Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2021(No October Patch)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Well we had 2 Patches this month so now it's time to start thinking of October. The October Update could be a Pre EP Patch but more then likely that will come in November. Probably not much in October but bug fixes or possibly the window that was shown in the Industrial Kit Trailer. I hope Maxis Surprises us though. It would be nice to get cars in October or an attraction system and turn ons and turn offs to tie in with the likes and dislikes.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well we had 2 Patches this month so now it's time to start thinking of October. The October Update could be a Pre EP Patch but more then likely that will come in November. Probably not much in October but bug fixes or possibly the window that was shown in the Industrial Kit Trailer. I hope Maxis Surprises us though. It would be nice to get cars in October or an attraction system and turn ons and turn offs to tie in with the likes and dislikes.

well we could still get a per kit update and I think there could be a big base game update soon
    because in the road map they said enjoy free updates that add dimension to your sims lives and unlock new ways to play
    we no what the color part was but not the rest I wonder what unlock meant
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021

I’m really hoping for that extra window for the Industrial Loft Kit. I’m baffled as to only one window being included.

I’d really like the neurotic Sim trait that was in 3 made available for 4. I love the way they get stressed until they check the taps and then it’s all calm again 😂.

Other fixes I’m hoping for is: My Sims are still getting glasses of water at random points. They don’t drink them, they leave them and then get another glass.
    They also don’t seem to be filling fun automatically. They’ll chat, nap, eat, toilet and wash hands okay but remain tense until I direct them to watch TV, read a book etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If we get cars, I hope we get the animations where we see Sims get in them and drive off like in Sims 2.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options

I’m really hoping for that extra window for the Industrial Loft Kit. I’m baffled as to only one window being included.

I’d really like the neurotic Sim trait that was in 3 made available for 4. I love the way they get stressed until they check the taps and then it’s all calm again 😂.

Other fixes I’m hoping for is: My Sims are still getting glasses of water at random points. They don’t drink them, they leave them and then get another glass.
    They also don’t seem to be filling fun automatically. They’ll chat, nap, eat, toilet and wash hands okay but remain tense until I direct them to watch TV, read a book etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If we get cars, I hope we get the animations where we see Sims get in them and drive off like in Sims 2.

same for cares and as for the neurotic trait I think it would be cool if sims could worry about there family in 4
    as well as other thing bills school ending up alone @ncisGibbs02
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

same for cares and as for the neurotic trait I think it would be cool if sims could worry about there family in 4
    as well as other thing bills school ending up alone @ncisGibbs02

I like your ideas 👍😎.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I think we'll get the 'add dimension to your Sims' lives'-thing from the roadmap in the October patch. My guess is that it's either an expansion of Likes/Dislikes with new Hobbies/a new category like Clothing, or Trait Overhaul: Part 2.

Still hoping for cars. But adding dimension to Sims' lives sounds like it's personality-related.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    I guess the patch will drop pretty soon because there should be a pre-patch before the new kits, which are releasing October 5 (or maybe they have already done that and don't need to do that)

Maybe we will see some more from "Season of Selves" and what they wrote about the free updates: "Enjoy free updates that add dimension to your Sims' lives, let you customize your space with color and unlock new ways to play." I'm guessing the "customize your space with color" was this recent update with the new swatches. So maybe we will see dimension to our sims lives and new ways to play.

E_vnZt2XEAELmOd?format=jpg&name=large
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I do hope we get more swatches updates (that fence gate that’s blue and white for instance).
    There’s also the chevron hardwood floors that could really use more swatches. Oh and please pleaaaaaaase add a white swatch to the desks and bookshelves that don’t have one and all the career unlockable desks and bookshelves too.

Some clutter that could do with more swatches if they want to add more : The toothbrush and kitchen ustensiles pots too, the kids backpack and schoolbooks clutter.

