items or else maybe we'll finally get ceiling textures - or at least colors.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I need Spooky STUFF! Seriously. More costumes? More socials? More holiday traditions? Gimme something lol.

I second this! The scarier, the better!
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    At present I'm expecting a small handful of bugfixes, pre-kit stuff for the remaining two kits, and ... I'm not sure what base game update, but something. Either more texture options for base game items or else maybe we'll finally get ceiling textures - or at least colors.

High time, high time for those poor ceilings to be getting some attention.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Free stuff is always nice.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Patch Next Week?

YouTube
    Iron Seagull
    https://youtu.be/K-jg5rSOqxE
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Unlock new ways to play could refer to unlocking unplayable careers such as “bartender at solar flare” or maid etc like in the leak about waiter and host becoming available in choose careers for dine out.

It could also mean unlocking babies from their cribs.

Finally it could mean unlocking destination worlds to be able to make them livable (besides batuu)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Unlock new ways to play could refer to unlocking unplayable careers such as “bartender at solar flare” or maid etc like in the leak about waiter and host becoming available in choose careers for dine out.

It could also mean unlocking babies from their cribs.

Finally it could mean unlocking destination worlds to be able to make them livable (besides batuu)

As I think the babies will be unlocked at some point anyway (and I never play babies, so I can wait), I hope for your 3rd alternative, residential access to destination worlds would be great :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Today's October 20th and still no patch info.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Maybe won't be a patch this month.
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Maybe won't be a patch this month.

That's what I'm worried about. Next week is the last week in October.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Today's October 20th and still no patch info.
    Maybe they’re waiting for the two other kits to release first?

I think that will be November unless they bring them out next week? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    There is also no laundry list.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I'm honestly not too surprised they seem to have dropped that. A lot of people would complain that this issue or that issue wasn't on the list and the things that were on the list didn't always seem logical, even to those that didn't need to be reminded every time that the Laundry List was just the top ten things they expected to have fixed by the next patch, not the top ten most reported issues overall.

I am a little disappointed that they seem to have dropped the Maxis 411s though.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I'm honestly not too surprised they seem to have dropped that. A lot of people would complain that this issue or that issue wasn't on the list and the things that were on the list didn't always seem logical, even to those that didn't need to be reminded every time that the Laundry List was just the top ten things they expected to have fixed by the next patch, not the top ten most reported issues overall.

I am a little disappointed that they seem to have dropped the Maxis 411s though.

And now a livestream with Maxis 411 has been announced for Tuesday :D .
    As they obviously introduce a new Kit (Latin American Fashion?) I guess we will also get a patch.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member

As they obviously introduce a new Kit (Latin American Fashion?) I guess we will also get a patch.

I must admit my thoughts were an extension to the Latin American patch as people were disappointed with last year's cultural patch. But I think you could be right with the kit?
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Oh that could be the next cas kit
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    but it looks like won't be a ep this year unless it comes out in dec.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    How boring, month is almost over and now they say something, honestly I’ve lost interest idc what they’re gonna show next week. Pass for this upcoming stream
  • Options
    How boring, month is almost over and now they say something, honestly I’ve lost interest idc what they’re gonna show next week. Pass for this upcoming stream

I'm expecting the patch to drop Thursday. I just hope it's big and gives us cars,an attraction system and romantic interactions in bed.