Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer download from the gallery a house...?

SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
Edit: Thank you for everyone votes and comments! My little hamster (brain) was just running in his wheel, because I was thinking about if I had to upload my builds furnished or not. :)
Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
Post edited by Skyrryx on

Do you prefer download from the gallery a house...? 148 votes

Completely furnished.
71%
crocobauraFrn0731tams2578GoldmoldarBreeSashaMstybl95LaBlue0314aelias24Colorist40lisamwittoveronAnnie2008SablesashaIsb917DJNSCorkysPetalselanorbretonCaitxcathaneulBoergeAarg61 106 votes
Only kitchen and bathroom fixtures.
8%
mitchiebanjoDoloresGreyMDianaSimsBreazonamustenisinnyonceJojoMOMSTERthatsnotswegSimskristaSeashoreLiviaElisetomSkyrryx 12 votes
Completely empty (with landscaping).
12%
auroraael14BloosmooRamblineRosestephanie132392annaliese39texxx78AngelEb95Evaliynsillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtScobreAquaGamer1212simesmerizedjoRN1414GeniusSimmerGirlAngeliqueAdelaideSimmingalMetior_IceVeeDub 19 votes
Completely empty (shell only).
7%
Mi9shaoscarSimburianPaigeisin5ladybreidSimplyJenChampandGirliefoxybillyPeralSERVERFRAIsharellOlalla1986 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I prefer completely furnished but I may have to move some things around.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Completely furnished.
    In all the versions I hated decorating felt it was taking up too much of my time. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I prefer furnished cause I'm not very good at decorating and it's super helpful to me cause I just want to play with my sims.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    When I download lots they're most often furnished, and I really like some of them. But it's extremely rare that I don't make several major changes to suit my sim(s) and my own tastes and play style. One example would be that almost everything I find has a lot of kids' stuff in it, and I don't need all that. If my sims have children at all I'll furnish with kid-friendly things, but I personally prefer decor that looks fun and fresh for kids but not necessarily made-for-kids; I want it to look appropriate for teens or even adults as well.

I also remove all manner of clutter and replace whatever might be appropriate for the sim(s) I intend to reside there. If a builder has both a furnished and unfurnished version available I almost always choose the unfurnished one. Contrary to how it might seem, the less a house has in it the less time it takes me to adapt it to my needs. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I love the decorating part of it and find sometimes that there is a lot of bric-a-brac in houses - ornaments, paintings, tons of shelving with bits and bobs on that I have to delete every time - and some builders use really dark flooring and wall coverings - which makes the rooms look gloomy. I don't use curtains or blinds in my game so they get deleted too. I like airy light clutter free homes with no landscaping so I tend to build them myself. I have downloaded some fantastic houses from the gallery though. Rugs/mats set at angles is something I could never get on with (shudder!!) :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Completely furnished.
    selected this but so often regret it.

So often too much cluttered.

I know it makes the house look as lived in, but really clutter after clutter..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    selected this but so often regret it.

So often too much cluttered.

I know it makes the house look as lived in, but really clutter after clutter..

I know exactly what you mean!!
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I used to like only kitchen & bathroom fixtures, because it's more realistic. But these days I download them fully furnished. Mainly, so I can have a better idea of which room is intended to be used in what way.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Completely furnished.
    Sledgehammer tool very easy and fast to use where needed. :)

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I’m lousy at building, but not bad at decorating. Most times I download a fully furnished house and redecorate as needed. Sometimes, for something more specialized, I download a shell and design the inside.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Completely furnished.
    Can't build, can't decorate.
    I only want a bit of space to place the things that my Sim needs, so I prefer houses that are not too cluttered.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I love to decorate, but I will get bored and quit halfway through every time if I have to do an entire house. I'm usually just anxious to get on playing with my sims, so I tend to redecorate after they've moved in, a little at a time.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It'd be interesting to see the results.
    I had a similar poll last year, but with slightly different options.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975789/how-do-you-like-your-houses/p1

Anyway, I pretty much never use the gallery because I enjoy building things myself. But when I do, I'm leaning more towards just essential furnishing. And that is mostly because most of the more appealing houses/builds are so cluttered that taking non essential stuff out takes as long as putting things I'd need into it when unfurnished. Another plus, it makes it easier to personalise the interior.
    But in general I always come to the same conclusion after using a build from the gallery, I much prefer to use my own builds.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I usually download it furnished and then change it the way I like, but if it has a lot of moo, I often get rid of it and download another. I have downloaded shells too.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited September 2021
    Either completely empty or with landscaping. I hate building, but I love decorating.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Completely empty, because they often use tons of cheats that makes them unplayable. Also too much clutter creates more lag issues.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I don't enjoy decorating much, so I like to have completely furnished houses and then I can edit them to my liking if needed. Usually I just remove some clutter if there's too much of it.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm tired of removing clutter, so I picked this. For some families moving from a previous house it's also the best option. Other times I need a fully furnished house, so it depends. Isn't shell only upload pretty pointless because you can place the house without furniture anyway? (unless the creator just really didn't feel like decorating)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I don't have any preference with regards to furnishings, usually I download a house because I like the general look of it, so if it's furnished or unfurnished has little importance, especially as I tend to adapt them to my game and aesthetic so things get moved, removed, replaced, etc.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I'm lazy and have no sense of style
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    In the past I would download a house that matched the style I had in mind for a certain neighborhood or family, then remove everything except the outside walls. So when more and more of these shell-style homes became available I was very excited. I am somewhat slow at building. It takes me hours upon hours to get the look I want in a home or venue. I love decorating, as well as being able to plan out the different rooms where I think they should be so having an empty canvas to work with is amazingly freeing. I have had very little time to play for months and having the shells readily available has helped me out a lot. Some shells have required a few tweaks here and there, but overall I love all of the ones I have put in my game so far.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I actually build my own. ;)
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Completely furnished.
    Whenever I download something from the gallery, it's because I'm not in the mood to build and I'm trying to save time. So, I only download lots that are fully furnished.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Completely furnished.
    For me it's easier to redecorate a few rooms I want to repurpose than to decorate a whole house.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Completely furnished.
    I do not really download much from the gallery, but if I am fully furnished. I always have to adjust everything for the individual family (especially when I did not build it), but the more there the less work I have to do.