Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation Time

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
How does time work with vacations?

If I send two sims from my household on vacation and leave the rest at home will their ages become out of sync?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Time freezes for the Sims at home.

Thank you, that’s what I thought would happen. If I turn ageing off just for the vacation and then back on afterwards will that prevent their ages messing up? I don’t want my sims on vacation catching up to their older siblings in age.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited September 2021
    Nobody ages during vacation in the WA worlds. It's just some extra time your vacationing sims get. It's nice for some additional skilling off the clock. The same is true for Sims University.
    Oasis Landing is different though.
  • Options
    Turjan wrote: »
    Nobody ages during vacation in the WA worlds. It's just some extra time your vacationing sims get. It's nice for some additional skilling off the clock. The same is true for Sims University.
    Oasis Landing is different though.

Oh that’s great. I just want to take my generation two heir and his girlfriend on vacation while leaving the rest of the family at home.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    All other vacations world froze the age for both the vacationing sims and the one left at home, only Into the Future world froze the time at home but let the "Travelling" sims ages and they can have an indefinite stay in Oasis Landing not limited by vacation time.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    All other vacations world froze the age for both the vacationing sims and the one left at home, only Into the Future world froze the time at home but let the "Travelling" sims ages and they can have an indefinite stay in Oasis Landing not limited by vacation time.

Thank you so much. I'm playing a Lepacy of sorts but with my own rules and I was trying to decide if World Adventures would be a good choice for the generation two expansion pack to play.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Thank you so much. I'm playing a Lepacy of sorts but with my own rules and I was trying to decide if World Adventures would be a good choice for the generation two expansion pack to play.

Not sure, it depends of what features/gameplay you wanted from particular EP, I read about that legacy playstyle so for every new generation youre allowed to have one EP installed? if it was my choice I would've pick Generations EP so that the future gens will have the added family gameplay features from generations ep for me to use.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

Not sure, it depends of what features/gameplay you wanted from particular EP, I read about that legacy playstyle so for every new generation youre allowed to have one EP installed? if it was my choice I would've pick Generations EP so that the future gens will have the added family gameplay features from generations ep for me to use.

Oh I would love to have generations installed. I haven't really played with many of the packs so far and I'm curious to experience the imaginary friend. I played only the base game for generation one and I have a fairly long lifespan. I'm ready to have something new in my game. I think I will go with generations instead of world adventures.