Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires no longer bite when very angry

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-no-longer-bite-when-very-angry/m-p/7204084/highlight/true#
I made this bug report in 2018 Vampires will still bite when enraged but will no longer do so when very angry
if you miss the way it use to be please hit me to
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yeah, they completely nerfed vampires. Some brainiacs were surprised their sims were getting bit by vampires after they bought the vampire pack. Imagine that. They cried to have it nerfed and ruined it for the rest of us....and what is going on with your sims face?? :D
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    That's why I never see the unplayed Vamps having a biting. That's just so wrong. Poor Vamps. :'(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Yeah, they completely nerfed vampires. Some brainiacs were surprised their sims were getting bit by vampires after they bought the vampire pack. Imagine that. They cried to have it nerfed and ruined it for the rest of us....and what is going on with your sims face?? :D

spa day
  • Options

well they haven't said it was nefed on the bug forum so could you please hit me to @Arzekial
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    they are probably too relaxed now, so they don't feel the need to bite Sims they are just plasma juicing :wink:
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Yup, people actually bought a pack called Vampires then got mad it put vampires in their game that behaved like *gasps* vampires! So the vampires got nerfed to be basically sims who can do a costume change and now, they’re coming for the new trait. Enjoy your high maintenance sims while you can, cause pretty soon they will just be happy zombies again!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993798/is-anyone-else-disappointed-with-the-high-maintenance-trait#latest
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Vampires have been watered down again ? Why buy a pack that says Vampires if you dislike Vampires 😂, I hope the developers use the lot challenges to let Vampires break in more often for plasma like they used too
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Vampires has become so pathetic, the only use I have for it is Vlad as a lawyer
  • Options

well they haven't said it was nefed on the bug forum so could you please hit me to @Arzekial

Scroll down to SimGuruNinja's post. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936022/have-vampires-been-nerfed/p1

Break-ins were not the only thing nerfed though. They use to send a message late at night if you befriended them offering vampirism. They still do, but only under a very specific set of circumstances and the stars align just right. In the past 2000 hours or so of game play it's happened twice for me. So, yeah, everyone that bought the vampire pack for actual vampire game play got the shaft because the whiners that only wanted it for the hair and clothing got their way.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

spa day

Awesome. I thought there may have been a zombie pack I was missing :p
  • Options

Scroll down to SimGuruNinja's post. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936022/have-vampires-been-nerfed/p1

Break-ins were not the only thing nerfed though. They use to send a message late at night if you befriended them offering vampirism. They still do, but only under a very specific set of circumstances and the stars align just right. In the past 2000 hours or so of game play it's happened twice for me. So, yeah, everyone that bought the vampire pack for actual vampire game play got the shaft because the whiners that only wanted it for the hair and clothing got their way.

he said nothing about the befriended them offering vampirism.being nerfed I think we are so use to everything we like
    being taken away that we forget there can be bugs
  • Options

he said nothing about the befriended them offering vampirism.being nerfed I think we are so use to everything we like

Are you implying that it may be a bug? It's not. It now depends on friendship level and a roll of the dice. So, it rarely happens now. That's a nerf.
  • Options

Are you implying that it may be a bug? It's not. It now depends on friendship level and a roll of the dice. So, it rarely happens now. That's a nerf.

how do you know its not glitching though
  • Options
    edited September 2021

how do you know its not glitching though

If it were a glitch it would be an occasional thing, like the water drinking bug, or the gardening, or sims running around in the rain like goons. I guess that last one was on purpose... this was a complete change in the behavior of all vampires. That's not a glitch.
  • Options
    It would be really nice if they would fix the vampires and make it similar to the Star Wars pack. Meaning, you have to seek out and talk to a certain person and complete a task before the content is available in game. Then people that just wanted the CAS items get what they wanted and so would people that wanted the vampire game play.
  • Options
    It would be really nice if they would fix the vampires and make it similar to the Star Wars pack. Meaning, you have to seek out and talk to a certain person and complete a task before the content is available in game. Then people that just wanted the CAS items get what they wanted and so would people that wanted the vampire game play.

but that what I mean the offer to turn was one where you had to be really good friends to get it that why it seems like a bug to me
    @Arzekial
  • Options
    here's another vote for it being a bug from @SimGuruNinja from the threaed you linked last page
    he says Guess what? I'm an ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. This was much ado about nothing. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We're not going to change it based on the fury contained in this thread. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Sorry to cause panic.
    @Arzekial
  • Options
    edited September 2021

but that what I mean the offer to turn was one where you had to be really good friends to get it that why it seems like a bug to me
    @Arzekial

The friend bar now needs to be slightly less than half at friends level to get that "I have something important to ask you" message. Also, if you've noticed, you can only ask a vampire to turn you if you're having a "pleasant conversation" and if you're a vampire, you can only offer to turn if you're having a "pleasant conversation". These were deliberate changes to the game.

And yes, I've seen that last message from SimGuruNinja and definitely don't buy it because it stopped happening. They may not have technically taken it out of the game, but they did make it so it almost never happens.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Thank the Lama that I can mod my game. Since I added this mod by Lotharihoe I have had vampire break-ins in my game again and that makes me so so happy.

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/626725278159372288/vampire-invasion-fix-download-google-drive

However, now I get confused because if you look at the answers.ea-site it looks like they are looking for saves regarding vampires?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-V-NPC-Vampires-don-t-autonomously-come-in-anymore/td-p/6932999
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Thank the Lama that I can mod my game. Since I added this mod by Lotharihoe I have had vampire break-ins in my game again and that makes me so so happy.

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/626725278159372288/vampire-invasion-fix-download-google-drive

However, now I get confused because if you look at the answers.ea-site it looks like they are looking for saves regarding vampires?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-V-NPC-Vampires-don-t-autonomously-come-in-anymore/td-p/6932999

thanks for the mod link yeah I know right like I said above till they say otherwise I'm just gonna think its bugs
    @SilentKitty
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Oh wow thank you for this mod!!! Missing my vamp break ins so much 😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(