Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new "High Maintenance" trait discoveries

onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
I've been reading about the new high maintenance trait that was introduced in the Spa Day refresh update and it seems to be a complex and challenging yet fun trait! I've read that they can get irritated because of the sun, get uncomfortable because they accidentally drank pool water when swimming, and will get very angry if their nails wear off.

I haven't got the chance to play with the trait further, so for those who do, any other features about this trait that you've discovered? Or are there any positive features that actually benefits your sim with this trait?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They don't get sunburnt.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They don't get sunburnt.

Really? That seems like a bug.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They don't get sunburnt.

Really? That seems like a bug.

No, if they hate the sun they don't get sunburnt because they don't stay long enough in the sun. 😎
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @abidoang I will be playing a high maintenance sim tonight, so I'll share my findings! P.S. I love your Youtube videos!
  • Options
    Reading this thread, High Maintenance is going on my pile of "traits I will never give my sims because I don't want to kill them off in a fit of rage!" Reading over the moodlet list is like reliving my relationship with the worst ex-girlfriend I ever had. :D
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm happy to hear this trait is actually challenging. I'm looking forward to adding it to my snob sims to make them the ultimate divas :D
    (BTW @abidoang I love your videos).
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Finally a bit of challenge, a trait that adds characteristics that make sense and individualizes the sim, and is a step away from the happy happy joy joy easy peasy rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄 that are the Sims 4 hallmark.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Reading this thread, High Maintenance is going on my pile of "traits I will never give my sims because I don't want to kill them off in a fit of rage!" Reading over the moodlet list is like reliving my relationship with the worst ex-girlfriend I ever had. :D

:D:D:D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    [*] Poseidon's Kiss (Uncomfortable, 30 % chance from using toilet)

Omg this one made me actually laugh out loud :D what on earth is “Poseidon’s kiss?” I’m guessing if some water splashes up from the toilet?…

And thanks so much for the info! I didn’t know any of this.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Honestly the High Maintenance trait fits me so well.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Gave this trait to Judith Ward as somebody suggested and now she's even more of a mess. :lol

Got that Poseidon's Kiss moodlet and it spun her into a fit of rage.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I haven't actually used the trait yet.... I'm a-scared of all the hard work involved in maintaining such an individual. :D

At some point though, I want to enable testing cheats and add the trait to Judith Ward and Nancy Landgraab and then try playing them (if I can handle it). Eek! :#
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Now that seems to be an interesting trait to try out.

Unfortunately, I can't try it out today and tomorrow, so apologies in advance.

I remember someone saying that one sim became angry because their manicure came off. Some even say it is easy for these sims to die by anger. So the nail thing will be the first one to try out.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I created two Sims, one male and one female, gave them the Snob, Materialistic, and High Maintenance traits, and moved them into my world as townies. I'm waiting to see what interacting with them will be like before I try playing a High Maintenance character.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Gave this trait to Judith Ward as somebody suggested and now she's even more of a mess. :lol

Got that Poseidon's Kiss moodlet and it spun her into a fit of rage.

Giving it to Judith is a kick! Because she already has the anger bomb celebrity quirk, so she goes from zero to enraged in nothing flat. I absolutely love it. It makes my celebrities and well to do sims seem more stereotypically real!
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have only the one Celebrity in my game, but this seems like a trait one might have. I highly doubt it that Erik would complain about his fingernails wearing out, since he doesn't have acrylics, nor will he ever. LOL But, it does seem intriguing. I might have to give it to one of his kids, though as they get older. He's only got an infant son, so far. Seems to me this trait could be fun in it's own way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hmmm.....I may have to give this trait to Luna Villareal when she ages up... what do you all think? 🤣
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Does writing in a journal not help with this trait at all? my sim had the write in journal whim as she was very angry but it didnt seem to help only if they are on the brink of a melt down, there is no visible reduction like other emotions that i can tell
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @DizzyDi34:
    In an unmodded game, the only way to help a high maintenance Sim solve their moods are Wellness activities.
    That is because the buffs are set to the angry emotion, but not tagged as angry buffs.
    I don't know if it is an oversight or intentional.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Ah, sounds fun! I thought this trait was strictly connected to Wellness.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @DizzyDi34:
    In an unmodded game, the only way to help a high maintenance Sim solve their moods are Wellness activities.
    That is because the buffs are set to the angry emotion, but not tagged as angry buffs.
    I don't know if it is an oversight or intentional.

ah ok thank you its weird tho the only whims she gets when angry with this trait is try to calm down that ive noticed so far shes never had a wellness whim like to do a yoga routine or relax in a sauna etc and ive not noticed her do any autonomously only angry auto actions which is why i thought it could be calmed by the journal but nope.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2022
    That's because there have not been any changes to the whim system for ages.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    So been watching my sim with the high maintenance trait and im confused if wellness activities help ive only seen a visible decrease to the very angry buff caused by the trait when they try to calm down in the mirror, she never seems to finish a yoga pose and it never seems to decrease when relaxing in the sauna, it seems the negative actions help, like shout forbidden words etc which she likes to do a lot of. Actually the relax in sauna helps eventually when the happy buff you get from it kicks in as the main emotion, just takes a while i guess.