And if they want to add more colors, why not colored swatches of the S. Cargaux counters ? Or with a wooden countertop.
  • Options

well we could still get a per kit update and I think there could be a big base game update soon
    because in the road map they said enjoy free updates that add dimension to your sims lives and unlock new ways to play
    we no what the color part was but not the rest I wonder what unlock meant

Normally in November we get a big update. Not only is stuff added but we get tons of bug fixes.
  • Options
    The aquarium from Dine Out needs a dark blue swatch.
  • Options
    I wish they would IL events on the calendar I would use them way more
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just want an occult.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think we are getting a romance pack soon so my guess is they might add an attraction system, or the basics of one anyway.
    We might get some new recolors, since they seem to be really in to refreshing things lately.
    They said, not just the window, but some other stuff for the Industrial Kit still has to come out. They also said the Industrial style was going to be added to Likes and Dislikes. And they recolored one of the basegame sets that matches that Kit in the last update, so perhaps they could release the rest in the next update. When they updated that set, they probably added the Industrial tag to it in the background or something.
    Otherwise it could just be bug fixes since there wasn't really a whole lot of that lately and they might need to catch up lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I think they are working on separating the baby from the crib, could that be "adding dimension to Sims' lives"? Going from object to sim should certainly qualify for added dimension, LOL. Taking the baby out and about would also mean new way to play...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I just want an occult.

hopfuly not in an update plant sims were not that great . @PlayerSinger2010
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I just want an occult.

hopfuly not in an update plant sims were not that great . @PlayerSinger2010

Why not in an Update? In fact, why not both? Frankly, there's nothing Sims 4 could possibly do to Plantsims that can make it any worse.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    I hope the functionality to recolor furniture which my sim crafted.
    But I also hope the next patch will contain the massive bug fixes.
    So many bugs remain unfixed and new bugs are reported along with the additional functions.
    I think it's time to address serious issues throughly.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Rochert wrote: »
    I hope the functionality to recolor furniture which my sim crafted.
    But I also hope the next patch will contain the massive bug fixes.
    So many bugs remain unfixed and new bugs are reported along with the additional functions.
    I think it's time to address serious issues throughly.

Oh, that would be so cool having my sim paint what is crafted on the woodworking bench!!! It would be more fun using the items, but not the least more fun to sell them. Limiting it to the crafted stuff, eliminates the problem re recoloring CC. Besides, crafted stuff is normally just one single texture with no details.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I guess where we went wrong is that its not called Season of Spooks... would have excited my selves more

and somehow i feel life new self focus would have fit new year better (it also sounds like babies if you really try because i mean new sim = baby) ....

but hopefully they have neat update in their sleeves though

and hopefully theres some romance on its way asap cause i am really getting tired of waiting here

oh actually random but they did say " back to work..." get to work refresh? would surely add... dimension..and yes id like to customize my space....

oh well selective reading strikes again
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    They've said they're not thru updating base game hairs. I hope we get somemore updates to the base game hair textures in October.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We could use more colours for hair.

I'm not asking for a colour wheel, even just one more version of each current colour would be nice.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We could use more colours for hair.

I'm not asking for a colour wheel, even just one more version of each current colour would be nice.

Agreed, I'd also like more "unnatural" hair colors.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do we get a pre-kit patch today or did the last patch already fill this role?
  • Options
    Do we get a pre-kit patch today or did the last patch already fill this role?

I don't think we'll get a Pre Kit Update but I could be wrong. If we do it will be Monday.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Something I'd like to see in the October Update is hair curlers. It would go so good with Spa Day Refresh and the face masks.

I'd also love to see surgical masks added like we have to wear in real life now until this pandemic is over. I know there is no pandemics in The Sims 4 but I'd still love the option to have the masks. We can make our own stories.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    If we could just get the attraction system, I would be impressed. Zodiac Signs back, girlfriend/boyfriend/fiancee in the CAS relationships, and maybe flower bouquets like the ones from Sims3. Cars would be awesome, but I try to be realistic after not being able to breed farm animals/nothing like farming(waste of the theme)/stuck as much as infants. Feels like Sims1, not 4. I didn't like the two new kits at all and have no plans to buy them unless I bundle with future packs that I don't like. I bought everything in the Sims3 & the store and I'm heavily disappointed in Sims4 although there are several things I like about it too. In some ways it is more and in others, just so limited like the animals. Cars would be awesome. I loved them so much in the Sims3. Loved to watch them drive around. Made things realistic. I just wish they would really do it justice. Put in a car lot where sims buy cars and sell them. Put in a garage to get your car fixed and make it a career as well. Put in a gas station with an attendant job. Since they won't be nothing like Sims4, give us something to do with them.